Derrick Henry vs Ezekiel Elliott

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Posting about it over and over, every day, knowing that nothing is going to change and is pretty much the definition of whining, Nancy.
I don't post about it every day. You can move on if you don't like the thread. Posting about anything on a fan forum doesn't change anything about anything you old ****. I can call names too. You aren't a better fan than anyone just because you are okay with the top paid RB in the league being a mediocre POS.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
It’s only going to get worse now that you have that albatross of a contract that was doled out to Zeke. It’s a valid critique too, you spent a #5 pick o a RB when there were options to make your defense better by going with a stud like Ramsay at corner. Plus you could have gotten Henry with the second round pick, a cheaper option but certainly one that sees no massive drop off in production.

People use the Ramsey then Henry argument like it was a given that Henry would still be there in the second round. There was no way to know that when Dallas was picking at 4, so it's not the concrete analysis folks pretend it to be - it just happened to work out that way. No team ended up with both of those guys.

That said, I don't like taking a RB at 4 and I didn't like the big second contract, but Zeke didn't draft himself or pay himself. Our rich Uncle Jerry, and Cousin Stephen, made those calls. Just a couple more examples of the decision-making that has held the Cowboys back for 20+ years.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I don't post about it every day. You can move on if you don't like the thread. Posting about anything on a fan forum doesn't change anything about anything you old ****. I can call names too. You aren't a better fan than anyone just because you are okay with the top paid RB in the league being a mediocre POS.

Have you ever had an argument not propped up by straw? Never said I was a better fan. I also never said I was OK with the contract. In fact, I posted in vehement agreement the first 600 times the contract argument was posted. Last year. It's just become a rallying cry when yall want to ***** about something. As a man, I tend to move on from things rather than throw temper tantrums constantly. But hey, it's nice to know my infant daughter is in good company.

Like her, I'll leave you to cry it out now.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Have you ever had an argument not propped up by straw? Never said I was a better fan. I also never said I was OK with the contract. In fact, I posted in vehement agreement the first 600 times the contract argument was posted. Last year. It's just become a rallying cry when yall want to ***** about something. As a man, I tend to move on from things rather than throw temper tantrums constantly. But hey, it's nice to know my infant daughter is in good company.
Calling other fans out for venting and saying they're whining isn't saying you're better? No one is throwing a tantrum.

Last edited:

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
People use the Ramsey then Henry argument like it was a given that Henry would still be there in the second round. There was no way to know that when Dallas was picking at 4, so it's not the concrete analysis folks pretend it to be - it just happened to work out that way. No team ended up with both of those guys.

That said, I don't like taking a RB at 4 and I didn't like the big second contract, but Zeke didn't draft himself or pay himself. Our rich Uncle Jerry, and Cousin Stephen, made those calls. Just a couple more examples of the decision-making that has held the Cowboys back for 20+ years.

I never said Zeke was to blame for how high he was drafted or that second contract. I do however think that you can look at value that Zeke brings and what sort of gap we are looking at between him and a back who was selected in the second or third round. I can understand if Zeke was a difference maker running and catching the ball but he isn’t. In fact it just further highlights how inept this front office is in evaluating talent.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You spelled "Missing Four OL" wrong.

Its relevant if the argument is their contracts. Zeke earned his contract extension because he had more yards rushing than any back in the NFL his first four years, even being out half a season with the BS suspension.

If the argument is that Henry is better than Zeke, saying he couldn't force his way on the field over the 29 year old DeMarco Murray and his 3.6 YPC in 2017 makes my point.

Unpopular opinion by me.. Even as someone who was anti pay Zeke.. I still think Zeke is better than Henry even though currently Henry is clearly better.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Calling other fans out for venting and saying they're whining is saying you're better? No one is throwing a tantrum.

If your friends/family constantly complained about the exact same thing over and over, every day, all day knowing full well they had absolutely no power to change it, how would you react? You'd probably be fed up with it at a certain point and advise them it's time to move on. Then when that didn't work and they continued to piss and moan about that same thing over and over again, all day, every day, knowing that nothing was gonna change, you'd eventually tell them to just shut the heck up right? But, since this is a faceless forum, some of you use it to just vent and whine endlessly. It's life sucking and fun sucking. It permeates every friggin thread now. Y'all can't even keep it in the rant zone because you get no response there, so what you really want is someone to give your whining attention. So here go. I've given you attention.

You're right, his contract sucks.
You're right and I think we'd all agree we'd rather have Henry right now.
You're right, in hindsight there is an infinite number of things every single one of us would change.

Validation! Eureka! Better?

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Unpopular opinion by me.. Even as someone who was anti pay Zeke.. I still think Zeke is better than Henry even though currently Henry is clearly better.

That's a bold strategy, cotton. Let's see how it works out for him.

aria

Reaction score
You spelled "Missing Four OL" wrong.

Its relevant if the argument is their contracts. Zeke earned his contract extension because he had more yards rushing than any back in the NFL his first four years, even being out half a season with the BS suspension.

If the argument is that Henry is better than Zeke, saying he couldn't force his way on the field over the 29 year old DeMarco Murray and his 3.6 YPC in 2017 makes my point.
Awwwwwwe...that’s cute, another O line excuse. Why did no other top RB get that excuse when zeke had a top 5 O line?

Ever think that TN was smart with their “investment” instead of running him into the ground? I guess that shouldn’t matter though, part of the reason people claimed zeke was worth the extension was due to his consistency and durability, right? He’s consistent alright, consistently sucking. Without a great O line he ks average at best and now he’s been exposed.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What a L this is becoming for us. Against one of the best defenses in the league too...

MTTwy39.png

ywsVe5Y.png

I suggested drafting Dalvin cook with the pick that was used on Taco. I preferred to trade down then draft Cook.

CZ torched me for that opinion.

The Cowboys with Cook on the roster could have traded Zeke before the 2019 season for a 1st round pick and could have used the 15M per on another position.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I suggested drafting Dalvin cook with the pick that was used on Taco. I preferred to trade down then draft Cook.

CZ torched me for that opinion.

The Cowboys with Cook on the roster could have traded Zeke before the 2019 season for a 1st round pick and could have used the 15M per on another position.

And the gripes would change to why did we use that pick on a back who has never played a full season? "

Kaiser

Reaction score

I agree, but IMO you can't judge Zeke on a season where he is playing behind the 5th and 6th OTs on the roster. I also think Zeke is better all around when you look at receiving, blocking, etc but that's debatable of course.

I was agnostic on his contract but fine with it when I saw how backloaded it is. There is still a scenario where Zeke is cut this offseason so his 2022 salary of 16.5 doesn't become guaranteed. Bob Sturm wrote a long article on this and his conclusion was to cut Zeke after this year.

The issue with giving Zeke that contract was whether he was elite or not. I don't think we can know based on this season, the real answer is his production over time going forward.