Denver took names and kicked A's

Xizor

Reaction score
I've made the decision this year that I will not get too high or too low about this team (least till we are out of playoffs) and just sit back and enjoy the ride. This is the Cowboys. They could start this season beating Buccs and Bengals then start losing starting with the Giants. I just hope if we do beat the Buccs our coaching staff doesn't let it get to their heads.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All off season we heard ole Mike tell us how physical we need to be. I didn't see any physical out there today. Denver was the school bully taking our lunch money. 3 times I counted were they went way over the line and we just set back and took it. Same as last season. Doughnut Mike for 3 days told his team not to fight. Well they sure listened because I didn't see no fight from anybody not named Steele. Our team especially the Oline are a group of choirboys. No way Denver does that to Larry Allen -Big E or even Gogan. These guys are more like Walmart greeters. What we need are tough Eastside-Westside bouncers. I blame this mostly on Doughnut Mike. Your team usually takes the same temp as your head coach. I wish Jerry would just give the job to Quinn tonight. And I'm a Dak fan but he's another Walmart greeter. A company man. I liked him going after the Denver DE but what he needs to do is go after those sorrybutts in front of him who didn't even come to his defense. Troy and Roger never took crap from their offensive line. I wish Dak would just let these guys have it a few times.
Now you'll hear some say "well it's just the first practice. Yea. so what????? You got the same results. Denver totally punking us and we give them a smile and a coke. Like I said even on the Tom Landry teams you had your enforcers. Cliff Harris- Thomas Henderson- Randy White. And don't even get me started how many we had on those Jimmy teams. Allen- Big E- Gogan-Washington-Norton-Haley and on and on. I can't tell you one guy I'd go into battle with on this team minus Kearse. Micha has all the talent but I wouldn't call him an enforcer. Dallas needs a few guys on the Oline and Dline that will just kick some butts when needed. This team is going to get bullied again come playoff time. They are all glitzed with no kick. A Lion without teeth or claw. And it pains me to say this but darn it!!!! It needs to be said!! Stop being Walmart greeters and be Eastside-Westside bouncers!!!!
Such a long post to be a hater.....

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Who cares about practice? Have you not seen our preseasons in recent years? It will plunge anyone into despair watching our starters play flat and our depth...well, they will make you think you're watching a high school team. If you are worried about practice, I'd skip the entire preseason, or at least make sure you watch ground-level.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
All off season we heard ole Mike tell us how physical we need to be. I didn't see any physical out there today. Denver was the school bully taking our lunch money. 3 times I counted were they went way over the line and we just set back and took it. Same as last season. Doughnut Mike for 3 days told his team not to fight. Well they sure listened because I didn't see no fight from anybody not named Steele. Our team especially the Oline are a group of choirboys. No way Denver does that to Larry Allen -Big E or even Gogan. These guys are more like Walmart greeters. What we need are tough Eastside-Westside bouncers. I blame this mostly on Doughnut Mike. Your team usually takes the same temp as your head coach. I wish Jerry would just give the job to Quinn tonight. And I'm a Dak fan but he's another Walmart greeter. A company man. I liked him going after the Denver DE but what he needs to do is go after those sorrybutts in front of him who didn't even come to his defense. Troy and Roger never took crap from their offensive line. I wish Dak would just let these guys have it a few times.
Now you'll hear some say "well it's just the first practice. Yea. so what????? You got the same results. Denver totally punking us and we give them a smile and a coke. Like I said even on the Tom Landry teams you had your enforcers. Cliff Harris- Thomas Henderson- Randy White. And don't even get me started how many we had on those Jimmy teams. Allen- Big E- Gogan-Washington-Norton-Haley and on and on. I can't tell you one guy I'd go into battle with on this team minus Kearse. Micha has all the talent but I wouldn't call him an enforcer. Dallas needs a few guys on the Oline and Dline that will just kick some butts when needed. This team is going to get bullied again come playoff time. They are all glitzed with no kick. A Lion without teeth or claw. And it pains me to say this but darn it!!!! It needs to be said!! Stop being Walmart greeters and be Eastside-Westside bouncers!!!!
Coach Columbo needed on aisle KICK ***!

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
First time Dallas had practiced at altitude. Denver practices in altitude every day. Could be they were just gassed. Don’t be so negative so easily.

You have one thing correct. Denver is training in mile high under near 90 temps. while we are in air conditioned Cailfornia,,,LMAO. and you wonder why we looked so gassed and Denver looked so fresh. That was the first thing Jimmy cut out when he came to Dallas. No more soft training in California. 3 Super Bowls later. You don't think it matters????

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You have one thing correct. Denver is training in mile high under near 90 temps. while we are in air conditioned Cailfornia,,,LMAO. and you wonder why we looked so gassed and Denver looked so fresh. That was the first thing Jimmy cut out when he came to Dallas. No more soft training in California. 3 Super Bowls later. You don't think it matters????
Who said it didn’t matter? Wasn’t me.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Have you ever coached?

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Have you ever coached?

I don't get your point?? I don't need to coach to see a guy getting beat by the man in front of them. One guy is tough the other is not. I did play so I'd say that's better than coaching. All about beating the guy in front of you. Mentally and physically. Football isn't physics....

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't get your point?? I don't need to coach to see a guy getting beat by the man in front of them. I did play so I'd say that's better than coaching. All about beating the guy in front of you, Football isn't physics....
Simple question....it's not that difficult....have you ever coached?

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Simple question....it's not that difficult....have you ever coached?

Football...no. Per coaches don't play. Players do. You don't teach being physical. I'd bet your team wont be either. Mike talks but seldom walks. Jimmy said his teams would be physical.. Any doubt they were not??

mmohican29

Reaction score

Micah Parsons was a ROOKIE last year. Let that sink in before you diatribe about no "Lions" on this club.

He was almost a 1 man wrecking crew with little help.

**** with that bs.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Well, then you have no idea what it takes to be successful as a football coach.....I coached for 30 years...amd i put up with wannabes Salud!

All I need to know is your record. That would tell it all:laugh:Yes. I never been a coach but I do know what it takes for a team to be successful. And since Jimmy, I haven't seen it to many times in Dallas. You as a coach should know you're no more successful than your assistance. By the way?? What level did you coach at???

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ya, I'm gonna put zero stock in a preseason scrimmage.

Apparently we WHUPPED the Rams in a preseason practice and we all saw what happened after that!

That being said I heard most of the dudes getting beaten were Josh Ball, McGovern, Biadasz, etc. Those are the type of dudes who do get their butts kicked so I am not exceedingly worried. I also heard Dak was throwing really well, CeeDee tore it up, and Parsons had what would have been around 4 or 5 sacks. I think there is not all that much to read into here.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All I need to know is your record. That would tell it all:laugh:Yes. I never been a coach but I do know what it takes for a team to be successful. And since Jimmy, I haven't seen it to many times in Dallas. You as a coach should know you're no more successful than your assistance. By the way?? What level did you coach at???
Well....I was very successful and the highest paid coach in the state of Texas at on point....Salud

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Micah Parsons was a ROOKIE last year. Let that sink in before you diatribe about no "Lions" on this club.

He was almost a 1 man wrecking crew with little help.

**** with that bs.[/QUOTE}

Maybe you should read before posting. I said Micah was a great physical player. Where I found a difference was he's not yet IMO a verbal field leader and he himself said the same. So how is that saying anything bad about Micah. I love the guy!!!