Derrick Henry vs Ezekiel Elliott

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You're the one that said he's "volume guy" even though they went down.
Pollard had a couple nice runs, but he's not getting the carries and isn't as good in the middle would be my guess. Wonder why he isn't starting and lighting the World on fire!

....he still had over 300 carries lol that's volume. He gets his yards with a lot of carries, that was my point. Nobody thinks Pollard is starting material, but he is cutting into Zeke's carries for good reason.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
....he still had over 300 carries lol that's volume. He gets his yards with a lot of carries, that was my point. Nobody thinks Pollard is starting material, but he is cutting into Zeke's carries for good reason.
If he produces, so be it, but neither are blowing it up getting touches. I think 4 carries for him and 10 for Zeke is just awful. I think they compliment each other. I feel he could do well if Elliott were to miss a game or if he's playing injured.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
I personally don’t think Moore is good with the run game scheme.

shabazz

Reaction score
There's a direct connection to the team around them.

True, but I don’t recall Derrick Henry taking himself out of plays with the increasing frequency that Ezekiel has

......matter of fact I don’t remember seeing Henry take himself in any situation

Zeke wants to establish the same lame load management that the bums in the NBA are doing.......and we can all see how their ratings are tanking

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Results speak for themselves.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is like Jerry Jones after a bottle or two.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Lets be honest. This is why you can't be a owner/marketer/gm of a team. Jerry Jones was thinking ticket sales when he drafted and resigned Zeke. Zeke sells tickets. You don't draft RB's in the top 10 yet alone the top 5. Then we resigned him which was a double whammy. He held out on his rookie deal. And we rewarded him with a very rich contract and his ROI has been terrible for us.

Big_D

Reaction score
I guess ya'll didn't see zeke working out in the offseason?

LOL

Lets be honest. This is why you can't be a owner/marketer/gm of a team. Jerry Jones was thinking ticket sales when he drafted and resigned Zeke. Zeke sells tickets. You don't draft RB's in the top 10 yet alone the top 5. Then we resigned him which was a double whammy. He held out on his rookie deal. And we rewarded him with a very rich contract and his ROI has been terrible for us.

Jerry sells jerseys. That's part of his draft strategy.

Last edited:

flyinghorse

Reaction score
I was on my knees praying we would end up with Henry that year.....Instead we end up with Zek ( which was not a bad pick) .....BUT if u watched Henry at Alabama .......Need I Say More.....He is a NIGHTMARE for linebackers...ESPECIALLY IN 4TH QUARTER.....And if your a defensive back & he gets past the linebackers & he’s running that 4.5 40yd speed of 240lbs @ 6’3” ........if u try to tackle this monster from waist up he can hurt you...seriously no joking you got a quick business decision.......save your football career & go for the feet baby......He is so damn intimidating.....He just imposes his will on you ....that’s really demoralizing especially when you hit that 4th quarter......And right now I would trade for him in a heartbeat

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
True, but I don’t recall Derrick Henry taking himself out of plays with the increasing frequency that Ezekiel has

......matter of fact I don’t remember seeing Henry take himself in any situation

Zeke wants to establish the same lame load management that the bums in the NBA are doing.......and we can all see how their ratings are tanking

"increasing frequency?"

How many times has he "taken himself out" this season?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
You're the one that said he's "volume guy" even though they went down.

Pollard had a couple nice runs, but he's not getting the carries and isn't as good in the middle would be my guess. Wonder why he isn't starting and lighting the World on fire!

Gee, it couldn’t be the $90M extension that Zeke just signed, right?

blumayne38

Reaction score
Actually I don't recall many people advocating for taking Zeke that high, in fact many people were asking to trade down and stockpile picks or go with Ramsay. Heck wasn't that the summer where we had the president of the Derek Henry fan club on here?
Did you not see the stadium draft day when we drafted zeke? Dallas was excited. And definitely wanted zeke

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Zeke was never going to play up to the level that salary suggests he should be playing. His fumbling is going to get him cut just as soon as it's financially feasible.

basel90

Reaction score
I was on my knees praying we would end up with Henry that year.....Instead we end up with Zek ( which was not a bad pick) .....BUT if u watched Henry at Alabama .......Need I Say More.....He is a NIGHTMARE for linebackers...ESPECIALLY IN 4TH QUARTER.....And if your a defensive back & he gets past the linebackers & he’s running that 4.5 40yd speed of 240lbs @ 6’3” ........if u try to tackle this monster from waist up he can hurt you...seriously no joking you got a quick business decision.......save your football career & go for the feet baby......He is so damn intimidating.....He just imposes his will on you ....that’s really demoralizing especially when you hit that 4th quarter......And right now I would trade for him in a heartbeat
Indeed accurate assessment . Zeke was the wrong choice over Henry . Zeke had trouble written all over .

flyinghorse

Reaction score
Is anyone else getting as tired as I am of Zek making that “feed me” gesture with his hand every time he makes a first down. If he had a couple running touchdowns every game it might be easier to watch him do that gesture but with the season he’s having & the team is having......IMO I think he needs to that a break.
And no disrespect to Zek because he’s a good quality talented running back that many other teams would kill to have.......but you really can’t compare him to Henry......that’s like comparing a Chevy 1/2 ton pickup to a dump truck

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Is anyone else getting as tired as I am of Zek making that “feed me” gesture with his hand every time he makes a first down. If he had a couple running touchdowns every game it might be easier to watch him do that gesture but with the season he’s having & the team is having......IMO I think he needs to that a break.
And no disrespect to Zek because he’s a good quality talented running back that many other teams would kill to have.......but you really can’t compare him to Henry......that’s like comparing a Chevy 1/2 ton pickup to a dump truck
I never liked the feed me sign, but I didn’t start to hate it until he would use the sign and then immediately ask to come out of the game. If you’re going to ask to be fed, don’t voluntarily walk away from the buffet.

Proof

Reaction score

Same. My only reservation was bama rbs, and wondering how he could do in the passing game.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Who is Zek?