Derrick Henry: Joining the Cowboys would have been perfect situation

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Mostly what I saw with Pollard was hand the ball to him and expect him to run up the middle, which Henry could do just fine. I don't get why you act like we have this elaborate running scheme that Henry couldn't perform in, we do not.
I think the Cowboys want a versatile back. When Henry is out there everyone knows what he is going to do. It will work in Baltimore because of Lamar but we have pocket passer.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Mostly what I saw with Pollard was hand the ball to him and expect him to run up the middle, which Henry could do just fine. I don't get why you act like we have this elaborate running scheme that Henry couldn't perform in, we do not.
Agree completely. The lack of willingness to run outside the tackles blows me away, and honestly I think had more of an impact on Pollard than the injury did. We certainly didn't play to the guys strengths last year. Henry would be a much better system fit unless they are looking to completely overhaul the run game for 2024.

rambo2

Reaction score
Looks like he wanted to come here.

Derrick Henry is one of the newest members of the Baltimore Ravens, but the running back had his sights set on signing with another team in free agency.

Henry, who resides in Dallas, admitted that it could have been an ideal situation for him to sign with the Cowboys.

The Cowboys never showed interest, leading the running back to remain in the AFC with the Ravens.

"I knew once free agency started that I wanted to work something out [with the Ravens] if we could," Henry said recently on The Pivot podcast.

"Even though I'm living in Dallas and Dallas being a perfect situation, as well, because we lived there, we ain't got to move. But at the same time, Ravens, the history of it, and then talking to Ray (Lewis) at the Pro Bowl, his passion about the organization, his impact there and how he talked about it. I was like, man, if I'm not in Tennessee or I don't get to go to Dallas, I'd love to be a Raven."

https://football.realgm.com/wiretap...ing-Cowboys-Would-Have-Been-Perfect-Situation
I thought that it made sense and they would do it. They think it would be better to go with a rookie and go from there.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I thought that it made sense and they would do it. They think it would be better to go with a rookie and go from there.
And of course their thinking is beyond reproach right?

Remember when you said they were going to make some big signings in FA? LOL.

rambo2

Reaction score
And of course their thinking is beyond reproach right?

Remember when you said they were going to make some big signings in FA? LOL.
Getting a linebacker was a big need and they got one. I did think they would get Henry as I already mentioned.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Signing him last season would have made sense......
I remember some speculation Titans might trade him to us at the TDL, I really don't understand why the kept him.

In hindsight we should have traded Pollard for him. He ended up there anyway.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
This is why you at least make the phone call. Sure, he likely says our offer is too low, but you ask, you make him say no to working where he lives, in a no state income state, etc.

exciter

Reaction score
Looks like he wanted to come here.

Derrick Henry is one of the newest members of the Baltimore Ravens, but the running back had his sights set on signing with another team in free agency.

Henry, who resides in Dallas, admitted that it could have been an ideal situation for him to sign with the Cowboys.

The Cowboys never showed interest, leading the running back to remain in the AFC with the Ravens.

"I knew once free agency started that I wanted to work something out [with the Ravens] if we could," Henry said recently on The Pivot podcast.

"Even though I'm living in Dallas and Dallas being a perfect situation, as well, because we lived there, we ain't got to move. But at the same time, Ravens, the history of it, and then talking to Ray (Lewis) at the Pro Bowl, his passion about the organization, his impact there and how he talked about it. I was like, man, if I'm not in Tennessee or I don't get to go to Dallas, I'd love to be a Raven."

https://football.realgm.com/wiretap...ing-Cowboys-Would-Have-Been-Perfect-Situation
Lol,
For him sure!!!
For this team it would have been bordering on pure stupidity. 8m a year, 9m up front for a 30 yo, rapidly declining RB who barely eclipsed 1100 yards and a 4.1 average and then only because Jacksonville had a complete end of the year collapse. It’s the epitome of signing someone solely based on “I’ve heered his name before”. It’s the equivalent of signing Eddie George again… luckily this front office learned from its past mistakes. Like Eddie, Henry is done. He’s a lingering faded memory. Draft a RB, preferably 2 and be done with it. Try to deal with the lack of interest in Henry one one of their best off season moves!

rambo2

Reaction score
Lol,
For him sure!!!
For this team it would have been bordering on pure stupidity. 8m a year, 9m up front for a 30 yo, rapidly declining RB who barely eclipsed 1100 yards and a 4.1 average and then only because Jacksonville had a complete end of the year collapse. It’s the epitome of signing someone solely based on “I’ve heered his name before”. It’s the equivalent of signing Eddie George again… luckily this front office learned from its past mistakes. Like Eddie, Henry is done. He’s a lingering faded memory. Draft a RB, preferably 2 and be done with it. Try to deal with the lack of interest in Henry one one of their best off season moves!
Drafting Benson would probably be better than Henry and a lot cheaper and fills a long term need.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Lol,
For him sure!!!
Those stats along with 12 TDs are not terrible especially when he had no QB no O-Line no WRs. There was only one name the defenses were even aware of and it was Henry. He will do good in Baltimore.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, we could have been 9-8 instead of 7-10 l o l
Good non-move cowboys

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Honestly the name was enticing but I think Henry basically would have been 2020/21 Zeke and we can live without that.

exciter

Reaction score
Those stats along with 12 TDs are not terrible especially when he had no QB no O-Line no WRs. There was only one name the defenses were even aware of and it was Henry. He will do good in Baltimore.
And yet his team chose to pay our RB who according to this fan base had no QB or OL for just 1m no less!
Management in Tennessee came to the difficult decision he’s done. You should do the same!
He’s done!

Jayinem

Reaction score
And yet his team chose to pay our RB who according to this fan base had no QB or OL for just 1m no less!
Management in Tennessee came to the difficult decision he’s done. You should do the same!
He’s done!
Who's a better organization Baltimore or Tennessee? The organization who has nothing and got rid of a good coach for no good reason? LOL no. Baltimore is a better organization by far and they picked up Henry. How many times do you go "Baltimore made a dumb signing again" uhh practically never. I think I'll trust their judgment over yours.

You act like he got Zeke's contract 15 mil a year for 5 years, it's only 9 million guaranteed. He'll be good for 2 years then that's probably it. He hasn't fallen off a cliff yet.

exciter

Reaction score
Who's a better organization Baltimore or Tennessee? The organization who has nothing and got rid of a good coach for no good reason? LOL no. Baltimore is a better organization by far and they picked up Henry. How many times do you go "Baltimore made a dumb signing again" uhh practically never. I think I'll trust their judgment over yours.

You act like he got Zeke's contract 15 mil a year for 5 years, it's only 9 million guaranteed. He'll be good for 2 years then that's probably it. He hasn't fallen off a cliff yet.
Yes, yes he has, he’s done! Your which is the better organization argument shows deep down even you realize it. 31 teams, including the one he was on didn’t sniff at him. Baltimore just looks desperate after being bumped from the playoffs prematurely in their minds. They chose to take a path that has repeatedly failed and will invariably fail again!
Hes done!