Derek Carr to New Orleans Close To Being Done?

75boyz

Reaction score
A no trade clause don't stop a team from releasing you. The contract Carr got from the Raiders wasn't that great and had an easy out in a few years. No QB coming off his rookie contract would have accepted the contract Carr was given.
My point was meant as a general statement on QBs and their contracts like Goff, Wentz and now Carr and the "perception" that the contract they had had with former team had rendered their services as inescapable based on said contract.

To this I shake my head and know that although there may have been lots of different moving parts involved in all these cases, I would just like to someday soon read a glimmer of hope towards moving on from the current Dallas QB contract holder.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
It's a good move for New Orleans, Giants should have been in on him too instead of paying Danny Pennies

kskboys

Reaction score
A no trade clause don't stop a team from releasing you. The contract Carr got from the Raiders wasn't that great and had an easy out in a few years. No QB coming off his rookie contract would have accepted the contract Carr was given.
No hotdog self serving ego driven QB lacking self awareness and any desire to win you mean.

kskboys

Reaction score
I mean the Saints have to be the favorite to win the Division....

but something tells me the Panthers will win it, that division is WIDE OPEN even with Carr at QB for the saints..
Why? Who are you presuming the Panthers will have at QB? Only way Panthers win it is to get a decent QB.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
NO could have won that division last year if they had consistent QB play. Carr can bring that. Not sure if he will be the guy to take them to a SB. But surround him with a team, he will help win you some games.
Sounds like what we have here with Dak, JC.

Flamma

Reaction score
My point was meant as a general statement on QBs and their contracts like Goff, Wentz and now Carr and the "perception" that the contract they had had with former team had rendered their services as inescapable based on said contract.

To this I shake my head and know that although there may have been lots of different moving parts involved in all these cases, I would just like to someday soon read a glimmer of hope towards moving on from the current Dallas QB contract holder.
They all are somewhat inescapable. Remember, that was Carr's 3rd contract. It was made a lot more team friendly. Wentz and Goff's were not. My guess is Dak's 3rd will not. But we can hope.

T-RO

Reaction score
Always amazing that the Saints start the year -75 million in cap. Make moves, sign big time players.

Yet, we get Anthony Barr.

They have lost players right and left because of their excess spending over the cap. Their coach lost hope and left. Now they got a middle-level, middle-budget QB to maybe get to 8-9?

You want us to be the Saints?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Carr is donating 1 million dollars to local schools in the New Orleans area, maybe trying to find some good karma lol
Not a bad move
That's Carr anyway. He's been a huge philanthropy guy his whole career.

Jason 82 Witten

Reaction score
I think I saw something on ESPN or FS 1 asking does Deriek Carr make the Saints the scariest team in the NFC

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think I saw something on ESPN or FS 1 asking does Deriek Carr make the Saints the scariest team in the NFC
do you Believe everything you read? you think the raiders just cut Mahomes? dude has losing record in the league, is not even as good as dak, its close but sorry Daks number and success all above Carr., his legend is laughable. OMG now the Saints are unbeatable LOL the missing link? i guess you think this is brady leaving for Tampa and making them contender. Joke right?

new name

Derrick "missing link" Carr.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
do you Believe everything you read? you think the raiders just cut Mahomes? dude has losing record in the league, is not even as good as dak, its close but sorry Daks number and success all above Carr., his legend is laughable. OMG now the Saints are unbeatable LOL the missing link? i guess you think this is brady leaving for Tampa and making them contender. Joke right?

new name

Derrick "missing link" Carr.
Those denouncing Carr as a means to elevate Dak should at the very least point out that during Carr's starting time with the Raiders, the best defense he ever had was ranked 19th....and the defense during his starting tenure gave up an average of 26 points/game.....so while some blamed the Dallas defense for failing Dak many seasons, try being Carr where the defense was bad EVERY season.

kskboys

Reaction score
Those denouncing Carr as a means to elevate Dak should at the very least point out that during Carr's starting time with the Raiders, the best defense he ever had was ranked 19th....and the defense during his starting tenure gave up an average of 26 points/game.....so while some blamed the Dallas defense for failing Dak many seasons, try being Carr where the defense was bad EVERY season.
Carr has been w/ a clusterfugge of an org. I mean, how do people not know this?

He's a top 10ish QB, prolly somewhere between 7-12.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Assuming they don't have major loses or injuries, I can see them winning 11-12 games and the division
Their roster isn't too bad. The D was highly rated and if they get WRs Olave and Thomas both healthy, they could cause some damage.

Not so sure about their overall coaching (HC and OC)

quickccc

Reaction score
Carr will have a defense and wr Chris olave,..
but what is status of wrs Mike Thomas, Jarvis Landry..and major legal issues with rb kamara?

quickccc

Reaction score
Carr will have a defense and wr Chris olave,..
but what is status of wrs Mike Thomas, Jarvis Landry..and major legal issues with rb kamara?