Video: Destroying the myth that Tony Pollard can't block

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
You claimed they started a hurt zeke so they wouldn't have to start a hurt tony. To protect tony. When zeke is their starter and prize possession.

Then lecture me about not making sense?

Dude...come on.
The played a hurt Zeke...Fact. They didn't play a hurt Pollard...Fact. I'm not making claims here bud.

Why did the Cowboys play their starters at all? They could have rested everyone. But they only held out one major contributor in that game... Pollard.

@CowboyRoy has been saying they only gave Zeke that many carries because they wanted him to get 1,000 for the season. Which could be true. I've been saying the reason they gave Zeke so many carries is because Pollard sat out and they wanted to roll into the playoffs with momentum on their side. So it's been a back and forth between CowboyRoy and myself. My initial post in this thread was intended for him. He has his opinions about the situation and I have mine.

So I'm not claiming they played a hurt Zeke to rest Pollard. They played their starters, but held Pollard out. That's not a claim, that's a fact. But like I said it's been a little tit for tat between CowboyRoy and myself. But the both of us have never attacked one another because we see things different from the other. Then here you come, jumping in on our little back and forth.....WITH YOUR ATTACK ON ME.

So just leave it be dude. CowboyRoy knew what I was trying to say and who I was talking too. Besides how hurt could a player be if he carried the ball 18 times for 87 yards? That's 4.8 a carry.

Last edited:

jay94

Reaction score
Now if we reverse it saying Zeke can catch, but realize he's the worst statistical back in the league, makes you go hmmm...

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Again you are allowing your hate to color your perception. Zeke left that game with a minute left in the 3rd quarter. So not only did it not take him "almost 4 quarters" it didn't even take him 3 quarters. Your rant also ignores the fact that Zeke essentially sat out the entirety of 6 or 7 4th quarters over the course of the season because the Cowboys were blowing teams out. Had he not yielded those carries to his understudies he would have wrapped up the 1000 yard mark probably 2-3 weeks before the season ended. But he, like most of the starters, was going to play in that Philly game regardless because of how out of sync the offense looked for most of the game against AZ. They were trying to find some sort of rhythm and confidence heading into the playoffs. They obviously failed but that was the aim.

edit: P.S. the score when Zeke left the game was 30-20 Cowboys.. just adding another tiny dose of reality.

I actually watched this game on a flight from Dallas back to Cleveland. Why? Cuz it was the day of a big travel day where I flew to Chicago, flew to New Orleans, stayed at a comic con for 4 hours, flew to Dallas, and flew home all in one day. The flight attendants frequently asked me the score.

GINeric

Reaction score
Pollard can get in the way and block pretty decent, but he can't block like Zeke does on a consistent basis.

On the video, a couple of defenders ran through Pollard forcing Dak to run out of the pocket. Where Zeke meets the defender at, 9 times out of 10, thats where the block stops.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
The narrative isn't that Pollard "can't block", it's that Zeke is the better blocker, which is true.

I've never seen someone say that Pollard flat out can't block.

starfan1

Reaction score
The narrative isn't that Pollard "can't block", it's that Zeke is the better blocker, which is true.

I've never seen someone say that Pollard flat out can't block.
No we haven’t but we have heard people say that if pollard plays more snaps that Dak will get killed which in itself suggest that pollard can’t block well enough

at this point that’s the only narrative left for those who throw their support at zeke

I could care less honestly I just want more snaps for #20

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Pollard can get in the way and block pretty decent, but he can't block like Zeke does on a consistent basis.

On the video, a couple of defenders ran through Pollard forcing Dak to run out of the pocket. Where Zeke meets the defender at, 9 times out of 10, thats where the block stops.

He can go out for a dump-off and take it 50+ yards. I’ll take that skill set 24/7 365 days.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I wish we had coaches that could make them both excel. Both are getting burned up like all our players for 25 years.

Instead we let these pieces of crap like roy convince is to hate our own players. Pathetic and sickening. But people buy it...and so roy keeps being a poison to our community.
They try to convince themselves Zeke sucks and that their football opinion is superior because they’ve seen Pollard highlights smh

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No we haven’t but we have heard people say that if pollard plays more snaps that Dak will get killed which in itself suggest that pollard can’t block well enough

at this point that’s the only narrative left for those who throw their support at zeke

I could care less honestly I just want more snaps for #20
With the way our o line has been....rb blocking has been very important....more so than other teams. Theres zero evidence tony can do that kind of heavy hitting all game all season. In fact....he did get hurt in his limited role. He was not even thet starter in college.

Not sure why that is so hard to get. Great majority of people you call zeke sack hangers....know tony is a very good rb and can do some blocking. He has shown that. Some just advise caution about heavy usage.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Last season was the first time Pollard carried the ball over 100 times in a season, including college. He's never been asked to carry the load. Why not? Has every coach he's ever had been wrong? Maybe he's not built for it?

As for blocking, it's not that he can't do it. He just doesn't do it as well as Zeke. Pollard is a great complimentary back. Unfortunately, the Cowboys lead back isn't what he used to be. That's why these conversations take place.

Never understand why so many people here deal in extremes. Has to be either can't block, or can block -- not that he blocks, just not as well as Zeke.

starfan1

Reaction score
With the way our o line has been....rb blocking has been very important....more so than other teams. Theres zero evidence tony can do that kind of heavy hitting all game all season. In fact....he did get hurt in his limited role. He was not even thet starter in college.

Not sure why that is so hard to get. Great majority of people you call zeke sack hangers....know tony is a very good rb and can do some blocking. He has shown that. Some just advise caution about heavy usage.
A zeke sack hanger? Not something I’ve used but I like it. It’s the epitome of your posting history thanks for the tip.

TP needs more touches period . That doesn’t have to be at the expense of your golden child but he has a hard time picking proper hole

coming out of college he was by far the better better back but that gap has narrowed dramatically.

we need better offense and that starts with KM and improved blocking and of course better execution by all players

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A zeke sack hanger? Not something I’ve used but I like it. It’s the epitome of your posting history thanks for the tip.

TP needs more touches period . That doesn’t have to be at the expense of your golden child but he has a hard time picking proper hole

coming out of college he was by far the better better back but that gap has narrowed dramatically.

we need better offense and that starts with KM and improved blocking and of course better execution by all players
Oh make no mistake you have said just about the very same thing dont act so coy and innocent! :rolleyes::cool:.

Im not sure ive read where anyone doesnt agree more feeding for tony. It has to be designed and specific....like ronnie says take advantage of mismatches! Not just when zeke raises his hand. Some people arent sure moore and mm are capable of that.

I wish this sentiment of more tony pollard would unite us....bit here we sit....battle lines drawn and bickering.

starfan1

Reaction score
Oh make no mistake you have said just about the very same thing dont act so coy and innocent! :rolleyes::cool:.

Im not sure ive read where anyone doesnt agree more feeding for tony. It has to be designed and specific....like ronnie says take advantage of mismatches! Not just when zeke raises his hand. Some people arent sure moore and mm are capable of that.

I wish this sentiment of more tony pollard would unite us....bit here we sit....battle lines drawn and bickering.
But I didn’t say that I may use it going forward again thanks

we argue probably because guys like you and Roy overreact to both sides of argument and to a lesser extent Ronnie.

oh no don’t say anything bout my zeke. He ran all over bama in 2014 and the league in 16.

too bad he looks like a shell of his former self. I hope because he’s in the best shape of his life we’ll see a different zeke. :laugh:

Come September I’ll root for him because he wears the star because on Sunday that’s what it’s about but I won’t lose a second of sleep when he’s elsewhere