Derrick Henry vs Ezekiel Elliott

robertfchew

Reaction score
He's actually humble and works out like a mad man in Dallas in the offseason. Can you believe that...we don't even have the hardest working running back in Dallas. That would be Derrick Henry. When Septum Ring is getting lit in Uptown every night, Derrick Henry is in South Dallas working on his craft.

it goes back to who wants to win and be great. Zeke quits on bad teams he's a Barry sanders type Henry is carrying a good team he's more emmitt like. Has nothing to do with running style but mentality

robertfchew

Reaction score
It’s only going to get worse now that you have that albatross of a contract that was doled out to Zeke. It’s a valid critique too, you spent a #5 pick o a RB when there were options to make your defense better by going with a stud like Ramsay at corner. Plus you could have gotten Henry with the second round pick, a cheaper option but certainly one that sees no massive drop off in production.

Ramsey is a pos he wouldn't have worked out here either. Buckner or Rankins might be the only other players who would have actually worked out.

robertfchew

Reaction score
Honestly it isn’t about Henry vs zeke although I like Henry much better

it’s about about Ramsey and Henry vs Zeke and Jaylon because if the cowboys had done it right that was what was needed but what’s new we also could have had JJ Watt. If only things were different

if my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle

Tyron was elite for years so was watt and neither won anything so thats moot.

robertfchew

Reaction score
Anyone who knows me around here knows that couldnt be further from the truth. Ive been grilling Jerry here likely since before you joined. I'm not, however, the kind of fan who comes online to vent frustration and whine. I try to find the good. I criticize here and there, but I tend to lean towards the positive.

Do your thing though, just know it doesn't make you any more "right". The Cowboys drafts have been broken down on this forum quite a bit over the years and for the most part, they've been a middle of the pack or better drafting team. The more negative people just choose to ignore the good.

So, do you Cpt Doom and Gloom. I'll sit here and be happy with the potential I see in Lamb, Diggs, Gallimore, and Biadasz.

Do you just ignore the bad drafting then? Gregory is a wasted pick overall, taco was a complete waste, chido is a complete waste, 54 is a complete waste and a contract extentsion, Connor wlliams is a waste. this team is reaaaally bad at drafting.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
Do you just ignore the bad drafting then? Gregory is a wasted pick overall, taco was a complete waste, chido is a complete waste, 54 is a complete waste and a contract extentsion, Connor wlliams is a waste. this team is reaaaally bad at drafting.
About on par with the rest of the league

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There is no straight up trade here which tells you all you need to know. Zeke for Henry .. Tennessee would laugh at that. You can’t even take that trade scenario seriously at this point.

I surely wouldn't expect Tennessee to go for that trade. I made my comment only in terms of saying which RB I prefer.

That's it! I had no intention, in the least, to seriously suggest a trade. My only concern was the value of the two backs.

Last edited:

Kwyn

Reaction score
To pour salt in the wound, Henry works out in Dallas in the offseason...SandersFit Center just south of downtown.

How does this “pour salt in the wound”? The only salt in this thread is found in your tears

Why does it matter where he trains? If he ate at a Whataburger in Duncanville would that also “pour salt in the wound”?

Ease up on the irrelevant drama. It feels like you’re trolling the board

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I guess I’m the exception, along with @QuincyCarterEra and @Aviano90.

But yeah, a lot of people think that if our O line isn’t 2016 then it sucks.

Yeah, Cowboys aren't even in the bottom 5 in yards per carry before contact

Yet Zeke's ypc is among the worst in the league. He now has the title of one of the least efficient receivers AND least efficient runners in the NFL.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
There is no "suggestion" there. That's a physical number from a respected stats website. I suspect way more people recognize Football Outsiders than Unstoppable, which appears to be a fantasy football blog.

And the point isn't to make the OL out to be great at this point. The reality is the OL isn't as awful as you claim, at least run blocking wise. It's certainly not great by any stretch either. But if Elliott is as elite as you guys want to claim, he should be more effective than he is now.

You guys are simply struggling with the reality that we are paying a decent to good TB now, who isn't a game changer, big play TB, elite money and that at the end of the day, that hurts the franchise.
The truth,, but I will keep pounding the rock...
You never draft a RB in the first round, much less in the top 5,, unless you have every hole filled on your roster.. tell me a team that can do that?
Only Jerry thought we were that team, I got all my Xs and Os crossed,, lets burn a premium top pick 4 overall on a RB and then overpay a second contract to justify the mistake...lol
You cant make this stuff up... unless its a totally drunk of his *** owner making the decisions keep driving this franchise into the ground.

blumayne38

Reaction score
When Henry has a down year again because he has had. People will come back to this and laugh.

blumayne38

Reaction score
The truth,, but I will keep pounding the rock...
You never draft a RB in the first round, much less in the top 5,, unless you have every hole filled on your roster.. tell me a team that can do that?
Only Jerry thought we were that team, I got all my Xs and Os crossed,, lets burn a premium top pick 4 overall on a RB and then overpay a second contract to justify the mistake...lol
You cant make this stuff up... unless its a totally drunk of his *** owner making the decisions keep driving this franchise into the ground.
Saquon??

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
How are the Titans 5th and 6th string tackles looking this year.
They did draft Wilson with top pick, but man he has been nothing but trouble, just got a DUI to boot,, but the point you make is valid.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
overpay a second contract to justify the mistake...lol

Justify what mistake? The man won 2 rushing titles in 3 years, and was on pace to likely win another one, but for the 6 game suspension. Why would anybody think he couldn't continue to be as successful based on his past performance, age and lack of injury history.?

There was no justification involved. The Cowboys took his record and other info, and made a judgment call that it'd continue. Did it pan out? Well the contract's not done, far from it, after it does end, then you can make that judgment....

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Justify what mistake? The man won 2 rushing titles in 3 years, and was on pace to likely win another one, but for the 6 game suspension. Why would anybody think he couldn't continue to be as successful based on his past performance, age and lack of injury history.?

There was no justification involved. The Cowboys took his record and other info, and made a judgment call that it'd continue. Did it pan out? Well the contract's not done, far from it, after it does end, then you can make that judgment....
Only someone with a rational mind that understands that RBs are a dime a dozen, and there are plenty of other holes on a team, especially this team that needs more impact with the four pick than a RB... spilt milk,, lets get over it..

blumayne38

Reaction score

How quickly we forget...smh. That alone craps on anything Henry has done.

blumayne38

Reaction score
All players ar
Only someone with a rational mind that understands that RBs are a dime a dozen, and there are plenty of other holes on a team, especially this team that needs more impact with the four pick than a RB... spilt milk,, lets get over it..
All players are dime a dozen except QB

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I don't even care about fat Zeke and he makes me sad. I can only imagine how depressing he must be for anyone who actually cares about him. What a disappointment.