Devin Street lands in New England

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I liked Street. Kinda felt bad about all the criticism he got from fans here though it was warranted at times. If he can't catch on in New England that might be his last destination.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Watch him now catch 50 balls for 700 yds and 8 TDs and become a mainstay in the Pats' offense and a new found fave of Brady. Seriously, if he goes elsewhere and produces to the level that we've seen Marty B do or even Andre Holmes (just to call out a couple of examples in recent years) I think this will be another huge indictment of the coaching staff. Players not producing here after several seasons and then doing it elsewhere once we cut them loose has been a troubling trend. Will be interesting to monitor.

A huge indictment on the coaching staff? So nevermibd all of he success stories they have had you would rather focus on two guys who haven't even had great careers? Marty B was just stuck behind a hall of famer in his prime. Sucks for him. I didn't know we were rueing Andre Holmes even though the Cowboys took part in developing him.......

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If you draft a guy....that cannot get open on his own.....well guess what....the coaching staff should SCHEME him open....we don't do that! But I digress!!!
At the same time..... You probably shouldn't be drafting someone that can't get open........I don't think the Cowboys drafted him and expected what they got.

nobody

Reaction score
Well, I do have my doubts about that but you're certainly entitled to your opinion . . . ;)

I'm just messin' around. lol Teams do pick up other teams' castoffs for scouting and playbook knowledge purposes, however.

Most likely, though, Street just wasn't a good fit for this system and the Patriots practice squad might suit him better. After all, it's much easier to play for a team that cheats to win than play for a team with integrity.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Watch him now catch 50 balls for 700 yds and 8 TDs and become a mainstay in the Pats' offense and a new found fave of Brady. Seriously, if he goes elsewhere and produces to the level that we've seen Marty B do or even Andre Holmes (just to call out a couple of examples in recent years) I think this will be another huge indictment of the coaching staff. Players not producing here after several seasons and then doing it elsewhere once we cut them loose has been a troubling trend. Will be interesting to monitor.

Andre Holmes who had 14 catches all year for the Raiders last season?

Yea..coaches really dropped the ball there.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Some posters on here are much like Garrett. Suck off everything the Pats do. Like they didn't sign isiah stanback the flop. Or draft Ryan Mallett the flop. Or there many other flops that get covered up by Brady

robbieruff

Reaction score
Andre Holmes who had 14 catches all year for the Raiders last season?

Yea..coaches really dropped the ball there.

Yup. Sure. Cherry pick all u want but the point remains the same. And Andre has been way more good than bad as a Raider and the guy is a beast athletically - sure would've loved him on the roster instead of Street these past years but that's besides the point. Under this current regime we appear to be worse at getting productivity out of certain players who go on to be contributors on other squads. Or have u forgotten Weeden already??? Don't tell me that didn't raise a red flag for u to see him go from Dallas and put stats in Houston in the same freakin season!?! Seriously, what were u thinking when u saw that?!!

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Yup. Sure. Cherry pick all u want but the point remains the same. And Andre has been way more good than bad as a Raider and the guy is a beast athletically - sure would've loved him on the roster instead of Street these past years but that's besides the point. Under this current regime we appear to be worse at getting productivity out of certain players who go on to be contributors on other squads. Or have u forgotten Weeden already??? Don't tell me that didn't raise a red flag for u to see him go from Dallas and put stats in Houston in the same freakin season!?! Seriously, what were u thinking when u saw that?!!

Beastin his way to 14 catches all year.

Weeden? He who got a couple spot appearances with the Texans because their qb was hurt just like ours was? He who couldn't win the backup job with them this year even?

Yea..these guys are big contributors. -_-

You act like we are letting go of young players who are all going on to be solid starters with the teams that pick them up. Come back down and join the rest of us in reality my friend.

robbieruff

Reaction score
A huge indictment on the coaching staff? So nevermibd all of he success stories they have had you would rather focus on two guys who haven't even had great careers? Marty B was just stuck behind a hall of famer in his prime. Sucks for him. I didn't know we were rueing Andre Holmes even though the Cowboys took part in developing him.......

Success stories?!! Which one are u taking about in this regime? Certainly not in the win column commensurate to this franchise's legacy. And I'd say in there's been enough swirl in trying to fill out the same dang roster spots for freakin ions under this current leadership structure.

I rue every outcome where we either failed to keep a player that went on to productivity while keeping obvious scrubs on the roster and having them waste valuable time and resources OR scenarios where we fail to get someone to perform and he produces immediately elsewhere - such as Brandon Weeden. Tell me the latter didn't raise an eyebrow for u last year.

The list of examples is long. I picked two but certainly cud have referenced more. Bottom line for me, I've been a fan of this team - I am talkin DIE FRIGGIN HARD - for decades, and I am losing faith in this current regime after years of being patient and supportive. I cud care less about us cutting some scrub like Street - he sucked here. The event just roused in me issues I am having of a more general nature. What I am worried about is him turning into another proof point that tells me we don't have a culture here that is conducive to success and sustained winning. And that player development, suspension problems, injury issues will just continue to dog us year after year until dramatic changes are made. I hope I'm wrong. I want to be wrong. But as lifelong fans we deserve better.

robbieruff

Reaction score

Weeden? He who got a couple spot appearances with the Texans because their qb was hurt just like ours was? He who couldn't win the backup job with them this year even?

You act like we are letting go of young players who are all going on to be solid starters with the teams that pick them up. Come back down and join the rest of us in reality my friend.

That last line was a good one. Cracked me up.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Dude, get a grip. Bennett was an idiot, more concerned with his website than football. Why do you think he's on his 4th team already. A better argument would be Amendola. But he would have been hurt 50% of the time anyways.
Great point !!! Hey I like that cat !!!!

Rockdoc

Reaction score
Street was a one man team when he played for Pittsburgh. it was worth drafting him, BUT he was not athletic and that showed up in the NFL.
maybe he is a system guy. New England or bust i guess

starfrombirth

Reaction score

I'm not taking the stance against you because I basically agree with you but I would like to point out Danny Amendola... just sayin :D

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
The players are numerous who seem to succeed under other NFL tutelage, Demarcus Ware whose career seemed to be in a tail spin should be included in a long list of dis-claimers.

That said, if anyone can make Devin Smith a factor it's Belichick ... but don't see that happening this time.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
The players are numerous who seem to succeed under other NFL tutelage, Demarcus Ware whose career seemed to be in a tail spin should be included in a long list of dis-claimers.

That said, if anyone can make Devin Smith a factor it's Belichick ... but don't see that happening this time.

Devin Street..

Let's hear some other names.

Demarco Ware? His last two years with us he had 11.5 and 6.0 sacks. His two years with them he's had 10.0 and 7.5 sacks.

Pretty on par..not like he was floundering here and then had a career revival when he went there. We just decided not to pay him.