DeMarcus Ware named HOF finalist

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I think it was Dave stupid Campo who convinced Jerry not to draft them.

If they're going to let Thomas in they might as well let in Dat and Dexter coakley while they're at it. Randall Godfrey was also really good too.

They're kind of cheapening the Hall of Fame with some of these players.

You are coming off as gigantic moron man.

Stats are not the be all and end all, especially the way you cherry pick em.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
That's nice but there is another Cowboys DE I'd rather see being named a hof finalist... Harvey Martin. He's an SB co-MVP and sack leader before sacks were counted. The hof committee needs to stop disrespecting this man.

Congrats, DWare!

J_Allen

Reaction score
You are coming off as gigantic moron man.

Stats are not the be all and end all, especially the way you cherry pick em.

For the people who think I'm a moron about this, I could not care less. Keep thinking away.

terra

Reaction score
happy for dware.
its stupid to make darren woodson wait.
and chuck howley.
and lee roy jordan.
and too tall.
and big harvey.
and everson.
and ralph neely.
stupid.
Do not see Too Tall or Ralph Neely ever making it. Everson Walls? maybe far in the future by the Senior way but that all. Lee Roy Jordan is cursed with playing in the time of the greatest MLBs in history (Butkus, Lanier, Nobis, etc) so I doubt he ever makes it.

Tussinman

Reaction score
More all pros than Urlacher. Same amount of probowls.
400 + more tackles in 2 more games played.

Also the Dolphins defense ranked in the top 10 in total yards allowed eight times in 12 seasons with Thomas. the Chicago defense with Urlacher ranked in the top 10 only three times.

Zach only negative was his size and lack of crazy athletics. But he made up for it by being a Sean Lee who was actually healthy.
He deserves to be in the hall. Mawae and Johnson both mentioned in their HOF speeches he deserves to be in. Jimmy can be explained as a homer, but Kevin M was a Jets player.

Zach wasn't flashy on or off the field but he was a playmaker.
good post.

Zach Thomas is penalized because he played for a small market team

His accolades (all decade team with 5x first team all pro) would already have him enshrined if he had worn a Packers, steelers, or bears jersey

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
And yet we gave up so many third down conversions so I would have appreciated his sacks more had they been on 3rd down. And then also taking over a game once in awhile would have been great.He was not the player he could have been.

DWare was the only one who was feared on our defense, he had to take on a lot of double teams. Usually that frees up other players but we didn’t have the players. Back in the 90s with Charles Haley he didn’t get a ton of sacks but he drew a lot of attention and was very disruptive. This freed up other players to the QB. One great player isn’t going to make a great unit. Ware helped lead Denver to a championship because they had other players like Von Miller.

J_Allen

Reaction score
DWare was the only one who was feared on our defense, he had to take on a lot of double teams. Usually that frees up other players but we didn’t have the players. Back in the 90s with Charles Haley he didn’t get a ton of sacks but he drew a lot of attention and was very disruptive. This freed up other players to the QB. One great player isn’t going to make a great unit. Ware helped lead Denver to a championship because they had other players like Von Miller.

That's true but he was never a leader, he was never vocal, and the defenses routinely folded.

Not impressed by his sack numbers. Took over the New Orleans game and that shows me he could have done it at will and he didn't. Just one game like that a year and I'd get off his back. Nope. At the end of the day his stats here meant absolutely nothing. 0. Nothing.

I hold Witten in the same regard and Romo is not too far behind both of them but not quite on their level.