Deuce Vaughn to IR

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
He had very few carries because he only averaged 1.7 yards with the carries he got. Don’t know what league you’re following but that’s not going to earn you more opportunities in the NFL, especially when you have at least 2 backs ahead of you. I don’t pull for any player to fail.
That's too small of a sample size for the criticism your giving him and you know it.........now, carry on.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That's too small of a sample size for the criticism your giving him and you know it.........now, carry on.
That’s likely all the sample size he’ll get with the Cowboys. Hope you enjoyed it. :thumbup:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's been one season and he hasn't even shown glimpses of doing anything. This team has real right now and the dude is worthless. Wasted draft pick.
He hasn't shown glimpses. That's not what the coaches are saying. And it hasn't been one season. He was just drafted 8 months ago.

I guess rookies are expected to play like pro bowlers these days. Makes no sense to me. A player who wasn't expected to come in and start making plays doesn't and fans are mad.

Last edited:

McKDaddy

Reaction score
We're not "crazed" for thinking that Deuce Vaughn, one of the best RBs in college football through his career, perhaps has some untapped potential.
untapped potential is one thing. saying he would have a Barry Sanders career .... that's a whole other level of "thinking".

not saying you said that ... but there were some pretty wild comments during the pre-season.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He had very few carries because he only averaged 1.7 yards with the carries he got. Don’t know what league you’re following but that’s not going to earn you more opportunities in the NFL, especially when you have at least 2 backs ahead of you. I don’t pull for any player to fail.
:facepalm:

We all remember that game. To judge Deuce from then was so wrong. That was when MM was running the practice squad playbook and Deuce had no chance. NONE.

Hadenough

Reaction score
He hasn't shown glimpses. That's not what the coaches are saying. And it hasn't been one season. He was just drafted 8 months ago.

I guess rookies are expected to play like pro bowlers these days. Makes no sense to me. A player who wasn't expected to come in and start making plays doesn't and fans are mad.
If you have a chance to add a player with more experience and is better right now. Along with this run defense is horrible why not add Buggs and bench Mazi. This run defense is gonna cost this team in the playoffs.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you have a chance to add a player with more experience and is better right now. Along with this run defense is horrible why not add Buggs and bench Mazi. This run defense is gonna cost this team in the playoffs.
I wish I knew what the Cowboys were discussing concerning Buggs. Of course no one down there bothers to ask. I've been saying for years they need to fix the run defense. It got exposed and embarrassed in the playoffs by the Rams years ago and still haven't fixed it.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
When Deuce was drafted the obvious comp was Darren Sproles, who had 8 carries and 3 receptions as a rookie.

Deuce may never be the next Sproles, but the point is it is too early write him off.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

We all remember that game. To judge Deuce from then was so wrong. That was when MM was running the practice squad playbook and Deuce had no chance. NONE.
He’s being judged off all his carries this season, not just one game. The team obviously doesn’t think much of him. He was made inactive for several games and won’t be on the team next season. Most of the backs we won’t be back next season.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

So what are the,,,pro duece.... people seeing that the coaching staff does not?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I find it ironic that Scott was drafted 34 sports ahead of Deuce (the Cowboys actually traded up for him!) and yet there isn't one thread or one post about him all season long.

starfan1

Reaction score
I find it ironic that Scott was drafted 34 sports ahead of Deuce (the Cowboys actually traded up for him!) and yet there isn't one thread or one post about him all season long.
LOL good point. Ive trashed the entire draft with the exception of round 3.Ill be more specific to include scott from now on. And CB was not the need that RB is may have something to do with it

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He was our second 6th round pick and likely wouldn’t have been drafted had his dad not been a scout for the team.
You mean other than the fact he was the #1 guy on the Cowboys draft board when they were on the clock?