Detroit has a bye this early? Right before play us

RonnieT24

Reaction score
we are heading into a stretch where it could make or break our year. Make no mistake. We can count on a ton of Naji Harris runs then the Lions will likely run us off the field with Gibbs and Montgomery. We have shown we are soft against the tough physical running teams. Hope I am wrong, but I think we are dropping the next 3 games. We just don't match up.
The good news about all these physical teams is that they will force guys to stand up to being bullied or fold up. One guy who showed he might have had enough is Mazi. What he did to the Giants' center could get him arrested in come countries. If that continues, I like our chances.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The good news about all these physical teams is that they will force guys to stand up to being bullied or fold up. One guy who showed he might have had enough is Mazi. What he did to the Giants' center could get him arrested in come countries. If that continues, I like our chances.
Correct on all counts. I can't argue with any of it. Mazi was a beast in that game. Very active. I thought the week before he was actually moving pretty well too but the game got out of hand. Like you said so well, it's going to be us making a stand against the bully or curling up in the fetal position again. It's that simple.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
It's just an insurance policy in case the refs forget to blatantly fix the game for the Lions.... :facepalm:

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Why do teams get a bye after 4 games? That’s silly. We’re gonna get blown out with them coming off rest and we’re already banged up. No team should get a bye till play min 6 games.
LOL. The Lions will be blowing the cowboys out regardless.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Dallas will be coming off rest against SF in week 8, it is what it is. I would like to see all teams take the same week off like week 10 or so. But, that would be unfair to teams that travel out of the country, short weeks, etc.
LOL recently when we came of bye we fared poorly , and that too against SF, who physically outmatched us so far , will be brutal

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We better have the offense clicking by the time we play Detroit because it’s probably going to take 30+ points to beat them. It may take 40+ because our defense is going to have a real difficult time handling them. They have some real weapons in the passing and running game. Plus, they’re going to be looking for payback after what happened at AT&T last season. That’s another game that could get real ugly for us.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
How does it become more complicated?

You’re still gonna have a potential 12 games per week to work with. That’s more than enough.
Trying to get the days off to be somewhat equitable. If games were only on Sunday, it would be easy. Simplest examples would be that Dallas & Detroit should get bye's the weekend before our Thanksgiving games. Instead we normally play 3 games in 11 or 12 days. Teams playing Thursday night games (first game of the week) already get a long week off after the game (even though not officially a bye) so you wouldn't want to give them a bye the following week. In short, it sounds easy but when you pencil in all those things plus the other things the league wants (like when division matchups are played) the options dwindle quickly.

Stak78

Reaction score
After watching Detroit play on Monday night. It doesn’t matter. The Lions are goin got beat us like a rented mule.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why do teams get a bye after 4 games? That’s silly. We’re gonna get blown out with them coming off rest and we’re already banged up. No team should get a bye till play min 6 games.
The league is moving toward giving all our opponents an extra week to prepare for competitive balance.

Next step is we don't get a bye week. Eventually we won't be allowed to practice.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
It’s kind of sucks for Detroit. They were rolling the last two weeks and now they are taking time off.