Despite what many think, future is bright

817Gill

Reaction score
When you look at the landscape of the division and the future of the conference, Cowboys future looks bright:

-NFC East teams outside of Cowboys still look bad.
-NFC South-could have 4 rebuilding teams when Brady/Ryan retire
-NFC North-worse then the NFC East after Rodgers leaves or retires. Fields/Goff don't scare anyone.
-NFC West-Stafford is at the end of his career, Wilson probably departs, Murray/Lance

There is no reason to believe the Cowboys cannot be a playoff team with a high seed for many years to come, barring injuries. Yes, I still believe that Dak is good enough to win a SB in this league, despite all the hate he receives on this board.
Completely agree. Our issues are more schematic than talent. We model our team after San Fran we’ll be fine.

We have to become a run first team and allow Dak to be a play action QB who’s not asked to carry the offensive load. If we go back to the team we were the first 7 weeks (#2 rushing attack in football with 2 RB’s playing at a high level) then we’ll be a strong contender.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This reads as if we can hang on to Dak long enough for all the good QB's to stop playing in the NFC then we have a shot. We need a defense that can get off the field on 3rd downs and a stronger run game before we can compete with the better teams.

Mannix

Reaction score
WRONG....the future will not be bright until Booger and Chuckles are both 6 feet under....anyway, no Dak lead team is gonna reach the Super Bowl...much less beat any of the stud QB's in the AFC.

Steve007

Reaction score
1. It doesn’t take long for this landscape to change

look at the afc. Herbert, burrows, Allen etc. they’ve been in the league for a very short amount of time. The same can and probably will happen in the nfc.

2. I agree w @visionary - this team cannot win with the current coach / qb setup. Qb isn’t going anywhere, so we need new coaches for now.
Jerry Jones has been doing the same thing for the last 25+ years. Why would it change now?

ESisback

Reaction score
What is your plan for signing talent with our cap situation now that Dak's contract is going to start having an effect on it?

This was THE year for us. We're only going to get worse each of the next 3 years unless we hit on amazing draft picks.
If it’s so certain we’re doomed, why bother? If I was sure of it, I’d bury myself in my other interests. Why be unhappy? Life’s too short.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I got a disagree a bright future is what the Buffalo bills have they're on a beach in the sunshine bright.

Our bright future is at the bottom of a well but we have a pen light.

In other words they will be a team that compete for super bowls we will be a team that struggles to make the playoffs but it is what it is and with Jerry in charge there is no changing it

Hadenough

Reaction score
When you look at the landscape of the division and the future of the conference, Cowboys future looks bright:

-NFC North-worse then the NFC East after Rodgers leaves or retires. Fields/Goff don't scare anyone.
-NFC West-Stafford is at the end of his career, Wilson probably departs, Murray/Lance

There is no reason to believe the Cowboys cannot be a playoff team with a high seed for many years to come, barring injuries. Yes, I still believe that Dak is good enough to win a SB in this league, despite all the hate he receives on this board.
Dak can't even beat the Broncos or Raiders. He isn't getting any better. And even if there was a miracle and the run game got this team to a SB who would they face. Josh Allen has arrived even though the Bills lost. Mahomes is too good. Burrow would shred the Cowboys. Give Hebert another year and he will be better.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
There will always be a better-coached team and/or a better QB in the playoffs to send the Cowboys home. They avoided Rodgers/Brady in the playoffs this year and still were down big to the 49ers. They couldn't take care of business against a banged up Cardinals team. Kyler Murray will most likely get way better. 3 years ago, it was Jared Goff sending them home.

This team has been constantly "building" for 5+ years now and continuing to go in circles despite the NFC East being mostly inept outside of Philly's SB year.

TheHerd

Reaction score
And my point wasn’t that Stafford is so much better than Dak, but that him being “not very good” is a silly assessment based entirely on everything that’s wrong with the Lions. Dak had a fantastic year this year IMO, and it’s not too indifferent from what you could expect from Matt
No doubt. Stafford can be very, very good. He's aggressive and has a nice arm. But he can does make some total head scratchers too.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
If it’s so certain we’re doomed, why bother? If I was sure of it, I’d bury myself in my other interests. Why be unhappy? Life’s too short.
Why would you assume anyone is unhappy because they don't think this team is Super Bowl bound? lol

I watch every game, but I still do my normal stuff outside of games. My happiness is not tied to the Cowboys winning or losing.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Cowboys may be able to win the division every few years until someone finds a viable QB that’s better than Dak but our future isn’t bright when it comes to advancing in the playoffs and winning a Super Bowl. The next 26 years may not be any better than the last 26 years.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Dak can't even beat the Broncos or Raiders. He isn't getting any better. And even if there was a miracle and the run game got this team to a SB who would they face. Josh Allen has arrived even though the Bills lost. Mahomes is too good. Burrow would shred the Cowboys. Give Hebert another year and he will be better.
You act like Cowboys would have to get through all those QB's my point is NFC looks weak right now for the future.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
There will always be a better-coached team and/or a better QB in the playoffs to send the Cowboys home. They avoided Rodgers/Brady in the playoffs this year and still were down big to the 49ers. They couldn't take care of business against a banged up Cardinals team. Kyler Murray will most likely get way better. 3 years ago, it was Jared Goff sending them home.

This team has been constantly "building" for 5+ years now and continuing to go in circles despite the NFC East being mostly inept outside of Philly's SB year.

5+ years? Man can we swap memories please.

Edit: Cowboys memories...you just dont know people these days lol

ESisback

Reaction score
Why would you assume anyone is unhappy because they don't think this team is Super Bowl bound? lol

I watch every game, but I still do my normal stuff outside of games. My happiness is not tied to the Cowboys winning or losing.
No biggie, you just seem certain that we won’t ever go any further than what we did this year until there’s a whole new team and coaching staff. That SOUNDS kinda unhappy, so….

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

We had everyone healthy this year, we hit on our DC signing, we hit on our el cheapo free agent safeties, we had a number of key players still on their rookie contracts, and we still plopped a steaming wet one on the carpet come the playoffs.

This year was the year.

Your hope for the future is all about the rest of the entire league getting worse. Seems unlikely, while odds are we'll be a lot worse. We're losing a lot of guys and it's unlikely we'll be so healthy again come the playoffs.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
NFC East always changes season to season. Heard this for the past 26 years from different posters. On different forums. I for one have seen this movie many times. Always start out with Hoh's and Hah's. Always end in blood curling screams. Hope you are right though but doubt it.