Deuce Vaughn to IR

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You mean other than the fact he was the #1 guy on the Cowboys draft board when they were on the clock?
That’s according to them, I haven’t seen the draft board. True or not it was a wasted pick.

Zman5

Reaction score
Since many compare him to Sproles, just wanted to remind people Sproles didn't do much his first few years either. And he was a 4th round pick.

I am not saying Deuce will turn out to be as good as Sproles but like most late rounders, Deuce wii need time to develop.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
That’s according to them, I haven’t seen the draft board. True or not it was a wasted pick.
You obviously want to be "right" on a message board, which is kind of weird to me, but as has been posted more than once (and dutifully ignored by you each time), there are plenty of examples demonstrating your rush to judgment could be wrong. The most obvious being the Deuce comparable - Darren Sproles.

Will Deuce reach that level? Maybe, maybe not. But Sproles did less in his rookie year than Deuce. Point being, again (and dutifully ignored), it's too soon to call.

Mark

Reaction score
The developmentally-challenged here are uniformly against developing players - expecting Pro Bowl performers straight out of college.

Yet...draft picks - particularly, ones in the late rounds - often need "care & feedin'".

Give the garden a chance to grow.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You obviously want to be "right" on a message board, which is kind of weird to me, but as has been posted more than once (and dutifully ignored by you each time), there are plenty of examples demonstrating your rush to judgment could be wrong. The most obvious being the Deuce comparable - Darren Sproles.

Will Deuce reach that level? Maybe, maybe not. But Sproles did less in his rookie year than Deuce. Point being, again (and dutifully ignored), it's too soon to call.
I post opinions whether they end up being right or wrong. Vaughn is too small, can’t block and the only thing he does on special teams is returns. I’m making my call now and so far I’ve been right. He won’t be on the team next season. Not sure he’ll be on any NFL roster next season.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I post opinions whether they end up being right or wrong. Vaughn is too small, can’t block and the only thing he does on special teams is returns. I’m making my call now and so far I’ve been right. He won’t be on the team next season. Not sure he’ll be on any NFL roster next season.
Like I said, being "right" on this forum means something to you (for reasons only you understand), so you're calling your shot.

I'll let you in on a little secret, no one cares (besides you, obviously).

blueblood70

Reaction score
DV is not too small, his problem here is he is too much like Turpin they have guys like Pollard and CD lamb behind the line of scrimmage doing the very things that you would ask a guy like DV to do and it's a numbers game he can play in this league....

I guarantee you cut this guy and he's going to go to another team that actually lets him play full time on special teams and lets him do things on offense like we use Turpin and lamb and Pollard and he will be a solid player in this league you guys can keep saying it he's not been utilized this year at all in the proper manner in which he can actually have success...

The problem here is Turpin somehow became an Iron Man at his size which is shocking and it's a numbers game there is no room at the time for DV because we have too many guys that do the same things but you let this guy go he's going to be the next Amendola that people wished they didn't cut too soon or at worse can be switzer type..book it..

Truth be told he's a sixth-round pick that is worth keeping around because you never know when you're going to need him and it's not a waste to keep him on this roster there's worse low hanging fruit with less opportunities that you can cut to keep him on the team...

DuncanIso

Reaction score
DV is not too small, his problem here is he is too much like Turpin they have guys like Pollard and CD lamb behind the line of scrimmage doing the very things that you would ask a guy like DV to do and it's a numbers game he can play in this league....

I guarantee you cut this guy and he's going to go to another team that actually lets him play full time on special teams and lets him do things on offense like we use Turpin and lamb and Pollard and he will be a solid player in this league you guys can keep saying it he's not been utilized this year at all in the proper manner in which he can actually have success...

The problem here is Turpin somehow became an Iron Man at his size which is shocking and it's a numbers game there is no room at the time for DV because we have too many guys that do the same things but you let this guy go he's going to be the next Amendola that people wished they didn't cut too soon or at worse can be switzer type..book it..

Truth be told he's a sixth-round pick that is worth keeping around because you never know when you're going to need him and it's not a waste to keep him on this roster there's worse low hanging fruit with less opportunities that you can cut to keep him on the team...
Too little.

MIght have some speed. but cant push.

RonWashington

Reaction score
I certainly bring Vaughn back in 2024 . Too small a sample this yr to judge . He could be Dallas version of Boston Scott . I give MM credit for getting Turpin involved in the offense this yr now draw up some plays going forward for a guy who could break off chunk plays in space .

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Like I said, being "right" on this forum means something to you (for reasons only you understand), so you're calling your shot.

I'll let you in on a little secret, no one cares (besides you, obviously).
Sounds like you’re bothered that I’m right most of the time. Many here seem to enjoy swinging and missing with ridiculous predictions and opinions. Just go back to last summer and dig up all the many Deuce Vaughn threads with some claiming he’ll be the second coming of Barry Sanders and Emmitt Smith. :rolleyes: One fan argued with me that Vaughn would lead the team in touches and take over for Pollard as our lead back by mid season. :laugh: Whether some agree or disagree with my opinions they know from following my posting history that chances are likely I’ll end up being right. Many wouldn’t get so upset over what I have to say if I didn’t end up hitting the nail on the head most of the time.