Dexter Fans

PosterChild

Reaction score
Well they can and they will--It's already a done deal. And that which cannot be uttered will be inserted into the series, which will ruin it. Just watch. But do not speak of it here...

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
PosterChild;1826601 said:
Well they can and they will--It's already a done deal. And that which cannot be uttered will be inserted into the series, which will ruin it. Just watch. But do not speak of it here...

Are they taking it completely off Showtime?

PosterChild

Reaction score
I should add that CBS owns Showtime in case you didn't know. Talk of Weeds and The Tudor(or whatever it's called) being moved down to the network level as well.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
PosterChild;1826658 said:
I should add that CBS owns Showtime in case you didn't know. Talk of Weeds and The Tudor(or whatever it's called) being moved down to the network level as well.

So much for watching Dexter :mad:

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Well that's just ridiculous.

CBS is consistently a joke of a network.

The only time i flip over there is if the Boys are playing or for How I Met Your Mother. Everything else about that network blows.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
peplaw06;1826691 said:
Well that's just ridiculous.

CBS is consistently a joke of a network.

The only time i flip over there is if the Boys are playing or for How I Met Your Mother. Everything else about that network blows.

The only thing I even watch on CBS are the CSI shows.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
From what my fiance told me they will only be showing syndicated eps on CBS. Could be wrong though.

If they really are moving the series to CBS... flat out... I will NOT watch it. There's no way they can make that show remain as "Dexter" if they move it to network TV. It simply cannot be done. Deb will have to take a permanant vacation cuz there's no way they can make her "Deb" w/o all the constant cussing.

Not to mention the sex and killing (and the viewer seeing it) is part of the show's appeal. Take that away and all you've got is Dexter thinking to himself all the time. No thanks.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I was actually disappointed with the way it ended. Dex find Lila in Paris was a little out there.

Duane

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1839674 said:
I was actually disappointed with the way it ended. Dex find Lila in Paris was a little out there.

I was thinking the same thing Yeag. It's all semi-plausible up to that point.

Overall another great season of Dexter, can't wait to see what they have in store for him next year.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Duane;1839829 said:
I was thinking the same thing Yeag. It's all semi-plausible up to that point.

Overall another great season of Dexter, can't wait to see what they have in store for him next year.

Overall it was very good

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
The only thing I would have changed is I would have left Lila alive. That way all during season 3 you have that in the back of your head that she's out there and knows Dexter's secret.

TDance

Reaction score
i agree w/ that Lila storyline. that would've great to just have her around. but yeah i dont know where else they can go with Dexter considering i felt they shouldn't have used Dexter almost being found out as a serial killer for season 2. oh well.. i did think the last 2 episodes were amazing.

PosterChild

Reaction score
Watched the finale last night. It was okay. Knew Dex would have to kill off Lila some time ago.

My question is how does Dexter continue with his serial killing if he is developing emotions,empathy, and maybe even a conscience as the final scene suggests?

Seems like a way to conclude a series, not a season.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
I want to give props to the forum. I never saw or knew about the show prior to reading this thread. I rented the first season and it was amazing. I'm a huge fan of the Sopranos and I was saddened to see that show end because I genuinely felt it had the best writing on television (minus the last 1.5 seasons). This show has filled that void. The writing of this show is just unbelievable.

I really thought this show would be the serial killer version of Nip/Tuck in that it's purpose is to shock you as opposed to providing a cohesive and well written story. Don't get me wrong, I loved the first season of Nip/Tuck but that show has gone down hill ever since.

The serial killer premise isn't what makes this show so popular, it's the writing! The acting is also superb and the writing is just brilliant. The show isn't unpredictable in the Nip/Tuck way in which they purposefully gross you or throw red herrings to throw you. Everything is planned and has a purpose to a bigger plot point. I implore you to check out this show. I would just ask you to be patient with the first two episodes as they tend to be a little slow but the rest of the episodes pick up quickly and before you know it, you are sucked in.

I just Season 1 and I will wait for Season 2 to come on DVD. Check this show out if you are someone like me who was intrigued but thought it was going to be a stale serial killer show!

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
mr.jameswoods;1971922 said:
I want to give props to the forum. I never saw or knew about the show prior to reading this thread. I rented the first season and it was amazing. I'm a huge fan of the Sopranos and I was saddened to see that show end because I genuinely felt it had the best writing on television (minus the last 1.5 seasons). This show has filled that void. The writing of this show is just unbelievable.

I really thought this show would be the serial killer version of Nip/Tuck in that it's purpose is to shock you as opposed to providing a cohesive and well written story. Don't get me wrong, I loved the first season of Nip/Tuck but that show has gone down hill ever since.

The serial killer premise isn't what makes this show so popular, it's the writing! The acting is also superb and the writing is just brilliant. The show isn't unpredictable in the Nip/Tuck way in which they purposefully gross you or throw red herrings to throw you. Everything is planned and has a purpose to a bigger plot point. I implore you to check out this show. I would just ask you to be patient with the first two episodes as they tend to be a little slow but the rest of the episodes pick up quickly and before you know it, you are sucked in.

I just Season 1 and I will wait for Season 2 to come on DVD. Check this show out if you are someone like me who was intrigued but thought it was going to be a stale serial killer show!

I have not watched it on CBS yet. I know they would take out the nudity and the language but I am curious how much other stuff they have taken out of it and how much that means the CBS only viewers of Dexter are missing out.

To me the show was really not that gory. There were a few times it got narly but for the most part they kept the gore down so I wonder how much of that was cut out of the CBS airing of the show.

Either way, glad you finally got on the Dexter bandwagon. Such a great show, however many of us do not care for Deb..not sure if it was the actress or the writing for her character.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
I'm getting my first Dexter disc from Netflix this week.

Can't wait to see if I like it!

When I first saw this thread months ago, I ignored it because I thought it was about that little cartoon guy with the glasses. :lmao2:

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Danny White;1972244 said:
I'm getting my first Dexter disc from Netflix this week.

Can't wait to see if I like it!

When I first saw this thread months ago, I ignored it because I thought it was about that little cartoon guy with the glasses. :lmao2:

I'm sure you'll love it...it's a great show.

On a side note...Netflix.

My wife joined about a month a ago and I didn't know how much I would like it and man was I pleasantly surprised.

Send for your first movies...put anything else you want after those in your queue and as soon as you send your movies back and they receive them which is the next day they automatically send you your next in queue...overnight.

You get to keep the movies as long as you want and NEVER have a late fee.

I was always paying late fees. My own fault obviously...but with Netflix I never have to worry about that.

All for $15 a month.

In our first month we have already watched like 10 movies.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
Netflix is awesome. I can't even remember when we started using it, but we've gotten hundreds of movies, and still have probably 100 more in queue.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1971940 said:
I have not watched it on CBS yet. I know they would take out the nudity and the language but I am curious how much other stuff they have taken out of it and how much that means the CBS only viewers of Dexter are missing out.

To me the show was really not that gory. There were a few times it got narly but for the most part they kept the gore down so I wonder how much of that was cut out of the CBS airing of the show.

Either way, glad you finally got on the Dexter bandwagon. Such a great show, however many of us do not care for Deb..not sure if it was the actress or the writing for her character.

Cmon dude, I wouldn't watch that show on CBS. :) I rented the first season on Netflix. I saw all the nudity and gore! I think seeing it on public television would take away from the show. That show needs some of the disturbing qualities to contrast the lighter moments

Deb is appealing to me in the sense that she is deliberately protrayed as this whiny and fragile sister that forces Dexter to be more human and to look after her. I like that. If she was this sexy and smart cop like you see on every police drama these days, it wouldn't give Dexter that sense of responsibility that a big brother requires. The fact that Deb is not very pretty and really fragile makes the show work