News: DeMarvion Overshown has torn ACL

Jarntt

Reaction score
Poor kid. I don’t think the impact to the team year 1 would have been anywhere near what many were assuming but I think he would have played some and I was excited to watch him. I love watching players with the speed he has and will be excited this time next year to see him again. Our two starting LBs are set. I think Micah will also play some at LB. I think Cox will do ok filling in on obvious passing situations if needed but I’d like to see us add an old school early down run stopper type.

calico

Reaction score
tenor.gif

CCBoy

Reaction score
I hate losing our young 'rook' this way and him actually seeing light in the tunnel...

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is horrible news. He was looking good, and was one of the rookies I was looking forward to see play.

Thought would been mostly ST's, and some situational type plays. As I also believe they looked at him as to being a spy for the mobile QB's.
He could actually chase them down AND make a tackle or force an early slide short of a 1st down.

Maybe Cox will step up and fill that role now. Unless they find a LB when the cut downs happen.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
This is crappy, crappy, crappy news. I liked what he was doing. Has the dawg in him. I hope he gets well soon and back to work in 2024.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Crappy very much so as we were light in that department, LVE can we rely on him for whole year, Cox will he finally break thro? Clarke is showing promise , but just coming out of major injury last year.

Backups , other than Harper , I dont see any qualified ones. Need to bring from outside , thats always a bummer

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I was looking at the play where Overshown blew up his knee - and saw nothing remarkable in the way of collision or torque. Stamp this package ‘FRAGILE’ going forward.
Same here, watching the replay doesn't seem to show him twisting it or anything out of the ordinary. What a terrible shame. We can only wish him the best with his recovery.