Video: Devin Smith. The New Slot WR of the Cowboys!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Even if he gave it and was honest in how bad Garrett was, The Garrett apologists would surely discount it and come running to defend their hero.
Of course they would, and I could care less.
If Ive learned anything out of this crazy life, its just that people have opinions, and trying/attempting to change those opinions is nearly an impossible task.
You believe in what you believe in, that's just human nature, and all you can do is find interest in what you believe in, and if you might be able to change another persons opinion and it makes you feel good than that's an accomplishment, I guess.
Sometimes when your trying to change someone elses opinion, you actually can discover that its your opinion that is jaded, that's when you actually begin to evolve mentally.
Ive evolved I believe several times...lol and Im still a dumb ***.

phildadon86

Reaction score
NO need to lie either.
Wasn’t lying. You said he is 100 percent able to take more snaps from zeke. Implying he’s better. They compliment each other well. And there is no evidence he can handle a workload even close to what Zeke does.

FaSho

Reaction score
Devin Smith reminds me of Terry Glenn, but obviously not as good. Terry didn't play slot either, I don't think.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Wasn’t lying. You said he is 100 percent able to take more snaps from zeke. Implying he’s better. They compliment each other well. And there is no evidence he can handle a workload even close to what Zeke does.
That doesn’t imply he is better.

I even explained to you exactly what I meant.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

The ability to handle 300 carries is of little concern as a rb by committee doesn’t require it.

GMO415

Reaction score
Dude's been in the league since 2015.....yet the OP is showing highlights during his time in OSU? Bwahaha. When is he going to emerge?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dude's been in the league since 2015.....yet the OP is showing highlights during his time in OSU? Bwahaha. When is he going to emerge?

He blew out his knee his rookie year, then did it again the next season. He was then released and the Cowboys picked him up.

Similar to Jimmy Smith.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Devin Smith reminds me of Terry Glenn, but obviously not as good. Terry didn't play slot either, I don't think.

Thats like saying Troy Hambrick reminds you of John Riggins, but obviously not as good.

Terry Glenn just rolled over in his grave. RIP TG!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That they are a great one two punch

I think they are an incredible 1-2 punch. They compliment each other perfectly.

The problem is that Pollard rarely plays.

Personally, I would use a general formula of somewhere around 60% zeke, 40% Pollard. However, "Hot hand" is more of the approach I would take.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I think its a little comical to say a guy disappeared for a game or two when he wasn't even one of the main weapons. Heck, Dez used to disappear for long stretches. Cooper was the #1 receiver and disappeared for half the season.

Hard to judge Smith when he really had an opportunity.

It's easy to judge him when he really had the opportunity: That's when he was the No. 2 receiver against New Orleans and didn't catch a single pass. It's hard to judge him after that because he was inactive. Can't tell if that just means he wasn't good enough, he got in the coaches' doghouse or he just wasn't being given a chance.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It's easy to judge him when he really had the opportunity: That's when he was the No. 2 receiver against New Orleans and didn't catch a single pass. It's hard to judge him after that because he was inactive. Can't tell if that just means he wasn't good enough, he got in the coaches' doghouse or he just wasn't being given a chance.

I already posted why he didn't play after that. Its because he had a knee issue again.

Gallup caught 7 total passes in his first 6 games. So I guess that was a easy judge too right? Got his opportunity and blew it?

phildadon86

Reaction score
I think they are an incredible 1-2 punch. They compliment each other perfectly.

The problem is that Pollard rarely plays.

Personally, I would use a general formula of somewhere around 60% zeke, 40% Pollard. However, "Hot hand" is more of the approach I would take.
I love the 60 40 idea. Especially if we want Zeke to last his entire contract

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I love the 60 40 idea. Especially if we want Zeke to last his entire contract

The split isn't about Zeke at all.

Personally, I don't want him to last. The more they play Pollard, the more they are going to realize that Zeke can be replaced.

The year that Dallas can get out of that contract with a low dead money hit, they will.

phildadon86

Reaction score
The split isn't about Zeke at all.

Personally, I don't want him to last. The more they play Pollard, the more they are going to realize that Zeke can be replaced.

The year that Dallas can get out of that contract with a low dead money hit, they will.
Yeah but pollard couldn’t do what he does if Zeke wasn’t the hammer wearing down the defense either so it’s a double edged sword. Remember Murray and randle?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yeah but pollard couldn’t do what he does if Zeke wasn’t the hammer wearing down the defense either so it’s a double edged sword. Remember Murray and randle?

That is YOUR opinion, not mine. I didn't see Zeke wear out much of anyone last year.

Pollard looked good nearly the entire time no matter what quarter it was.

Randle was a joke. Pollard would eat his lunch.