Devin Street lands in New England

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I agree with him that it's a better fit..

He's pretty horrible going vertical and they like to have their receivers sit in zones. Everyone plays like Witten and Gronk rips the seams .

robbieruff

Reaction score

Watch him now catch 50 balls for 700 yds and 8 TDs and become a mainstay in the Pats' offense and a new found fave of Brady. Seriously, if he goes elsewhere and produces to the level that we've seen Marty B do or even Andre Holmes (just to call out a couple of examples in recent years) I think this will be another huge indictment of the coaching staff. Players not producing here after several seasons and then doing it elsewhere once we cut them loose has been a troubling trend. Will be interesting to monitor.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
"It's just more of my fit, I feel like. Just go about your business, hard work, a humble atmosphere even though they have had so much success."

"In college, that's where I made a lot of my money — inside," Street said. "I wasn't utilized in that aspect in Dallas, which is fine. Just got to do what you need to do. But I'm looking for the opportunity to be moved all around here."

"Just kind of, the culture down there," Street said. "I knew it was coming."

I love it when a player fails miserably then blames the fit. He would still be on the team if he did the little things, like you know, get open, catch what was thrown to him.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I agree with him that it's a better fit..

He's pretty horrible going vertical and they like to have their receivers sit in zones. Everyone plays like Witten and Gronk rips the seams .

They also love picks and rubs, which Street needs to get open.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watch him now catch 50 balls for 700 yds and 8 TDs and become a mainstay in the Pats' offense and a new found fave of Brady. Seriously, if he goes elsewhere and produces to the level that we've seen Marty B do or even Andre Holmes (just to call out a couple of examples in recent years) I think this will be another huge indictment of the coaching staff. Players not producing here after several seasons and then doing it elsewhere once we cut them loose has been a troubling trend. Will be interesting to monitor.

He'd need to outperform the equivalent guy in Dallas who was getting the looks Street couldn't earn.

Marty B wouldn't have gotten any looks in NY either if they had a player like Witten in front of him. Same goes for Holmes. Sometimes the opportunity is better in one location--which is why they picked him up in the first place where we cut him.

dfense

Reaction score
Dude, get a grip. Bennett was an idiot, more concerned with his website than football. Why do you think he's on his 4th team already. A better argument would be Amendola. But he would have been hurt 50% of the time anyways.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Highly doubt it. His production may go up because they simply will use him more, but he'll be cast to the wayside in the next season or two as they typically do with WRs in New England.

I was a Street supporter too, but he's a textbook example of a guy that didn't take advantage of his opportunities.

Craig

Reaction score
What "fit" is that Dev? Inquiring minds want to know.
Clean route runner? Does any coach or qb in history rely more on precise routes from their receivers? Id say his comments are spot on.

Hes just on the practice squad though as far as i saw.

RS12

Reaction score
Meh, NE has a revolving door at their last WR spots. Cheat is a good judge of talent but this is a look/see. I dont see Street on their roster come December.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
They also love picks and rubs, which Street needs to get open.
If you draft a guy....that cannot get open on his own.....well guess what....the coaching staff should SCHEME him open....we don't do that! But I digress!!!