Detroit has a bye this early? Right before play us

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Just wait 18 is coming but it’s all about safety, 14 was ideal but it’s all about money.
I don't disagree about the hypocrisy from the league. But if the season were shortened again, revenues would go down which means player salaries go down. How many current players would vote for a shorter season \ reduction in pay?

I think we'd see some hypocrisy from the players as well.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why do teams get a bye after 4 games? That’s silly. We’re gonna get blown out with them coming off rest and we’re already banged up. No team should get a bye till play min 6 games.
After that win last night, I bet the Lions wish they didn't have a bye. If anything, this could hurt their momentum and give them time to drink the Kool Aid. Maybe, they'll go to Cancun or Cabo....

Creeper

Reaction score
Dallas won't beat Detroit anyway. Their offensive line is pretty good against our DL it could get ugly. The have speed at WR and an excellent TE. They have speed and power at RB. Their offense against our defense is a mismatch, IMO. On the other side of the ball, they can rush the passer and if Hutchinson lines up against Guyton, and the Cowboys don't give Guyton help, it will be a disaster. He can line up against Steele and get sacks too.

Detroit has a grudge for the way the game ended last year. I have this one as a blowout for Detroit, bye or no bye.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
DET could play games on Thursday, Friday and Saturday before playing Dallas, and you'd say the same thing though.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I’ve never understood why the byes last more than 4 weeks period. Just make it 8,9,10, and 11 with 8 teams being off per week.
I get your thought process but I think it becomes a little more complicated with games on Mon,Thur night games as well as international games.

I don't remember all the details but I worked thru it all one time & you could fit 2 bye weeks for each team.

Brax

Reaction score
I don't disagree about the hypocrisy from the league. But if the season were shortened again, revenues would go down which means player salaries go down. How many current players would vote for a shorter season \ reduction in pay?

I think we'd see some hypocrisy from the players as well.
The players don’t seem to mind 2 or 3 players taking up 100 million or more of the cap so it appears they do whatever the union bosses say.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Why do teams get a bye after 4 games? That’s silly. We’re gonna get blown out with them coming off rest and we’re already banged up. No team should get a bye till play min 6 games.
its going to be another game just like the Saints. they will score on every possession through end of 3rd quarter. it will be 35 -9 by then and game over.

Brax

Reaction score
There are no two or three players taking up $100m against the cap. Not even close.
Dak at 60 CD at 35 add in 15 for ZM but I guess you don’t count dead money rolled into void years. It hurts players financially when a few are getting a majority of the money and that is not what unions are supposed to do they are supposed to protect the majority of players financially but that’s not how it works for the NFLPA.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Dak at 60 CD at 35 add in 15 for ZM but I guess you don’t count dead money rolled into void years. It hurts players financially when a few are getting a majority of the money and that is not what unions are supposed to do they are supposed to protect the majority of players financially but that’s not how it works for the NFLPA.
That's not their cap hit...

Dak: 44.6
CD: 8.75
https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/dallas-cowboys

AAV and cap hit are not the same.

Brax

Reaction score
That's not their cap hit...

Dak: 44.6
CD: 8.75
https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/dallas-cowboys

AAV and cap hit are not the same.
I understand but juggling the cap it still has to be paid hence dead money. The way a GM deals with it is different but my point is paying now or when the players aren’t on the team still greatly affects the lower 40 players. It’s supposed to be about team but it’s now the brotherhood me me with the better players. I’m not saying everyone should be paid the same but one guy making 60 million and other guys making 800 thousand to 1.5 million is wrong. The players are forced into a union who really only cares about the too 5-10 percent of the players. Just my opinion.