Derek Carr to New Orleans Close To Being Done?

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
What are the chances that the Saints win another SB with a journeyman QB discarded by the team that drafted him.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Carr has very upside down losing record inthe NFL. Made as much as Dak and has done nothing in the playoffs

Daks had zero losing seasons, 4 out of 6 years in the playoffs, top 5 winning qb in the league since 2016, 166 passing tds, 26 rushing , only 65 ints i mean hes clearly better then carr and these threads get more ridiculous by the minute.

Oh and NO vs Dallas ironic 14-16 3 losing seasons in a row, 7-10 last year 9-8 the year before and somehow, they are superior to our FO.. since when does blow it up over B2B 12 win season a 2nd round playoff berth and having plenty of talent gives NO the edge? they had HOF qb for 17 years and won 1 SB and of late been outed in the wc or divisional playoffs.

NO also been to ONE SB and won ONE SB, Jerry has 3..seriously :facepalm:

but oh wait they got Carr, they are superior to the Cowboys. Since when?
....and yet Dak and Dallas have done the same squat as the Saints but let's herald Dak as something special when he is nothing more than a Carr or Cousins.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Always amazing that the Saints start the year -75 million in cap. Make moves, sign big time players.

Yet, we get Anthony Barr.
Cowboys are not smart with their money when it comes to the cap. The shy away from free agency because they are awful at evaluating talent. They rarther sign these old, worn out players for cheap deals, and they overprice some of their own draft picks and give them big contracts.

I think the FO overcompensate their lack of football IQ by following a blueprint that runs counter to what the other teams do.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Don't know what I was thinking..
Jerry is the best GM in the NFL!
Look at his record the last 28 years , that proves it !
:thumbup:
how about come down to earth and find middle ground because you picked the wrong franchise to use to say they were better. Cowboys over saints since 89, before, and since . No debate not even close.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
how about come down to earth and find middle ground because you picked the wrong franchise to use to say they were better. Cowboys over saints since 89, before, and since . No debate not even close.
Blue, I never said the Saints were better, only that their GM was better.
I really don't want to argue with you.
We are on the same team, just apparently have different opinions on Jerry,
and that's ok....

blueblood70

Reaction score
Blue, I never said the Saints were better, only that their GM was better.
I really don't want to argue with you.
We are on the same team, just apparently have different opinions on Jerry,
and that's ok....
i showed facts hes in fact NOT.

JayFord

Reaction score
I mean the Saints have to be the favorite to win the Division....

but something tells me the Panthers will win it, that division is WIDE OPEN even with Carr at QB for the saints..

Carson

Reaction score
That wasn't the question but thanks for playing.
The question when have they been relevant.

Does not winning your division make you relevant???

2017 - won a playoff game and was miracle play from the NFC Championship

2018 - Won 13 games and were a bad non PI call from the Super Bowl

2019 - Won another 13 games

2020 - Won 12 games and another playoff game

… they only seem non relevant to prove your point. When in fact they were consistently a top 5 team every one of those years

DFWJC

Reaction score
Just signed 4 for $150 million.
37.5 per year.
Thanks
I knew that, but was just wondering if Jets had the better weapons (and younger overall team)
Then again, maybe their offer wasn't as good.

75boyz

Reaction score
The question when have they been relevant.

Does not winning your division make you relevant???

2017 - won a playoff game and was miracle play from the NFC Championship

2018 - Won 13 games and were a bad non PI call from the Super Bowl

2019 - Won another 13 games

2020 - Won 12 games and another playoff game

… they only seem non relevant to prove your point. When in fact they were consistently a top 5 team every one of those years
Yep, all true.
Just consider the source here though bro.

He's become another Cowboyszone punchline along with 3 or 4 others of his like.
I'd strongly recommend a permanent ig or a scroll past concerning his BS.

Works for me til I hafta educate him and he responds with his 12 year old juvenile school girl "you're an eagles fan" horse s_ _ t.

Not worth your time, lol

75boyz

Reaction score
Yep, all true.
Just consider the source here though bro.

He's become another Cowboyszone punchline along with 3 or 4 others of his like.
I'd strongly recommend a permanent ig or a scroll past concerning his BS.

Works for me til I hafta educate him and he responds with his 12 year old juvenile school girl "you're an eagles fan" horse s_ _ t.

Not worth your time, lol
My mistake,
I confused big dog cowboy with clueless blood.
Sincere apologies to big dog cowboy.
Not directed at you.

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
Carr is donating 1 million dollars to local schools in the New Orleans area, maybe trying to find some good karma lol

Flamma

Reaction score
I thought Vegas had just got thru paying him a couple of years ago with guarantees and no trade and all that...?
Wow, I guess I'll chalk this one up to just another example of Cowboys inability to get out of a contract where other teams seem to "find a way."

Just more evidence that QB contracts can be moved on from regardless of guarantees and trade clauses.
Cowboys staying status quo because of their comfort level with Dak's mediocrity and the bottom line profits.

The more that things change the more they stay the same.
A no trade clause don't stop a team from releasing you. The contract Carr got from the Raiders wasn't that great and had an easy out in a few years. No QB coming off his rookie contract would have accepted the contract Carr was given.