Devin Street, What a Steal

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Brandon George ‏@DMN_George 15m
Stephen Jones said Cowboys had 5th-round WR Devin Street graded as 3rd-round pick. Called him a "bigger, tougher version" of Kevin Ogletree.
---

Brutal comparison.

Really, seems more like a insult.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
I'm not a Pitt fan, but I do live 6 miles from Heinz Field so Ive seen Street play numerous times. He was a good college player. I believe he projects to a solid possession guy in the pros. This guy is not going to take the top off a defense or get much yac. Hopefully he can move the sticks and use his height to catch a few red zone balls.

Those expecting the next Larry Fitzgerald because Street owns the Pitt record book are going to be sorely disappointed. Fitz played 2 years at Pitt, Street played 4. Street actually wasnt nearly as good as Antonio Bryant at Pitt, who was almost as dynamic as Fitzgerald in college. Just trying to temper the expectations a bit.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
I'm not a Pitt fan, but I do live 6 miles from Heinz Field so Ive seen Street play numerous times. He was a good college player. I believe he projects to a solid possession guy in the pros. This guy is not going to take the top off a defense or get much yac. Hopefully he can move the sticks and use his height to catch a few red zone balls.

Those expecting the next Larry Fitzgerald because Street owns the Pitt record book are going to be sorely disappointed. Fitz played 2 years at Pitt, Street played 4. Street actually wasnt nearly as good as Antonio Bryant at Pitt, who was almost as dynamic as Fitzgerald in college. Just trying to temper the expectations a bit.

Antonio could have been a hell of a player, if he had a head on his shoulders.

Bigtommyb

Reaction score
this guy has the size of a giraffe and can go up with the best of them to catch the ball. His vertical is no joke and can be our red zone target. Look for this dude to be a pro-bowler in the near future.

I agree i think if terrence slips up a lil and habe a sophomore jinx he slides into.number 2 spot. He is a precise route runner.Dropped hbecause he got hurt late last year. Has to get in weigjt room but a steal.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Street needs to hit the weight room at the same time continue to get faster if you want to talk Pro Bowler.

At this point there's probably at least 64 WR's in the NFL that are better than Street at the position.

Let the kid develop physically and systematically before we anoint him a future anything.

ftghb

Reaction score

much needed sobering post.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
He's a local kid for me. He was about 15 minutes down the road from me when he got the call from the Cowboys.

What I worry about is his ability to separate in the NFL. This concern is why he was a later round projection despite being so productive at Pitt.

Were you able to overhear any of the conversation because that really would be impressive?

Rockytop6

Reaction score
yet that didnt stop facts. Nor much else. Lets at least see some of these guys in an NFL field. I get being excited,and when your team sucks anything light from the sun is a blessing, but lets see some evidence before we declare the high end stuff. Want to declare he ll be a good player, okay maybe the poster seen him play, i didnt. So im there. Want to show off his skills, fine, im okay with that. Pro Bowler, eh, well, it is coming down in status, so he might be if he plays to the fans. I dont get that level of excitement before a guy has a chance to see the field.

I had never heard of him until Dallas picked him. I can say that about most of the picks. However, I like to hear positive things about the players especially those I don't know. I hear so much negativity until I'm glad to hear the hype. Maybe this guy isn't all that was said about him, and maybe he falls short. Yet he could fall short and still be an outstanding player. I would rather feel good about the draft and look forward to the season than to feel badly for four months.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I had never heard of him until Dallas picked him. I can say that about most of the picks. However, I like to hear positive things about the players especially those I don't know. I hear so much negativity until I'm glad to hear the hype. Maybe this guy isn't all that was said about him, and maybe he falls short. Yet he could fall short and still be an outstanding player. I would rather feel good about the draft and look forward to the season than to feel badly for four months.

i can understand but i can understand a thought like that instead of some guy dallas drafts and all of a sudden thsi is the break out, steal of the draft, that no one else can get and hes going to to light up the nfl like a christmas tree all because we drafted him. at least you expain why. I get that now.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Not sure what you're getting at here. Tony's got a consistent record of playing well at the QB position across the board. But he does really like guys who are where they're supposed to be and who make the right adjustments. Guys like Beasley and Robinson, for example. Street strikes me as that sort of player, but we'll have to wait and see if he really is.

We can just be excited about the potential a new draftee represents and also agree that he obviously has to show it on the field, right? Or is it necessary that we all be suspicious of everything and then agree that he obviously has to show it on the field?

of course,

btcutter

Reaction score
not sure about the dis on Escobar and his rookie year I think Escobar showed he could play[his rookie year]
it takes time

Not dissing the guy. Coach and board all touting big red zone target but he wasn't quit NFL ready as we thought. Didn't help when you don't get to play many snaps.
If he gets stronger and able to stay on the field then we can see his potential.