Derrick Henry in free agency?

Carter

Reaction score
He stated that he wants to go to a team that gives him the best shot at winning a SB.

Likely not considering the Cowboys whos last visit to even a NFCG is only topped by the Commanders

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
I would consider bringing TP back at the right number.
I think he, and other backs, are in for a reality check this season as it relates to $.
Pollard at a cap hit of 4 or so would work for me.
And I'd still draft a RB and I love Allen from Wisconson, he's like Henry out of college.
I LOVE what the Lions have in Monte and Gibbs.
Power back and a scat type who is explosive.
Pollard needs to be used differently, he's not a 20 carry between the tackles back, but hi is a playmaker if you use him rght.

Agree, he needed to be used just like when Zeke was here but many wanted him gone, so Pollard could be the bell cow. The guy even in college was not the bell cow.

exciter

Reaction score
Great.

We only need him for a year or so, as long as the money is right.
Lol, I’m sure his “money is right” is much different than yours. Going on the belief that his agent didn’t become an agent from being a moron, I’m guessing he’s looking for something fairly more significant that a one year deal.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Great.

We only need him for a year or so, as long as the money is right.

This. Listen, don’t get him and that’s fine. But on a 1 year deal with the ability to move on in year 2 for cheap- sure

DaveRowe

Reaction score
Draft this guy. He's big and powerful.
Braelon Allen

Braelon-Allen-Rush-Credit-Jeff-Hanisch-USA-TODAY-Sports.jpg
Great minds think alike. When I began this thread, I was trying to think of his name.

WhizKid

Reaction score
Usually when players show signs of aging, it shows up in their production. There’s just no evidence of that with Henry. Could he decline over the next few years? Sure, but to suggest he did that last year just isn’t true.
We can agree to disagree.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Henry still has some gas in the tank. The Titans offense was a dumpster fire this year, with a poor OL, no receivers, a QB carousel, and a rookie RB vulturing carries. And Henry still got 1,100 yards. If you're a PFF guy, his PFF grade was elite too... just below McCaffrey's.

He needs to be in a timeshare at this point, but if you need a complementary power back, he's still a King.

CWR

Reaction score
No, the time for him was this season.

I'm not paying him now. Just go get a rookie or two. The main thing is do some actual RUN BLOCKING.

J_Allen

Reaction score
He wants to win a Super Bowl. This is the last place he wants to sign to do that, besides Washington.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
We can agree to disagree.
That's totally fine. I just don’t see it as a 2004 Eddie George situation in Dallas. George was completely washed and they had Julius Jones still recovering from injury. Henry has had fantastic durability throughout his career as he's only missed 10 games over a 8 year career, and 8 of those came in one season. The key is that he's still productive and would provide some TOUGHNESS in the running game. Dallas is too finesse, soft, and lacks the creativity in the running game. Henry would solve a lot of those problems.

Big_D

Reaction score
Id sign him on a 2 year deal, draft a guy, cut Dowdle.
I'd still keep Dowdle in that scenario but definitely agree with the first 2. Go get Henry and they can still draft a RB. Instant upgrade at the position.