Denver took names and kicked A's

starfan1

Reaction score
Nice to read the same rah-rah posts for the upcoming season and how we don't have this or that or should've done this or

Our fans are pompous whiners that cry cus we don't win SB every year, instead of cheering for a competitive team which is the reasonable and rationale goal or expectation. You guys have seen enough of this team to know not to drink the Kool-Aid yet you still do and then complain it's like you haven't learned yet and I don't have sympathy for people like that. I learned awhile ago to expect the the worst team when they're considered good and can be one of the best if they're slept on. GN, I'm going mimis
If they had destroyed Denver the narrative would have been “ preseason don’t mean squat” by these same whiny babies

DAL1180

Reaction score
What made Denver look so tough though? Yeah they stuffed some of our run plays sure but I didn't see a dominate tough Denver team. I feel Tyler Smith is going to win the LG position in the end and he will bring some toughness. They just got to give McGovern a chance to prove he was worth the second round pick.
3rd round.

RonWashington

Reaction score
On the relevant side how did the Cowboys # 1 pick do against this “ orange crush “ that won all of 7 or 8 games last year . Mr Smith was bringing toughness from Tulsa .

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Street type fighting and pushing just shows immaturity. It has nothing to do with skill. Ask Larry Allen how it's done right.

Someone correct me if i'm wrong but, I swear I saw a pic of a Denver player holding his fingers up to a Cowboys players helmet like it was a gun.

Straight trash!

Whyjerry

Reaction score
All off season we heard ole Mike tell us how physical we need to be. I didn't see any physical out there today. Denver was the school bully taking our lunch money. 3 times I counted were they went way over the line and we just set back and took it. Same as last season. Doughnut Mike for 3 days told his team not to fight. Well they sure listened because I didn't see no fight from anybody not named Steele. Our team especially the Oline are a group of choirboys. No way Denver does that to Larry Allen -Big E or even Gogan. These guys are more like Walmart greeters. What we need are tough Eastside-Westside bouncers. I blame this mostly on Doughnut Mike. Your team usually takes the same temp as your head coach. I wish Jerry would just give the job to Quinn tonight. And I'm a Dak fan but he's another Walmart greeter. A company man. I liked him going after the Denver DE but what he needs to do is go after those sorrybutts in front of him who didn't even come to his defense. Troy and Roger never took crap from their offensive line. I wish Dak would just let these guys have it a few times.
Now you'll hear some say "well it's just the first practice. Yea. so what????? You got the same results. Denver totally punking us and we give them a smile and a coke. Like I said even on the Tom Landry teams you had your enforcers. Cliff Harris- Thomas Henderson- Randy White. And don't even get me started how many we had on those Jimmy teams. Allen- Big E- Gogan-Washington-Norton-Haley and on and on. I can't tell you one guy I'd go into battle with on this team minus Kearse. Micha has all the talent but I wouldn't call him an enforcer. Dallas needs a few guys on the Oline and Dline that will just kick some butts when needed. This team is going to get bullied again come playoff time. They are all glitzed with no kick. A Lion without teeth or claw. And it pains me to say this but darn it!!!! It needs to be said!! Stop being Walmart greeters and be Eastside-Westside bouncers!!!!
A recurring problem for almost 3 decades. I agree. Be a bully or at least try.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
All off season we heard ole Mike tell us how physical we need to be. I didn't see any physical out there today. Denver was the school bully taking our lunch money. 3 times I counted were they went way over the line and we just set back and took it. Same as last season. Doughnut Mike for 3 days told his team not to fight. Well they sure listened because I didn't see no fight from anybody not named Steele. Our team especially the Oline are a group of choirboys. No way Denver does that to Larry Allen -Big E or even Gogan. These guys are more like Walmart greeters. What we need are tough Eastside-Westside bouncers. I blame this mostly on Doughnut Mike. Your team usually takes the same temp as your head coach. I wish Jerry would just give the job to Quinn tonight. And I'm a Dak fan but he's another Walmart greeter. A company man. I liked him going after the Denver DE but what he needs to do is go after those sorrybutts in front of him who didn't even come to his defense. Troy and Roger never took crap from their offensive line. I wish Dak would just let these guys have it a few times.
Now you'll hear some say "well it's just the first practice. Yea. so what????? You got the same results. Denver totally punking us and we give them a smile and a coke. Like I said even on the Tom Landry teams you had your enforcers. Cliff Harris- Thomas Henderson- Randy White. And don't even get me started how many we had on those Jimmy teams. Allen- Big E- Gogan-Washington-Norton-Haley and on and on. I can't tell you one guy I'd go into battle with on this team minus Kearse. Micha has all the talent but I wouldn't call him an enforcer. Dallas needs a few guys on the Oline and Dline that will just kick some butts when needed. This team is going to get bullied again come playoff time. They are all glitzed with no kick. A Lion without teeth or claw. And it pains me to say this but darn it!!!! It needs to be said!! Stop being Walmart greeters and be Eastside-Westside bouncers!!!!

Looks like you can’t read. Ball played for smith,and McGovern played for Tyler.

All that crying for nothing.

blueblood70

Reaction score
actually, i saw us score and take the ball away from them on their home turf in that high altitude home advantage. must be a closet Denver fan because not sure what you were watching but parsons could have had 4 official sacks lol Basham with a pick and lamb destroyed surtain, twice.

who allows these fake fans to stay active in here watch scrimmage come say we got our buts kicked in practice and its not true at all.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Nice to read the same Rah-rah preseason replies I've read for the last 26 years:facepalm::facepalm:You guys let me know when those ever have worked.......:( We have no dogs....just a bunch of puppies. And until we get a few pit bulls in here. This team is going no where.
what giant troll..

Reactions: CWR

plasticman

Reaction score
Some Cowboys "get physical", the refs throw the flag. Now they aren't "enforcers" they are undisciplined "flag magnets".

Unnecessary roughness and unsportsmanlike conduct is not getting physical, it's just advancing an opponent's drive with a new first down.

Getting physical is doing your job by pushing your opponent out of the way and running the ball right down their throat. Getting physical is holding a defensive team meeting behind the opponent line of scrimmage in the closest vicinity of their quarterback.
Getting physical is creating takeaways.

Getting physical isn't ambushing an unsuspecting player with a big blow during a scrimmage that is generally considered a learning experience. The teams were not keeping score, no trophy was handed out. The quarterbacks were wearing red jerseys.

Getting physical is a five yard run on 3rd and two. Getting physical is your opponent's offense walking off the field with a three and out in the 4th quarter.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Wow!!!!
That sounds pretty discouraging

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
with all due respect, I disagree. its all Dak's fault. the OL and offense has not trust in Dak so they are like "why should we even try"....so it goes back tot he same thing, they are like he gets paid $40M and why should we play hard, he should do it all by himself. and we have no chance with him, so its discouraging. if you think I am wrong, just ask @PAPPYDOG he is the source of truth on Dak :eek:

shabazz

Reaction score
Ya, I'm gonna put zero stock in a preseason scrimmage.

I disagree. If the culture of this team is to change, it has to be in every practice, scrimmage and game. It doesn’t mean we have to win as much as how they are playing the game

the Niners can’t “out-talent” every team but they will “out-physical” most teams. The Broncos do the same thing. It doesn’t take high draft picks to achieve this……it takes the mentality of the coaches and the players and the willingness to outwork the other guy