Devin Street, What a Steal

GiveDezdaBall88

Reaction score
If he wasn't a prima donna, he would of been a 1st or 2nd rounder. Our offense is going to be scary good this year but our defense will be scary bad.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
The question is, why do you seem to care so much if some fans want to get excited?

its not the excited part, but the pro bowl stuff? Really? I mean it used to be a premiere status, now its kinda blah, but everyone making it , no, even harder for Wr's

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
its not the excited part, but the pro bowl stuff? Really? I mean it used to be a premiere status, now its kinda blah, but everyone making it , no, even harder for Wr's

Pro Bowl voting has been a joke for a while. It's a popularity contest.

KDM256

Reaction score
I notice Street before the draft while I was watching film on Savage, and Street really made a great impression on me on the Savage highlight film. Loved the pick & I believe Street could have a T Will type of impact going into the season.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yes because tony has had a slew of wrs that has done tons for him. a few hes made better.

Not sure what you're getting at here. Tony's got a consistent record of playing well at the QB position across the board. But he does really like guys who are where they're supposed to be and who make the right adjustments. Guys like Beasley and Robinson, for example. Street strikes me as that sort of player, but we'll have to wait and see if he really is.

We can just be excited about the potential a new draftee represents and also agree that he obviously has to show it on the field, right? Or is it necessary that we all be suspicious of everything and then agree that he obviously has to show it on the field?

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Not sure what you're getting at here. Tony's got a consistent record of playing well at the QB position across the board. But he does really like guys who are where they're supposed to be and who make the right adjustments. Guys like Beasley and Robinson, for example. Street strikes me as that sort of player, but we'll have to wait and see if he really is.

We can just be excited about the potential a new draftee represents and also agree that he obviously has to show it on the field, right? Or is it necessary that we all be suspicious of everything and then agree that he obviously has to show it on the field?

I think we can agree, this is as obvious as obvious gets, what qb would get irked with a guy who doesnt know where to be? I have never heard in an interview a qb say, that WR was right where he needed to be and that pissed me off, so i threw the ball away.

Robinson he made as good as he could be, evidence being when Robinson went to the Jags, he was a different WR both mentally and physcially. So i think Tony is to be given some credit.

TO, fabulous receiver regardless of what i think, stats, popularity, you name it, he had it, not much of a help here in Dallas, but i dont overly begrudge him. I prefered Tony Glenn, got a lot from him, the right attitude, heart, played every game.

I personally think Tony does better with the hard working WR whos out to prove to something. If he can relate to the WR, they seem to be connected better.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I stated this in the draft zone as well, the drafting of this guy was underappreciated on this forum. He is going to be very good and an eventual starter in Dallas.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
this guy has the size of a giraffe and can go up with the best of them to catch the ball. His vertical is no joke and can be our red zone target. Look for this dude to be a pro-bowler in the near future.

I don't know about all of that. What we really need is a reliable plug in and play WR in case TWill or Dez get nicked and miss a game or two.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think we can agree, this is as obvious as obvious gets, what qb would get irked with a guy who doesnt know where to be? I have never heard in an interview a qb say, that WR was right where he needed to be and that pissed me off, so i threw the ball away.

Robinson he made as good as he could be, evidence being when Robinson went to the Jags, he was a different WR both mentally and physcially. So i think Tony is to be given some credit.

TO, fabulous receiver regardless of what i think, stats, popularity, you name it, he had it, not much of a help here in Dallas, but i dont overly begrudge him. I prefered Tony Glenn, got a lot from him, the right attitude, heart, played every game.

I personally think Tony does better with the hard working WR whos out to prove to something. If he can relate to the WR, they seem to be connected better.

Well, obviously QBs want WRs where they're supposed to be. But the point is, we had a lot of struggles very recently with both Dez and Kevin Ogletree, to name two, not knowing their responsibilities on sight adjustments and it leading to turnovers at key moments in games. At one point, Tony obviously didn't trust KO and simply stopped throwing his direction. I think, but don't know, but I think that Street's the kind of guy who's slight and uses his height and body position to run good routes from the x, y, and z and who will make his adjustments and be where he's supposed to be all the time. And I think Tony tends to reward those guys like he did with Robinson since it's going to be Dez and Wit who get the double teams still (when Beasley's not on the field) and the offense is/was designed to look for just those opportunities.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
When someone asked Tony what he liked about Robinson he replied when he was on a 12 yard curl he'd run 12 yards and turn around.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Romo is going to get him the ball if he runs good routes and conversely Romo will not throw him the ball if he cant pick up the offense fast enough.Twill could have had a 1000 yard season if he was a better route runner .

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's a local kid for me. He was about 15 minutes down the road from me when he got the call from the Cowboys.

What I worry about is his ability to separate in the NFL. This concern is why he was a later round projection despite being so productive at Pitt.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
He's young and needs to put lean muscle on. Big fan of what he "can" become if he takes care of business.

Gaede

Reaction score
this guy is a balla, he's nothing like Crayton. Crayton is trash.

Crayton was a good player for us. Him and Romo had major chemistry because Crayton could get open and would catch just about everything. I think he's more talented than Crayton, but I see him performing the same function in our offense. Safety valve/chain mover for Romo.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.