DeMarcus Ware is the NFL DPOY

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Rack;2493901 said:
Harrison also has an INT.

I understand most fans will be biased towards their team's players, but Ware isn't a shoe in for the award as of right now.

Harrison's FF"s and INT make up A LOT of ground. Plus, he's not THAT far behind in sacks.

but Harrison has been a no-show against us and the Ravens, two teams he's supposed to step up for

Ware stepped up hugely last night against arguably the best Oline in the league on arguably the best team in the league, and not just that, we werent' gashed on the ground up against the league's #1 rushing team

shoe-in

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
bbgun;2496772 said:
Washington Times:

Q: What was more comical - the crowd in Cincinnati or the Commanders' pass rush?

A: The pass rush (or lack thereof) in a no contest. At least Jason Taylor pushed his season total to 1.5 sacks; he even had three tackles. That should earn him a fashionable cover photo on Washingtonian magazine. The crowd in Cincinnati was sparse (announced at 63,996 - yeah, right), but it gained enthusiasm as the Bengals moved in position to win.

This is the guy that people in here wanted us to trade for, and were crying to high heaven that the Skins got him.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Rack;2493772 said:
Gotta disagree, Porter and Harrison also deserve consideration. Of course I WANT Ware to win it, but you're being biased by saying he should "Easily" win it.

Ware has been alot better than both of them, he isnt just a pass rusher (which he is awesome at) either. He's great vs the run and can play in coverage.

Ware's last two games, playing with a hyper-extended knee against two outstanding opponents have been sensational. And the week before that he cleaned Walter Jones' clock too.

Ware should have won it last yr but didnt, he should win this yr in a landslide.

Thomas82

Reaction score
ajk23az;2493699 said:
3rd LB.

Derrick Thomas and Lawrence Taylor did it.

Derrick Thomas also has the single-game sack record with 7. He did that in 1990 against the Seahawks. He would have had 9 sacks that day, but Dave Krieg was able to get away from him twice. One of those times ended up being the difference in the game, the Chiefs lost to the Seahawks 17-16. Oh, and DT also has the NFL record for career forced fumbles with 45. He had his 20-sack season back in 1990, his 2nd year in the NFL, and might possibly have had the single-season sack record if not for missing a game. I wouldn't mind seeing D-Ware with one or both of those other records as well.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
ajk23az;2493850 said:
Agreed. I don't think Porter deserves it as much as Harrison and Ware though.

Right now though, I think it goes;

1. Harrison
2. Ware
3. Porter

Harrison has a bunch more tackles, like 3 more FF and more PDs.

sorry, but couldnt disagree more...and Harrison was basically invisiable against us and Baltimore.

not sure I even agree about the more tackles part, because those arnt official stats and are usually kept by the team (and padded)...Ware's overall numbers are sensational

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Rack;2493901 said:
Harrison also has an INT.

I understand most fans will be biased towards their team's players, but Ware isn't a shoe in for the award as of right now.

Harrison's FF"s and INT make up A LOT of ground. Plus, he's not THAT far behind in sacks.

they dont make up alot of ground...he has a couple mroe ff than Ware...who even knows what happened on his pick, but when he can make a move like Ware did on Vick two yrs ago and take it back all the way for a TD, come talk to me then.

he doesnt even have that many more tackles, as somebody else stated. he has 3 more tackles than Ware does, per DMN (91 tackles, 19 sacks, 20 hurries, 5 forced fumbles)

he's hands down the DPOY. If he doesnt win it this yr it will be an even bigger joke than that waste of time Sanders winning it last yr

HoosierCowboy

Put Pearson in the HOF
Reaction score
Joe Realist;2493709 said:
Only if the Boys make the playoffs. Jame Harrison is on the number 1 defense and will get close in sack numbers

so Harrison is good because he has the best defense around him--that favors Ware (and yes, I know the argument goes the other way also)

ringmaster

Reaction score
dbair1967;2496824 said:
they dont make up alot of ground...he has a couple mroe ff than Ware...who even knows what happened on his pick, but when he can make a move like Ware did on Vick two yrs ago and take it back all the way for a TD, come talk to me then.

he doesnt even have that many more tackles, as somebody else stated. he has 3 more tackles than Ware does, per DMN (91 tackles, 19 sacks, 20 hurries, 5 forced fumbles)

he's hands down the DPOY. If he doesnt win it this yr it will be an even bigger joke than that waste of time Sanders winning it last yr
I agree with everything you say DB, but this is the Cowboys, as we both know a team everyone loves to hate.

With all due respect to Porter, Harrison, Williams, just to name a few none of them come close to Ware, as an athlete the guy is just freakishly talented Ware, should be a shoe in for the DPOY award it wouldn't surprise me however if they give to someone like Harrison, because he doesn't play for the Cowboys, but play with the "golden boy" Steelers, one of BSPN's favorite teams.

Slashar00

Reaction score
As much as I would love to see Ware get this award, I think if the season ended today he would be third in voting behind Harrison and Polamalu.

Pittsburgh has a better record than Dallas and has the number one ranked defense. That fact cannot be overlooked and will likely weigh heavily in voting.

However, if D Ware winds up with 20+ sacks (which is likely) and Harrison/Polamalu don't do much in the last two games, then I think he'll win.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
dbair1967;2496806 said:
Ware has been alot better than both of them, he isnt just a pass rusher (which he is awesome at) either. He's great vs the run and can play in coverage.

Ware's last two games, playing with a hyper-extended knee against two outstanding opponents have been sensational. And the week before that he cleaned Walter Jones' clock too.

Ware should have won it last yr but didnt, he should win this yr in a landslide.

dbair1967;2496824 said:

:rolleyes:

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
Slashar00;2497279 said:
As much as I would love to see Ware get this award, I think if the season ended today he would be third in voting behind Harrison and Polamalu.

Pittsburgh has a better record than Dallas and has the number one ranked defense. That fact cannot be overlooked and will likely weigh heavily in voting.

However, if D Ware winds up with 20+ sacks (which is likely) and Harrison/Polamalu don't do much in the last two games, then I think he'll win.
Neither one of these factors has anything to do with Defensive PLAYER of the year. There have been players that have won this award that didn't play on number 1 defenses or great defenses.