Despite what many think, future is bright

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I just hope Dak watched Mahomes and Allan in that epic duel and realized that he needs to do whatever it takes to get the job done including running with the ball if the throw isn't there.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At this point, I would have to say the hope of the future lies on one of two plans:
  1. The Broken Clock Plan- you know- where the time is right 2 times in 24 hrs.
  2. The Blind Squirrel Finds A Nut Plan- 100% luck.
Both are pretty much based on luck.

:lmao:

This clock ain't right even once every 24 years.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
When you look at the landscape of the division and the future of the conference, Cowboys future looks bright:

-NFC East teams outside of Cowboys still look bad.
-NFC South-could have 4 rebuilding teams when Brady/Ryan retire
-NFC North-worse then the NFC East after Rodgers leaves or retires. Fields/Goff don't scare anyone.
-NFC West-Stafford is at the end of his career, Wilson probably departs, Murray/Lance

There is no reason to believe the Cowboys cannot be a playoff team with a high seed for many years to come, barring injuries. Yes, I still believe that Dak is good enough to win a SB in this league, despite all the hate he receives on this board.

In theory you are correct, however since they have an incompetent owner who's ego won't let him get out of the way, they will probably piss that opportunity away. A 26 year track record proves he doesn't make the right choices to win.

shabazz

Reaction score
I just hope Dak watched Mahomes and Allan in that epic duel and realized that he needs to do whatever it takes to get the job done including running with the ball if the throw isn't there.

…..this man is going to be a 7 year veteran….if he’s just realizing this, we’re in worse shape than we thought

baltcowboy

Reaction score
When you look at the landscape of the division and the future of the conference, Cowboys future looks bright:

-NFC North-worse then the NFC East after Rodgers leaves or retires. Fields/Goff don't scare anyone.
-NFC West-Stafford is at the end of his career, Wilson probably departs, Murray/Lance

There is no reason to believe the Cowboys cannot be a playoff team with a high seed for many years to come, barring injuries. Yes, I still believe that Dak is good enough to win a SB in this league, despite all the hate he receives on this board.
Depends on how you look at it. The Joneses will be running the team for foreseeable future. I don’t think any fan is looking forward to that. The Cowboys had Garrett for 10 years as the head coach and decided to hire a guy after a sleepover? They only other interviews was Marvin Lewis for token purposes. Stuff like that terrifies me as a Cowboy fan.

Sydla

Reaction score

LOL.

One, don't assume the Cowboys have the NFCE locked up. Philly has a ton of draft resources and more cap space than us. They can get better pretty quick.

Two, we can't even beat the 49ers with Jimmy G as the QB. So I am not sure why we should assume because Brady and Rodgers might leave that somehow elevates us.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
At this point, I would have to say the hope of the future lies on one of two plans:
  1. The Broken Clock Plan- you know- where the time is right 2 times in 24 hrs.
  2. The Blind Squirrel Finds A Nut Plan- 100% luck.
Both are pretty much based on luck.

This thread could've been created in 2006, 2009, 2014, 2017...

foofighters

Reaction score

YAY!!!!!! We have to start wearing shades with all of the one and done potential we will have in the up coming playoffs!

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Future is “bright” yo stay “relevant “

Future is pitch dark for any realistic hope to win a SB. There is no way that the current coaches with Dak have ANY shot at winning a SB

Again I'm all for the changes..tell me realistically what Coach comes here under this structure and wins. The thing is anything you say has to start with "If Jerry will..." and he wont....

nalam

The realist
Reaction score

And we still don’t have DL or OL , so whats the use …?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
This thread could've been created in 2006, 2009, 2014, 2017...

Right , 25 "We need another______to come here" threads...I get it though, the alternative is literally acknowledging we are screwed until the head clown is no longer the head clown.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
What is your plan for signing talent with our cap situation now that Dak's contract is going to start having an effect on it?

This was THE year for us. We're only going to get worse each of the next 3 years unless we hit on amazing draft picks.
From a personnel standpoint, outside of the OL, they are in good shape and could fix their shortcomings via the draft.
LOL.

One, don't assume the Cowboys have the NFCE locked up. Philly has a ton of draft resources and more cap space than us. They can get better pretty quick.

Two, we can't even beat the 49ers with Jimmy G as the QB. So I am not sure why we should assume because Brady and Rodgers might leave that somehow elevates us.
The Packers couldn't beat the 49ers either, they are a good team. Enough with the Philly talk, their draft record is poor and they are moving ahead with a real suspect QB who cannot throw the football with any success.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I like the direction, but can they take the next step. That is the big question. Philly also has 3 top 18 first round picks this year so they will be improving. But as long as they stick with Hurts they will never be a true contender.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Steroids, the cream and the clear are not legal to use in the NFL. Dak is out of luck.

Loso86

Reaction score
There are winners and losers. We are losers! Doesn’t matter if we’re 12-5 or 5-12. JJ has conditioned many to accept mediocrity as greatness. We are in the same boat as we’ve been in for 25 plus years.
Keep telling yourself that. Its fine I bet you be on a whole different pissed off level of we were 5 and 12.

Loso86

Reaction score
With MM, KM, Quinn, and Dak I give ourselves ZERO chance for winning a SB. That’s pitch dark
Quinn is a problem now with all that he's done for our D in 1 year. Now MM and KM I get but seriously bro don't be that fan where you see NO good and ALL bad. Smh