DeMarcus Ware is the NFL DPOY

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
masomenos85;2494216 said:
Ware has 60 solo tackles, Harrison has 63.
Ware has 19 sacks, Harrison has 15.
Ware has 6 TFL, Harrison has 3.
Ware has 4 FF, Harrison has 7.
Ware has 2 PD, Harrison has has 3.
Ware has 0 INT, Harrison has 1.
Ware has 1 game without a sack, Harrison has 5.
Ware has 8 games with fewer than 5 solo tackles, Harrison has 8.

Ware also has more QB knockdowns.

Against common opponents:

Cleveland
Ware - 5 total tackles, 1 sack, 1 FF, 1 TFL
Harrison - 4 tackles, 0 sacks, 0 FF, 1 TFL

Philadelphia
Ware - 6 tackles, 1 sack
Harrison - 3 tackles, 0 sacks

Cincinnati
Ware - 5 tackles, 1 sack, 1 TFL, 0 PD
Harrison - 5 tackles, 2 sacks, 0 TFL, 1 PD
Harrison - 3 tackles, 0 sacks, 0 TFL, 0 PD

NY Giants
Ware - 5 tackles, 1 sack, 1 FF
Ware - 7 tackles, 3 sacks, 2 FF
Harrison - 4 tackles, 0 sack, 0 FF

Total Common Opponent Stats (taking best game if multiple)
Ware - 23 tackles, 6 sacks, 3 FF, 2 TFL, 0 PD
Harrison - 16 tackles, 2 sacks, 0 FF, 1 TFL, 1 PD
:bow: Great Stuff. D Ware is the DPOY no doubt!

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
Think what his final numbers could be if we go far in the playoffs and those are added in. They won't count but it will still be something to see. The way he's playing and with 6 games left, we could be looking at close to 30. Lol.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
This stat might have been addressed, so forgive me if so:

Ware has 44.5 sacks over his last 46 games (essentially, his entire career except the eight sacks he recorded over his rookie season).

Like Ozzu said, this man will break the bank. Highest paid defensive player easily.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
TwoSteppinJJ;2495207 said:
**** the Salary Cap and DeMarcus Ware is a good investment.

No doubt about that. I think he could end up being the highest paid defensive player in league history. Jerry isn't going to let him go anywhere.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
His sack total is very impressive, but even more than that, he's just such a good player overall. He's well on his way to becoming one of those "best of his generation" kind of players, like Alan Page, LT, etc.

It is such a pleasure to watch him as he puts together what is looking like a Hall of Fame career.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
ZeroClub;2495214 said:
His sack total is very impressive, but even more than that, he's just such a good player overall. He's well on his way to becoming one of those "best of his generation" kind of players, like Alan Page, LT, etc.

It is such a pleasure to watch him as he puts together what is looking like a Hall of Fame career.

Yep. For as fast as he is around the corner, he somehow is able to maintain containment and sniff out a lot of those draws and other handoffs. If he's not in on the stop, he's at least in the area he's supposed to be manning down the fort. And he'll even drop in coverage when needed.

Nineteen sacks? Are you freaking kidding me? I better be reading a lot about Mr. Ware tomorrow on various sports sites.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
RainMan;2495216 said:
Yep. For as fast as he is around the corner, he somehow is able to maintain containment and sniff out a lot of those draws and other handoffs. If he's not in on the stop, he's at least in the area he's supposed to be manning down the fort. And he'll even drop in coverage when needed.

Nineteen sacks? Are you freaking kidding me? I better be reading a lot about Mr. Ware tomorrow on various sports sites.

It's that deadly speed and the bend he gets around the corner. It's insane. I swear, the guy is leaning so far over and so low to the ground, I have no clue how he stays moving. He's just a freak of nature and it seems like you can't find a nicer guy either.

I can't believe how lucky we are to have him.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
RainMan;2495216 said:

Yeah, that's it. He's a complete player. Great pass rusher, outstanding against the run, and can cover passes.

His sack total is so impressive and gets so much attention that the greatness of his overall game gets overshadowed.

Ware is much more than just another excellent one-trick-pony pass rusher (such as John Abraham, Dwight Freeney).

ljs44

Reaction score
Ware is an BEAST!!!! He should win Def POY, but the media will give it to someone like Ed Reed or Harrison because they hate the Cowboys.

Shinywalrus

Reaction score
Rack;2493945 said:
:rolleyes:

No need to exhaggerate to TRY and make a point. If Porter really did sell out for the sack on "every bloody" play, they Fins would be much worse then 11th vs the run.

Porter damn well DOES deserve to be in the conversation.

Who's exaggerating? Porter is fine rushing the passer, but he has been a liability against the run, and Miami's rush defense statistics are based primarily upon their scheme's effectiveness in limiting long yardage rushes. Miami is 3rd in the NFL in preventing runs of 10+ yards, almost universally a sign of a strong, clogging NT that allows the ILBs and Safeties freedom to the ball, not necessarily strong OLB play.

Put more succintly, one would expect DPOY candidate from OLB to average a fair number of tackles on running plays. Porter has averaged just over ONE such solo tackle a game with just under one assisted tackle. This is roughly a third of Ware's production with a NT that sucks up fewer double teams and a little more than a fourth of Harrison's production. Stats aren't everything, but when there's an extreme differential, it usually means something.

But I guess the stat books were exaggerating when they measured just how infrequently Porter has contributed to the Dolphins' run defense.

Your argument, that Porter's credentials as a rush defender are held up completely by a team statistic that places the team outside of the top 10 on one statistic, the rest of which disagree with the point being made, is a little bit baffling. Shall we argue next that Cory Procter is unassailable as a pass blocker because the Cowboys O-Line is around the top 10 for sack rate?

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Flacco is in deep trouble. Wade can get creative with all the attention B-more will give Ware freeing up other rushers/blitzers.

Maybe McNabb lays down and gives Ware the record if he's at 22? :laugh1:

ddh33

Reaction score
I think you could make a strong case that Demarcus Ware is the best player in the NFL.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
what's Ware's contract gonna look like??? 10 years $1 billion dollars??? $10 billion???

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
I know it's very early in Ware's career, but who is the all-time sack leader? Is Ware on pace to possibly go after this record??

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
BigDinAZ;2496743 said:
I know it's very early in Ware's career, but who is the all-time sack leader? Is Ware on pace to possibly go after this record??

Bruce Smith had 200. I'm not sure about the guys that played before sacks became official.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Washington Times:

Q: What was more comical - the crowd in Cincinnati or the Commanders' pass rush?

A: The pass rush (or lack thereof) in a no contest. At least Jason Taylor pushed his season total to 1.5 sacks; he even had three tackles. That should earn him a fashionable cover photo on Washingtonian magazine. The crowd in Cincinnati was sparse (announced at 63,996 - yeah, right), but it gained enthusiasm as the Bengals moved in position to win.