Derek Carr to New Orleans Close To Being Done?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Always amazing that the Saints start the year -75 million in cap. Make moves, sign big time players.

Yet, we get Anthony Barr.
I was just going to mention this. Then again, they have Mickey Loomis managing their cap, we have Mickey Mouse.

FoPXdzOXoAA3ZqM.jpg

Carson

Reaction score
I was just going to mention this. Then again, they have Mickey Loomis managing their cap, we have Mickey Mouse.

FoPXdzOXoAA3ZqM.jpg
It’s sickening.

I understand not wanting to splurge every season and put yourself in a bad situation. But when you can move cap around, get 50+ million in space, you can afford to sign ONE second tier player between 2012 and 2023

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

They had a very good defense ending in 2021, and it suffered some from the cap issues going into 2022. Though at times they still looked good, they also had times it showed they lost some talent.
So I wonder to get Carr and under the cap, how much more it, or also, parts of the offense pays the price.

Carson

Reaction score
They had a very good defense ending in 2021, and it suffered some from the cap issues going into 2022. Though at times they still looked good, they also had times it showed they lost some talent.
So I wonder to get Carr and under the cap, how much more it, or also, parts of the offense pays the price.
I’m sure it’ll be team friendly back loaded

John813

Reaction score
Must have some huge guaranteed roster bonuses in years 2 & 3 to give him some guarantees without a big signing bonus.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s sickening.

I understand not wanting to splurge every season and put yourself in a bad situation. But when you can move cap around, get 50+ million in space, you can afford to sign ONE second tier player between 2012 and 2023
And New Orleans has managed to do it for several years now, retaining talent and adding to it. And now they’re able to make a big money quarterback signing.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Derek Carr is the worst QB situation in football. He’s just good enough to avoid getting replaced, but not good enough to get you anywhere.

Many 8-9 to 10-7 seasons incoming

kskboys

Reaction score
Derek Carr is the worst QB situation in football. He’s just good enough to avoid getting replaced, but not good enough to get you anywhere.

Many 8-9 to 10-7 seasons incoming
Possibly, but NO has a really good D(5th in 2022) and some very nice young players. Too bad they gave up their own 1st to Philly. They do have SF's 1st at 29.