Demarcus Ware appreciation thread *Jerry Statement Post #28*

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Loved the guy but just like Emmitt sometimes they have to go elsewhere to see how special wearing the star is...he wasn't willing to take a paycut they had no choice...it does stink but it was the right choice imo.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rowan Kavner ‏@KavnerDC 1m
A couple quotes from Jerry Jones in an official release...
“A decision like this, involving a man who is a cornerstone player in the history of your franchise, is extremely difficult...
“After meeting this afternoon, DeMarcus and I agreed on an understanding that would allow him to explore the options he will have for the..
2014 season... We were also in very strong agreement that playing for the Cowboys would be one of the options we would both be exploring.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
“A decision like this, involving a man who is a cornerstone player in the history of your franchise, is extremely difficult...
“After meeting this afternoon, DeMarcus and I agreed on an understanding that would allow him to explore the options he will have for the..
2014 season... We were also in very strong agreement that playing for the Cowboys would be one of the options we would both be exploring.

Hmmmm...smart and classy move by Jerry on this.

Still sucks, though.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Sucks that it had to happen....hopefully he goes to the AFC

DWare is an all time great Cowboy. I wish him well. That said, this needed to be done- and it shows that there might be hope for this franchise yet no matter how well Demarcus plays where he lands.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
We were also in very strong agreement that playing for the Cowboys would be one of the options we would both be exploring.

This could happen under very limited scenarios - he'd have to agree to something like 4-5 mill a year to make it make sense

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I still remember the first play he ever made in a preseason game. I knew right then he was a great one. Seems like yesterday. We should've added to our trophy case with him here. It would've only been right.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I wish him the best. I have a feeling Ware is going to have a much better season than last. But it was the best move for this team. And its a move i'm shocked to see Jerry make.

burmafrd

Reaction score
It seems clear he was meant to be the OLB on a 3-4 rather than a DE in the 4-3. I am thinking that might have had as much impact as his cap number to the coaches and Jerruh.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Great player on the field, a model human being off of it. Hope D-Ware lands in a 3-4 defense and has a few more great years before calling it quits

btcutter

Reaction score

Basically says....."If you get an offer let us know and we may match it or else good luck to you for all the years."

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Good luck to one of my favorites, it was the right thing for both sides, the Cowboys need to move on and Ware deserves a shot at winning in his later years.