Twitter: Depressing Ravens/49ers vs Cowboys Tidbit

Praxit

Reaction score
.. This guy has no life. But to find by digging deeper more facts we already knew.
How does this go to making better of situation?

Shocker media midget.

Blitzen

Reaction score
I said exactly what I meant. If this Cowboys team went to 8 conference championships since the 90s and I don’t have a championship to show for it yes I’d be more embarrassed. I don’t think Bills fans take pride in 5 SB trips…do they celebrate second place?
Yeah-that makes very little sense to me. I would not feel ashamed as a player, fan, franchise employee. I would feel more disappointed, and thirsty for more attempts at getting the trophy.

If I could never make it at least to the final four despite three decades of different approaches, staffs, player personnel-and I was the general manager of the team (the entire time), yeah that would likely illicit tremendous shame. I take zero shame as a fan because I don’t have any say in this biz. Lots of train wreck regular seasons and postseasons. As a player, it would depend on what I expected from myself, and what standards I wanted to meet.

I would expect many Cowboys players from the past took great pride in establishing a winning program (some that culminated in Super Bowl wins, appearances or appearances in the final four). Buffalo players likely are very disappointed they did not parlay one of those seasons into a Super Bowl, but I’m sure they also have great pride in what they built. Some Bills fans probably have very fond memories of that time and are disappointed it never included a SB win.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah-that makes very little sense to me. I would not feel ashamed as a player, fan, franchise employee. I would feel more disappointed, and thirsty for more attempts at getting the trophy.

If I could never make it at least to the final four despite three decades of different approaches, staffs, player personnel-and I was the general manager of the team (the entire time), yeah that would likely illicit tremendous shame. I take zero shame as a fan because I don’t have any say in this biz. Lots of train wreck regular seasons and postseasons. As a player, it would depend on what I expected from myself, and what standards I wanted to meet.

I would expect many Cowboys players from the past took great pride in establishing a winning program (some that culminated in Super Bowl wins, appearances or appearances in the final four). Buffalo players likely are very disappointed they did not parlay one of those seasons into a Super Bowl, but I’m sure they also have great pride in what they built. Some Bills fans probably have very fond memories of that time and are disappointed it never included a SB win.
It’s hard for me to feel embarrassed by a franchise that has sucked since I was a child. I was raised in 5-11 seasons. So to me I see no difference in sucking for 28 years without having a chance at a SB vs having 8 chances and falling flat. I don’t want to have to root for either but j get it. The motive right now is to make the Cowboys look bad and to prop up San Fran. I don’t take part in it because I don’t believe in what’s being said.

Blitzen

Reaction score
It’s hard for me to feel embarrassed by a franchise that has sucked since I was a child. I was raised in 5-11 seasons. So to me I see no difference in sucking for 28 years without having a chance at a SB vs having 8 chances and falling flat. I don’t want to have to root for either but j get it. The motive right now is to make the Cowboys look bad and to prop up San Fran. I don’t take part in it because I don’t believe in what’s being said.
The motive right now is accepting that San Francisco as a franchise has been MUCH more successful than the Dallas Cowboys in the past 28 years. The Cowboys do not suck. That part is ridiculous. The Cowboys might be better if they had spent more time in the cellar. Being terrible shocks Jerry and the franchise into action. Being good but not great means running it back in perpetuity. I would love for the franchise to be in an extremely competitive division and conference year after year. Not because I want them to lose. I want the franchise’s decision makers to be forced to take serious action if they do lose, and to make status quo not be enough to keep up. No one loves the Washington and New York franchises being largely useless for many of the last 28 years like the Jones’.

plymkr

Reaction score
Just show them this,
ef9340da5c1e05165374a4b12d353164.jpg
Wow. He has aged a lot in 7 years.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The motive right now is accepting that San Francisco as a franchise has been MUCH more successful than the Dallas Cowboys in the past 28 years. The Cowboys do not suck. That part is ridiculous. The Cowboys might be better if they had spent more time in the cellar. Being terrible shocks Jerry and the franchise into action. Being good but not great means running it back in perpetuity. I would love for the franchise to be in an extremely competitive division and conference year after year. Not because I want them to lose. I want the franchise’s decision makers to be forced to take serious action if they do lose, and to make status quo not be enough to keep up. No one loves the Washington and New York franchises being largely useless for many of the last 28 years like the Jones’.
Well saying San Fran has had more success than Dallas is not really ground breaking. I’d imagine you can say that about every team when comparing them to the Cowboys….maybe except Commanders.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I'm over 75, with that as measurement, heck they have over 50 years to catch up with this old fan.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Well saying San Fran has had more success than Dallas is not really ground breaking. I’d imagine you can say that about every team when comparing them to the Cowboys….maybe except Commanders.
No, but initially we were speaking about what we as fans would rather the team do (make CCG or not). And which was more shameful.

I don’t care about propping SF, but want fellow Dallas fans to look at what they have accomplished and absolutely desire that over what Dallas has accomplished in that same time period. If the team is making the final for that often, I would feel much better about their trajectory and method.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No, but initially we were speaking about what we as fans would rather the team do (make CCG or not). And which was more shameful.

I don’t care about propping SF, but want fellow Dallas fans to look at what they have accomplished and absolutely desire that over what Dallas has accomplished in that same time period. If the team is making the final for that often, I would feel much better about their trajectory and method.
Why would you desire that though? Why wouldn’t you desire the Chiefs? Or Ravens? Hell I hate Philly but if they are something to strive for over San Fran….

Blitzen

Reaction score
Why would you desire that though? Why wouldn’t you desire the Chiefs? Or Ravens? Hell I hate Philly but if they are something to strive for over San Fran….
I do prefer SB trophies over zero trophies (like every fan). But if given the choice between Dallas and SF postseason success, that would be SF every single time.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I do prefer SB trophies over zero trophies (like every fan). But if given the choice between Dallas and SF postseason success, that would be SF every single time.
Fair enough. I was just answering the question. I’d be more embarrassed choking 8 times in the conference game than not going at all. Neither is ideal to me.