Derrick Henry: Joining the Cowboys would have been perfect situation

Jayinem

Reaction score
Looks like he wanted to come here.

Derrick Henry is one of the newest members of the Baltimore Ravens, but the running back had his sights set on signing with another team in free agency.

Henry, who resides in Dallas, admitted that it could have been an ideal situation for him to sign with the Cowboys.

The Cowboys never showed interest, leading the running back to remain in the AFC with the Ravens.

"I knew once free agency started that I wanted to work something out [with the Ravens] if we could," Henry said recently on The Pivot podcast.

"Even though I'm living in Dallas and Dallas being a perfect situation, as well, because we lived there, we ain't got to move. But at the same time, Ravens, the history of it, and then talking to Ray (Lewis) at the Pro Bowl, his passion about the organization, his impact there and how he talked about it. I was like, man, if I'm not in Tennessee or I don't get to go to Dallas, I'd love to be a Raven."

https://football.realgm.com/wiretap...ing-Cowboys-Would-Have-Been-Perfect-Situation

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RI8HAVz.jpg

jsb357

Reaction score
He was above average back for 3 out of 8 years.

For that kind of return, two young ones are cheaper.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I think Jerry is trying to just tank for the next two years. He knows the unhappiness about this past playoff and perhaps about Dak. he expects jersey sales to drop, so tank next two seasons. get top 5 pick. pick a QB and then being a Cowboys QB, Jersey sales boom. just follow the money and you know Jerry's plan

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Derrick,

We, the fans, think you would have been perfect too!

We did not even call him. Unreal.

Beast power back.Take pressure off QB and help the offense in the playoffs!
this would make too much sense!!!!

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Yeah I was shocked at first, but now thinking he is 30 and for a RB that is the backside of your career. I am ok with it.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Looks like he wanted to come here.

Derrick Henry is one of the newest members of the Baltimore Ravens, but the running back had his sights set on signing with another team in free agency.

Henry, who resides in Dallas, admitted that it could have been an ideal situation for him to sign with the Cowboys.

The Cowboys never showed interest, leading the running back to remain in the AFC with the Ravens.

"I knew once free agency started that I wanted to work something out [with the Ravens] if we could," Henry said recently on The Pivot podcast.

"Even though I'm living in Dallas and Dallas being a perfect situation, as well, because we lived there, we ain't got to move. But at the same time, Ravens, the history of it, and then talking to Ray (Lewis) at the Pro Bowl, his passion about the organization, his impact there and how he talked about it. I was like, man, if I'm not in Tennessee or I don't get to go to Dallas, I'd love to be a Raven."

https://football.realgm.com/wiretap...ing-Cowboys-Would-Have-Been-Perfect-Situation
Jerry was waiting for you to call him Derrick.

jgboys1

Reaction score
The only sane reason I could see bringing Dak back is if we signed Derrick Henry.

He could have help Dak with the offense. Would we have won a Super bowl with him? I seriously doubt it, but Henry definitely would have helped Dak and the offense.

Now that ship has sailed, extending Dak after next season would just be foolish.