Dexter Fans

alicetooljam

Reaction score
Rack, let me know you got my pms. My sent items arent showing up in my sent box...

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Ok those last two episodes kicked BUTT.

Can't wait for season 3. :D

arglebargle

Reaction score
Just got turned on to Dexter by a friend with the first season DVDs. I thought the premise sounded 'Meh', but boy was I wrong! Amazingly well done. Unfortunately, I can't watch the series via HBO, so I have to wait for the next batch of DVDs. And, thus, I can't follow this thread much either. :(

One of the best new things on TV, imo, and I am glad to hear that the second season is good as well.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
arglebargle;1816421 said:
Just got turned on to Dexter by a friend with the first season DVDs. I thought the premise sounded 'Meh', but boy was I wrong! Amazingly well done. Unfortunately, I can't watch the series via HBO, so I have to wait for the next batch of DVDs. And, thus, I can't follow this thread much either. :(

One of the best new things on TV, imo, and I am glad to hear that the second season is good as well.

I wasn't sold on it at first but I guess it grew on me.

Oh btw it's on Showtime not HBO

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1791199 said:
Did anyone else laugh when Deb blurts out that's she's sleeping with Lundy then as he's walking by says she'll be sleeping at his house that night?

Looking at Deb makes me understand why Dexter kills people.

Listening to her makes me want to do the same thing. :laugh1:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jterrell;1816744 said:

:laugh2: :laugh2:

Bonecrusher#31

Reaction score
jterrell;1816744 said:

:laugh2: :laugh1: :laugh2: :banghead:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
jterrell;1816744 said:

:muttley:

She looks better this season than last.....mainly because she doesn't have a cig hanging out of her mouth in every scene.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1816849 said:
:muttley:

She looks better this season than last.....mainly because she doesn't have a cig hanging out of her mouth in every scene.

Its her creepy slumped shoulder skin and bones gaunt thing. And her smush face.

But mostly it is her incessant drama about nothing.
She leads a completely boring life(serial killer boyfriend and brother aside) but makes every little thing over the top drama.

While Dexter is a killer he actually tries to squash the drama.

I dig that about him.
Serial Killers > Drama Queens.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
jterrell;1816875 said:
Its her creepy slumped shoulder skin and bones gaunt thing. And her smush face.

But mostly it is her incessant drama about nothing.
She leads a completely boring life(serial killer boyfriend and brother aside) but makes every little thing over the top drama.

While Dexter is a killer he actually tries to squash the drama.

I dig that about him.
Serial Killers > Drama Queens.

:laugh2:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
VietCowboy;1807746 said:
"can't believe it....3.49 for a regular?" :laugh2: -from previews for next week on dexter's showtime website

Matsuka is out there :laugh2:

PosterChild

Reaction score
jterrell;1816744 said:

A little Monday am eye candy for ya:

285.carpenter.hall.072407.jpg

Duane

Reaction score
I tried to catch the final episode that was emailed but the link said something like it not being available.

Wow, they've got a ton to wrap up in the final episode. Lila, Doakes, Deb's romance, Reta's kids, Batista and more. Can't wait to see how they get all that done in an hour.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Duane;1824892 said:
I tried to catch the final episode that was emailed but the link said something like it not being available.

Wow, they've got a ton to wrap up in the final episode. Lila, Doakes, Deb's romance, Reta's kids, Batista and more. Can't wait to see how they get all that done in an hour.

Hopefully it's longer than an hour.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
It's only an hour. You can download the ep at tvtorrents.com.

It was pretty good. :D

PosterChild

Reaction score
Duane;1824892 said:

Well surmising from the previews it looks like Doakes and Lila get blowed up real good. That takes care of that. And the Batista frame-job will obviously be dropped, while Deb and Lundy will likely elope to Mars...and Rita? Who cares! I'm always tempted to ff thru those scenes anyway.

The primary cliffhanger is what will become of Dexter. I think he slips thru unscathed once Doakes-- the assumed real killer--gets annihilated, and Dexter lives to kill again.

I love happy endings. :D

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
PosterChild;1824912 said:
Well surmising from the previews it looks like Doakes and Lila get blowed up real good. That takes care of that. And the Batista frame-job will obviously be dropped, while Deb and Lundy will likely elope to Mars...and Rita? Who cares! I'm always tempted to ff thru those scenes anyway.

The primary cliffhanger is what will become of Dexter. I think he slips thru unscathed once Doakes-- the assumed real killer--gets annihilated, and Dexter lives to kill again.

I love happy endings. :D

Or do they?

;)

And some of those Rita scenes are really really really good. ;)

PosterChild

Reaction score
http://weblog.signonsandiego.com/tvtracker/archives/017287.html
Posted by Karla Peterson at December 10, 2007 10:40 AM

Of all the weird strike-related news to come down the TV pipeline, last week's announcement that Showtime's "Dexter" would be "repurposed" to run on CBS deserves this year's Dubious Wish Fulfillment award. The good news is, "Dexter" will be on network TV! The bad news is, "Dexter" will be on network TV.

Bloody Hell!

Don't get me wrong. "Dexter" is a riveting show. As a Miami forensics expert who moonlights as a vigilante serial killer, Michael C. Hall consistently gives one of the most complex and chillingly vulnerable performances on television today. The show is funny, creepy and strange. It is also violent, profane and extremely adult. And I don't see how it can air on network television without becoming a butchered shell of its beautifully bloody self.

But Showtime is a CBS Corp. commodity, so I'm guessing the CBS suits will find a way to jam the jagged "Dexter" into their neat little network slot, whether it fits or not. And it looks like they will be doing the same with "Weeds" and "The Tudors," both of which have more than their fair share of profanity, nudity and not-ready-for-primetime behavior.

If the CBS execs are really interested in filling their strike gaps with chunks of network synergy, how about importing some shows from their underperforming offspring, the CW? How about treating viewers to the first seasons of "Supernatural" or "Smallville"? Or resurrecting "The Gilmore Girls" or "Veronica Mars"? How about airing vintage "Behind the Music" episodes from the Viacom-owned VH1? Or episodes from MTV's fascinating documentary series "Made" and "True Life"? How about a few installments of Country Music Television's "Crossroads" concert showcase?

All of these shows are worth exposing to a broader audience, and none of them would lose their limbs to the network's cookie cutter in order to do it.
When Dexter does his slicing and dicing, he tries to keep things clean. Let's hope CBS keeps that in mind when the knives come out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All I can say is, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO