DeMarcus Ware is the NFL DPOY

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
He needs 3 sacks in his final 2 games to break Strahan's single season sack record, and needs 1 more to become just the 2nd linebacker in history with 20sacks in a season

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
3rd LB.

Derrick Thomas and Lawrence Taylor did it.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;2493694 said:
He needs 3 sacks in his final 2 games to break Strahan's single season sack record, and needs 1 more to become just the 2nd linebacker in history with 20sacks in a season
Only if the Boys make the playoffs. Jame Harrison is on the number 1 defense and will get close in sack numbers

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
ware is easily the defensive player of the year.

sbark

Reaction score
Gonna get alot of attention last 2 games, Wade gonna have to be creative with him.........

heck wade, flip him with a MLB and bring up up the gut.......

Eskimo

Reaction score
If he gets the publicity, he'll get the award - he is the best player in the NFL, period.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score

Ware needs 4 sacks to break the record, not 3. 3 would make him 1/2 a sack short.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
No sir, he needs 4.

The record is not 21 1/2. It's 22 1/2.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
lane;2493740 said:
ware is easily the defensive player of the year.

Gotta disagree, Porter and Harrison also deserve consideration. Of course I WANT Ware to win it, but you're being biased by saying he should "Easily" win it.

GOLDENCHILD1688

Reaction score
HARRIS has played great but ware really deserves this award.

if he doesnt get it im a be pissed. the announcers were acting like it was harris award already last week.

if you look on the other side of harris you see he has someone with 10+ sacks. ware hasnt had that kind of help opposite him all season.

ware may need to break or tie the record in order to get the award. hopefully he does

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Rack;2493772 said:
Gotta disagree, Porter and Harrison also deserve consideration. Of course I WANT Ware to win it, but you're being biased by saying he should "Easily" win it.

Agreed. I don't think Porter deserves it as much as Harrison and Ware though.

Right now though, I think it goes;

1. Harrison
2. Ware
3. Porter

Harrison has a bunch more tackles, like 3 more FF and more PDs.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
52.5 career sacks through not quite 4 full seasons.

Home run pick.

Shinywalrus

Reaction score
Rack;2493772 said:

Porter doesn't belong in this conversation. He sells out for the sack and runs himself out of position on every bloody run. No contain whatsoever. Same thing with Abraham down in Atlanta.

This is between Ware, Harrison and Polamalu. I think Haynesworth is out the last two weeks with an injury so he's a non-factor too.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
ajk23az;2493850 said:
Agreed. I don't think Porter deserves it as much as Harrison and Ware though.

Right now though, I think it goes;

1. Harrison
2. Ware
3. Porter

Harrison has a bunch more tackles, like 3 more FF and more PDs.

Harrison also has an INT.

I understand most fans will be biased towards their team's players, but Ware isn't a shoe in for the award as of right now.

Harrison's FF"s and INT make up A LOT of ground. Plus, he's not THAT far behind in sacks.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
its gonna come down to Ware or Harrison. i think if the Cowboys win their final 2 games and Ware dominates then he wins the DPOY no doubt!