Devin Street

OhSnap

Reaction score
Looks too slight to be a KR. Speaking of a return man I hope we try to get some guy who can burn who has the quicks and missem'. Like someone like that will be around in the 7th and beyond.

I ran across this article while ago from a local news column where he went to school that gave me a little hope on his weight and strength. This is just a small clip from it :
"Part of that training included a trip to the Fischer Institute in Arizona, where a regiment brought Street's weight up to about 205 pounds. He hopes to be at 210 by the time he gets to an NFL camp" http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/05/liberty_high_schools_devin_str_2.html

But yea ever time you look at him or read his height and weight theres a big neon sign flashing SKINNY:)

I hope they're following someone to keep trying to get that edge on the return game. They've almost got me sold on McClay all he has to do is find that guy in the 7th or UDFA.

dstovall5

Reaction score
Audio: Devin Street's selection phone call. This kid is well-spoken and a high-character guy.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/multim...59f1e96d371?campaign=social_20140510_23667834

Sounds like we got a great kid off the field, and it also seems like he's a baller on the field, win-win. On another note, that's the first time I've heard Dooley(WR coach) and I LOVE his attitude. "You see those WRs get picked in front of you? Don't ever forget it." I also loved how he said, "It doesn't matter where you got picked, but it's about what you do when you get here."

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
I like the pick a lot more after watching that highlight reel, they need someone who can get deep and I thought they would pick a WR around this post (and listed Davis). Street seems like a guy that can help in 4 WR sets but still has the potential to start at some point in the future.

Agree, give this a kid a real QB who can make NFL caliber throws and he could be a real steal

Eddie

Reaction score
Agree, give this a kid a real QB who can make NFL caliber throws and he could be a real steal

I don't think we've stolen anything in the draft in quite awhile.

I'll be happy if he can contribute in ST's and as a #3-4 WR. Not worried about steals.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I don't think we've stolen anything in the draft in quite awhile.

I'll be happy if he can contribute in ST's and as a #3-4 WR. Not worried about steals.

We definitely stole Terrance Williams and Travis Frederick last year.

I think Murray was a steal. So was Sean Lee.

Gaede

Reaction score
I love this pick. Street has great hands and gets open a lot. He'd have been even more productive if the QB could've thrown it to him on time.

I love our WRs with Dez, Street and Williams.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
I disagree.

There won't be enough balls to go around. Dez witten TWill Beasley street escobar and Harris.

Dez witten twill Beasley and murray will get 80% of the targets.

dunbar esco and street will fight for the other 20%. Street would be the 5 or 6th best option. Street = WR4. He can't even play ST's. He's good depth at this point and hopefully he can develop into a good #2 or 3 WR.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
His position coach disagrees with you. Said that the guy picked up their routes faster than any of their other WRs. Really impressed him and thinks he can prove a lot of people wrong on where he went.

I doubt he will be out there taking targets away from dez and witten and twill and Beasley. There's just not enough targets to go around. Hopefully he can develop into a good 2 or 3 receiver. But I don't think he will be used too much his rookie year. He can't even play STs. Doesn't look like a KR to me. Definitely not better than Harris at it.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I doubt he will be out there taking targets away from dez and witten and twill and Beasley. There's just not enough targets to go around. Hopefully he can develop into a good 2 or 3 receiver. But I don't think he will be used too much his rookie year. He can't even play STs. Doesn't look like a KR to me. Definitely not better than Harris at it.

Beasley? Seriously? Street is a completely different kind of wide receiver. What you're likely to see is TWill in the slot a little bit or splitting time on the outside with Street.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Honestly, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Dez in the slot some. He is big, fearless and has the hand to do some serious damage.

Zman5

Reaction score
Highlights show excellent hands, awareness and body control, even going down for low catches...impressive for 6'4". Looks like a true zone buster, and any time you are the all time receptions leader at an established school like Pittsburg, you can play.

That's a big feat considering Larry Fitzgerald went there.