Yes, so they flipped Steele to the other side of the field goal block unit but the same thing happened again against Houston.Didn't the Ravens just blow by Steele?
Not surprising when you look at his resume as a coordinator.Sorensen is the worst coordinator of any unit in phase in the NFL
No, he took the outside guy and the player inside him (Shelton), didn't block anybody. The player who blocked the field goal shot the gap between those two - it was Shelton who blew the assignment.Didn't the Ravens just blow by Steele?
Agreed. I’m sick of always getting outcoachedThis is inexcusable.
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
ultimately we weren't, Ryans couldn't stop Lamb, we outcoached him when it countedAgreed. I’m sick of always getting outcoached
It’s a shame with how profitable this franchise is, that we scrimp on coaching.Agreed. I’m sick of always getting outcoached
Especially considering he was a DC the year before at SF…….I really don't get why they didn't replace the ST coach this off-season.
So very true.I agree with everyone about Sorenson. He could have been fired day 1 of the off-season just given the amount of penalties ST gave up last year.
But what I want to add: Shoddy is the HC. Ultimately he's the one who truly failed (yet again) here. He's the head coach.. I'm not sure he's even aware that we have a defense or a ST unit. He's a pathetic head coach, and this is just one more reason why.
Reason 1001 why I don't believe Shotty makes it.
Yes. Jones' block attempt was terrible against Houston. Not sure if that was all bad coaching.No, he took the outside guy and the player inside him (Shelton), didn't block anybody. The player who blocked the field goal shot the gap between those two - it was Shelton who blew the assignment.
Against Houston, they overloaded the other side and the miscommunication happened a gap closer to the snap. Leverett (I think) went to the outside man while Jones went inside and blocked nobody. Anderson went through the gap between them.
