Demarcus Ware appreciation thread *Jerry Statement Post #28*

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Thanks to Demarcus Ware for the many dominant years he put on display for our viewing pleasure. Dude was a beast and it's a shame it had to end like this but it is a business after all.

Good luck to him wherever he lands and I hope he gets him a ring before the end.

Hopefully he understands it's business and accepts his invite to join the ROH in the future.

khiladi

Reaction score
were-not-worthy.gif

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
I will ALWAYS be a Demarcus Ware fan... The guy IS the epitome of a class act.

superjoe

#1 Risher
Reaction score
I remember what it was like watching this team before Ware....not pretty, damn team couldn’t get to the QB at all, this man brought game changing ability, professionalism and true heart to a terrible team. He not only made me a proud cowboy fan on the field but off it too. the man struggled through allot in his personal life but every single interview I saw of him he had a smile on his face, he carried himself with true class. Cant say I will miss him because for the first time in a long time I will follow the player, hope he gets a chance to win one… (just not with the stealers, niners, eagles, giants, patriots, Commanders, packers or saints ; p )

Wish him the best, hope he comes back discounted.

Chappy

Reaction score
I am shattered and there goes my favourite defensive player. :(

I can understand it though with his recent decline in form and age considering the money he was due to get and he has been squeezed out, i just didn't want it to happen though! Interesting to see where he goes now and please do not sign with a team in our division.

I have a hunch he will go to the Packers.

This is a tough business and harsh calls need to be made so we can move forward as a team and how much Cap space does this now leave us with????

Thank you for the years DeMarcus and you will be missed.

BigD5

Reaction score
Tough to lose one of the best -- if not the best -- defensive player in our history

Lol wat? While I appreciate Ware he's not even close to being the greatest defensive player on the Cowboys. Randy White. Harvey Martin. Ed Jones. Bob lily. Waters and Cliff Harris. Deion. Woodson. All better. I guess it just goes to show how long Dallas has sucked.

Szczepanik

Reaction score
I for one am rooting for D-Ware to get a superbowl ring REGARDLESS of the team he plays for. Our fanbase owes Ware our support. He has never been a team cancer, and has always been a team player. Those players are always hard to find. 9 great years.

I still remember watching Ware in his preseason game against Seattle as a rookie. Interception, Sack, Fumble Recovery, in the same game. Quickly became my favorite player.

Remember him chasing down Vick, catching his throw away and stiff arming Vick to the ground as Ware ran into the endzone? I sure do.

Fredd

Reaction score
One of the few guys that could get me off of my couch and cheering in the last few years....I hold out hope that they can bring him back on a reasonable deal, but it not, he has brought pride to ALL of the water-cooler discussions that I have had for the last 8-9 years when discussing the Cowboys

theSHOW

Reaction score
great move by jerry. 94 was an amazing cowboy ....I wanted him gone and it is awesome to see his bloated contract dealt with. hyperspace a few years down the road and Ware will be back in Dallas for good. Ring of honor man.
8210.jpg

chicago JK

Reaction score
Lol wat? While I appreciate Ware he's not even close to being the greatest defensive player on the Cowboys. Randy White. Harvey Martin. Ed Jones. Bob lily. Waters and Cliff Harris. Deion. Woodson. All better. I guess it just goes to show how long Dallas has sucked.

I won't compare Ware to the old timers because that was before my time and those guys had better postseason success. I do think Ware is right up there on greatest cowboy defenders though. I think it would be a slam dunk if the cowboys won a Super Bowl or had some deep runs.

I love Woodson but Ware is the better player. Deion is the better player but he was only here for a few years. ware rates higher as a Dallas Cowboy than Deion IMO.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score

OMG

Did I just read cliff and Charlie, Ed Jones, deion sanders and Darren woodson were better than demarcus ware?

come on man. People are getting crazy.

cliff and Charlie better than ware.

with that I am out of here.

BigD5

Reaction score
What makes Ware better than Harris and Waters?

Those two were field generals and leaders of the defense on multiple SUPER BOWL teams

bysbox1

Reaction score
He won't play another down for the Cowboys.

I agree. I just saw on NFL Network there are 6 playoff teams interested in him. I liked him here, but if he's smart he will go to a contender that gives him the best chance to a Super Bowl.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Sad to see it end this way, but happy it did.

Say what you want about Jerry, but he always takes care of his players one way or another and by doing this he gave Ware a chance to get paid well while still giving his team a chance to explore other options.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
love him.... appreciate him... wish he had a nasty bookend... like K. Greene 2 Greg Lloyd...... Sadly he never did (unless you count one or two seasons of Spencer)

Thank You, You will be missed......

But not your salary

Afigueroa22

Reaction score
Thank you for all the sacks, all the fumbles, and that interception against Vick. Also I'd like to thank you for slamming Marshall Faulk into the ground, he has never forgiven you and it's priceless.

Bizwah

Reaction score
He was a player I never felt was going to let us down. You always knew he would bring the heat. I just bought my 11 year old son a Ware jersey for Christmas. Hate to see it go to waste.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Good luck to you Ware. Sad day for us Cowboy fans but we loved what you gave us through the years.