Derrick Henry: Joining the Cowboys would have been perfect situation

Quickdraw

Reaction score
Henry is 30. He doesn't have many years left. Why pay for a 30 year old?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Then why do they keep hinting that they want to keep Dak? I don't think they even have a clear plan. Most likely they don't want to pay Dak 60 and that's what he wants so here we are.
they keep saying that to keep the jersey sales going. one last time.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Jerry has no real desire to win. If he did, the he would have contacted Henry. He just wants the cowboys to wallow in mediocrity. He’s probably still paying Zeke off as well…so there’s that.

This is the season where the cowboys double down on “we like our guys”. This may be my last season. I’m about done.
he just wants to maximize profits. no other motivation.

shabazz

Reaction score
I think Jerry is done with Dak and he is going to scuttle this so that he can reset after this season.
Somebody with football gravitas had to have sat down with these two boneheads and told them like it is. The shocking part is that they actually listened to sound advice. It had to be the shock and embarrassment from the Packers game that turned the trick.

I still believe there's a chance Belichick gets hired next season and is the man pulling the strings behind the curtain.

Just speculation based on recent moves coupled with Jerry's admiration and hero worship of Belichick

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
So winning in 2024 isn't a priority........got it (lol)
Cleaning house and starting completely over would be the best way moving forward....otherwise we just keep repeating the 9-7 to 12-5 seasons, quick playoff exit, ***** and complain. But I am not sure Jerry is willing to go in the tank at his age.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Derrick,

We, the fans, think you would have been perfect too!

We did not even call him. Unreal.

Beast power back.Take pressure off QB and help the offense in the playoffs!
agreed, its odd. im not a huge fan of signing older players because they're usually a stop gap 1-3 year "solution". while not a fan of that, it would fit what we need for the next few years, if we're serious about dak being the man.

so, are we?

now if we're seriously looking at trading him, then no. we don't sign this type of a player but we start looking to the draft and getting young. *if* dak is traded, regardless of my own opinion of him, you should get bank for doing so.

so maybe we didn't look because we're going in an entirely different direction that just hasn't played out yet.

at least, i'll keep telling myself that.

odds are we're just being stupid.

again.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Somebody with football gravitas had to have sat down with these two boneheads and told them like it is. The shocking part is that they actually listened to sound advice. It had to be the shock and embarrassment from the Packers game that turned the trick.

I still believe there's a chance Belichick gets hired next season and is the man pulling the strings behind the curtain.

Just speculation based on recent moves coupled with Jerry's admiration and hero worship of Belichick
It was Jimmy.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Bogus story. If he really felt that strongly about playing for the cowboys he would have told Stevie I will pay you to play for you guys

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
This is why salary cap boy should have offered two snickers bars instead of just one

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Yeah I was shocked at first, but now thinking he is 30 and for a RB that is the backside of your career. I am ok with it.
Yeah me too. I'm glad they didn't go after him. Draft an RB high and we're good. We must relieve Dak of the lone duty to keep this offense going. One dimensional offenses will always fail in the end.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Yeah I was shocked at first, but now thinking he is 30 and for a RB that is the backside of your career. I am ok with it.
If we don’t get Benson, Allen or Brooks in the draft we’re screwed at RB.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score

Jimmy might have been that guy.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Derrick,

We, the fans, think you would have been perfect too!

We did not even call him. Unreal.

Beast power back.Take pressure off QB and help the offense in the playoffs!
Yeah....the fact we didn't reach out was just insane. He's still got some tread left...

Hardline

Reaction score
At no point did I even remotely think Derrick Henry was coming here. Losing out on him didn't phase me one bit.