Detroit has a bye this early? Right before play us

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I understand but juggling the cap it still has to be paid hence dead money. The way a GM deals with it is different but my point is paying now or when the players aren’t on the team still greatly affects the lower 40 players. It’s supposed to be about team but it’s now the brotherhood me me with the better players. I’m not saying everyone should be paid the same but one guy making 60 million and other guys making 800 thousand to 1.5 million is wrong. The players are forced into a union who really only cares about the too 5-10 percent of the players. Just my opinion.
Ok? I didn't argue that point. There are no 2-3 players costing $100m against the cap.

Rayman70

Reaction score
we are heading into a stretch where it could make or break our year. Make no mistake. We can count on a ton of Naji Harris runs then the Lions will likely run us off the field with Gibbs and Montgomery. We have shown we are soft against the tough physical running teams. Hope I am wrong, but I think we are dropping the next 3 games. We just don't match up.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why do teams get a bye after 4 games? That’s silly. We’re gonna get blown out with them coming off rest and we’re already banged up. No team should get a bye till play min 6 games.
I honestly think it should be a league wide bye week, that way it's fair for everyone!!!!

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Cowboy have 4 players right at 100mill look at other teams it’s not uncommon
Well no, they have 4 at $95m. And you said 2-3.

There are other teams with 4 at over 90m, including Baltimore and KC (top 4 at ~108), and that will fluctuate every basically dependent upon where a QB is in their contract.

Brax

Reaction score
Well no, they have 4 at $95m. And you said 2-3.

There are other teams with 4 at over 90m, including Baltimore and KC (top 4 at ~108), and that will fluctuate every basically dependent upon where a QB is in their contract.
Drop it to 3 add in the dead money and you are still at 100 somehow people think the cap is something to just disappear by dumping money down the road. There’s about 24 million in cap space but you think they are spending much of it this year? Nope rolling into next to pay for upcoming contracts and current cost. As 2025 sits 2 players account for 125 million but it will magically disappear by kicking it down the road and here you will be again not understanding the ramifications of doing that then be complaining about not signing top FAs. Ever wonder why it’s been 29 years of futility just look at that cap management of kicking it down the road and have the majority of players making scraps and a few grabbing the bag.

HungryLion

Reaction score
You’re right. If the cowboys lose, The bye week will be why the cowboys lose to the Lions.

Not because the lions have the better OL, better running backs, better WR, better DL, better linebackers, etc.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Drop it to 3 add in the dead money and you are still at 100 somehow people think the cap is something to just disappear by dumping money down the road. There’s about 24 million in cap space but you think they are spending much of it this year? Nope rolling into next to pay for upcoming contracts and current cost. As 2025 sits 2 players account for 125 million but it will magically disappear by kicking it down the road and here you will be again not understanding the ramifications of doing that then be complaining about not signing top FAs. Ever wonder why it’s been 29 years of futility just look at that cap management of kicking it down the road and have the majority of players making scraps and a few grabbing the bag.
Adding in dead money means you are counting more than 3 players lol. If you are counting dead money then Dallas is no different than most teams and is in better shape than most. The Cowboys rank 25th in total dead money at $22m. The Bills ($64m) and Eagles ($57m), for instance, have a ton of dead money and will have significantly more than Dallas in top-3 cap hits if you are including that.

I guess I have no idea what your point is. Never restructure? Ok. Good luck with that.

Brax

Reaction score
Adding in dead money means you are counting more than 3 players lol.

If you are counting dead money then Dallas is no different than most teams. The Cowboys rank 25th in total dead money at $22m. The Bills ($64m) and Eagles ($57m), for instance, have a ton of dead money.

I guess I have no idea what your point is. Never restructure? Ok. Good luck with that.
No I’m not they don’t play for the team. Ask the Bills fans if that 64 million they are paying for nobody means anything. Glad you’re happy. Phantom players too funny. Just kick it down the road it doesn’t affect the team at all, not a great philosophy in my opinion.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
No I’m not they don’t play for the team. Ask the Bills fans if that 64 million they are paying for nobody means anything. Glad you’re happy. Phantom players too funny. Just kick it down the road it doesn’t affect the team at all, not a great philosophy in my opinion.
What is your point? Obviously, dead money is bad.

All I'm saying is that A) Dallas doesn't have 2 or 3 players account for 100m of the cap and that B) if you are going to include dead cap, then a bunch of other teams are in the exact same boat, or much worse off.

Brax

Reaction score
What is your point? Obviously, dead money is bad.

All I'm saying is that A) Dallas doesn't have 2 or 3 players account for 100m of the cap and that B) if you are going to include dead cap, then a bunch of other teams are in the exact same boat, or much worse off.
A yes I am wrong it’s 4 for the Cowboys
B have to include dead money and yes some teams are much worse isn’t funny how it effects the product on field point being from the beginning is a player making 30 40 50 60 times what other players make effect the roster from season to season, I’m sure you would be thrilled to work next to guy making 50 times what you do and again the point being that’s not what unions are supposed to do

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I get your thought process but I think it becomes a little more complicated with games on Mon,Thur night games as well as international games.

I don't remember all the details but I worked thru it all one time & you could fit 2 bye weeks for each team.
How does it become more complicated?

You’re still gonna have a potential 12 games per week to work with. That’s more than enough.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Why do teams get a bye after 4 games? That’s silly. We’re gonna get blown out with them coming off rest and we’re already banged up. No team should get a bye till play min 6 games.
Good that means they’ll suck. Lol too much time goofing off.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Hmm one has to wonder how much of the bye week will be spent on faking out the Cowboys and refs with eligible/ineligible players on the goal line...