DeMarvion Overshown slowly working his way back from torn ACL

Rayman70

Reaction score
IF this kid is supposed to be the next "white buffalo" we are banking on at linebacker we are so screwed. My fear is, Stephen Jones believes this kid will magically elevate the team and be the solution at linebacker. Just like when he paid Gallup after a major injury, with zero evidence to prove he could do the job. We always over-project the value of our players. Its April, so he does indeed have a long road ahead.If I am drafting, I assume he never comes back healthy and draft linebackers, sign udfa's, adding to the LB room. Then if he comes into camp and gives us some juice, its all gravy. But I would never count on him day 1. That is dumb.

rags747

Reaction score
Man, I have seen and experienced 80 year old baggers at Wallmart that move faster than that! What the Hell was he thinking there?!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Did you play sports?
have some of these NFL owners played sports, yet they evaluate players etc, not about if the poster played sports, we're just assessing this player, and he's working, but he and he's lacking speed! Once again, we realize he's working himself off an injury

SwagSurfer

Reaction score
have some of these NFL owners played sports, yet they evaluate players etc, not about if the poster played sports, we're just assessing this player, and he's working, but he and he's lacking speed! Once again, we realize he's working himself off an injury
Bro, he's clearly running the drill at nit even half speed.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
The three likes I gave...

1. The smart play is to be cautious and not expect much this season.
2. The music? What does the music do to enhance the content?
3. Geez another video of an injured player. As other posters have said we have been ruined byt eh Jaylon Smith hype machine, and now we need the internet polluted with more of this?

I want to see a lb in this draft.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
You gotta love the fan base with the looks, I'm glad that we have a lot of people that I even know that think things look uneven or something looks taller or shorter because of angles of pictures somehow they're human levels , human scales, and human radar detectors that live in here..

because you looked at a video he looked slow that's ridiculous come on dude give me something better than that that you think you could see something and know whether it's perfectly level or how fast it's going yeah we call those assumptions, yeah we call those assumptions...

Newsflash you don't know what somebody weighs by looking at them how much weight they lost or if they're actually slower fast or something looks slightly taller or shorter that is something that needs to be done by actual tools you need to actually be there... It's about as ridiculous as saying that mozzy lost 30 lbs I'm telling you right now that's not true but nobody really knows because they don't know what he weighed before but when's the last time you were what stalking him in his bathroom when he stepped on a scale nobody actually has confirmed how much weight he actually lost most young guys come into the NFL and lose a little bit of weight.. Yes he may have lost a little weight but everybody in here exaggerates everything because they think they just know because the things they're allowed to see or from what they hear....

Coffee Rant over lol
i had this injury these guys are disrespectful and nuts...you guys understand that you need to literally learn how to walk again first? he is taking everything slowly, getting all of his steps and rythym back, he will speed it up when the time is right and the leg isn't as sore...these things take 8 months to get firing again...my nerves did not fire again properly until after 2-3 years, even though I fully returned to sport. If anything I am more athletic, faster and stronger in other parts of my body now due to this rehab - and I am 5 years removed from my ACL repair. My knee does not feel the same but it has zero affect on my physical performance, I am performing better.

in TC that is his opportunity to turn it up a notch, then in contact drills - he will not be the same likely until week 9 of the season where he will tell the media he is starting to feel like himself. This goes with Diggs as well.

1942willys

Reaction score
A video like this is truly worthless; and also stupid
it seems clear that he is probably either going to be on IR the whole season or should be. Now it is only April but that looks so bad.
Hopefully this video does not show his current physical ability

Sheepherder

Reaction score
This video deserves criticism though. He looks like he can barely move
These injuries take longer than you think. All you have to do is look at Steele
Ray Lewis is almost ready baby! :muttley:
Let's see. There's Steele, Gallup to name a few. Didn't we all see how quick they recovered. Seems to me it takes more than a year, if at all.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Geez. Hopefully he is going half speed. His best attribute was speed and he's got none in that clip. I'm assuming it's one of his first workout sessions so they are taking it slow and easy.
It's pretty obvious that he's going half speed. Even a random person off the street could go faster than that. He clearly is still working his way back from injury.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This video deserves criticism though. He looks like he can barely move
And you are an expert scout to say this from a 16 second video.
I doubt you were there to see all the work out videos.

Most likely no one is going to look super fast running that type of cone drills. They are not so far apart where you need to get up to full speed.
What looked good was how he made his cuts around the cones to change direction. Yes, possibly could have been a little quicker. But he is still rehabbing.

Mcsports

Reaction score
if you watch the guy in college he has a great motor he's got good instincts he can play how he fits into the defense and how he comes off his injury we don't know that but I can tell you this he's a really good player that's a Longhorn fans I watched all their games...
The scouting report on him said a lot of the things you mentioned . I never watched him but the report also said he wasn’t a very good tackler. More of an athlete than a tackle
Machine .
What’s your opinion of that ?

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
As long as he maintains that clear eye view, he's just the guy this team wants.

rambo2

Reaction score
IF this kid is supposed to be the next "white buffalo" we are banking on at linebacker we are so screwed. My fear is, Stephen Jones believes this kid will magically elevate the team and be the solution at linebacker. Just like when he paid Gallup after a major injury, with zero evidence to prove he could do the job. We always over-project the value of our players. Its April, so he does indeed have a long road ahead.If I am drafting, I assume he never comes back healthy and draft linebackers, sign udfa's, adding to the LB room. Then if he comes into camp and gives us some juice, its all gravy. But I would never count on him day 1. That is dumb.
He looked like an excellent 3rd round pick before he got hurt. If he comes back strong and that is a big if, they would have another good player.

morasp

Reaction score
if you watch the guy in college he has a great motor he's got good instincts he can play how he fits into the defense and how he comes off his injury we don't know that but I can tell you this he's a really good player that's a Longhorn fans I watched all their games...
Man I sure hope so! I only watched his highlights but he looked vary fast.