Dez 12 rec 145 yds TD

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
He is improving which is all you can hope for. Meanwhile he's on his way to 1150 yds 7-8 TDs.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Gaede;4846506 said:
I really like what I saw out of Dez today. I think on that one play he just thought he had a first down. He's the last guy that should be criticized for laying down.

He's really showing why he deserves extra time to develop lately. Miscues are disappearing and more good plays are showing up instead

Yeah, I also think he thought he had the first down. I missed the thread when he did that so I don't know that anyone criticized him too harshly for it but I can imagine they did.

As far as his development goes, you can see the change in his game. If Romo would just get some time and make a few more accurate throws, he can crack the game open. He is a game changer.

The Natural

Reaction score
theogt;4846626 said:
He needs to do this on a semi-consistent basis.

He's gone over 100 yards in 3 games, over 80 in another 3 games. In 4 games he's been targeted 5 times or less. That's about as semi-consistent as it gets given a 10 game sample.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
aikemirv;4846613 said:
That's true, your right, I forgot about that one when I wrote that. I don't know what that was either....
I wanted to post this in the "Is Romo on the Downside?" thread, but it's been locked. Miles isn't half the deep threat that Robinson was, or that Dez could be. Not a knock on Miles, his game is catch-and-run, and he's the best at it.

Bizwah

Reaction score
He's our leading receiver (yards wise) right now.

Do you all realize we have three players over 700 yards receiving....and we only have 8 TDs from those three players?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
The Natural;4846655 said:
He's gone over 100 yards in 3 games, over 80 in another 3 games. In 4 games he's been targeted 5 times or less. That's about as semi-consistent as it gets given a 10 game sample.
The games where he's targeted so few times is because he runs the wrong route, causing an INT, and Tony stops throwing to him.

The Natural

Reaction score
theogt;4846700 said:
The games where he's targeted so few times is because he runs the wrong route, causing an INT, and Tony stops throwing to him.

Thats funny, cause Tony didnt even throw an interception against Atlanta when Dez was targeted 4 times, or against Carolina when Dez was targeted 3 times, or last week against Philly when he was targeted 5 times. You wanna try again with a different story?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Dez played like I'd expect from a guy with the ability he has today. He was a beast out there today and I was glad to see it.

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
aikemirv;4846547 said:
He is the guy who can make great plays and then also run out of bounds 1 yard short of the 1st down. I guess you have to take the good with the bad, but man, the bad infuriates you sometimes.

No different than with Austin sometimes either I guess, he is careless but not stupid. We do seem to have some of the stupidest players in the league though. Ratliff on the taunting, Scandrick......

We take the good and the bad with Romo...why can't Dez get that same satisfaction?

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
The Natural;4846718 said:
Thats funny, cause Tony didnt even throw an interception against Atlanta when Dez was targeted 4 times, or against Carolina when Dez was targeted 3 times, or last week against Philly when he was targeted 5 times. You wanna try again with a different story?
:huh:

Sounds like your making theo's point for him.

The Natural

Reaction score
percyhoward;4846765 said:
:huh:

Sounds like your making theo's point for him.

So the premise is:

-Dez Bryant receives few targets in select games
-Dez Bryant receives few targets in these games because he "runs the wrong route, causing an INT by Romo, thus Romo stops throwing the ball"
-The Natural proceeds to state that in 3 games Romo threw no interceptions yet Bryant's targets were still relatively low, debunking his theory
-Percy Howard proceeds to say The Natural is making Theo's point for him

Kid played a great game today that's all that really matters, we got the win.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
The Natural;4846790 said:
So the premise is:

-Dez Bryant receives few targets in select games
-Dez Bryant receives few targets in these games because he "runs the wrong route, causing an INT by Romo, thus Romo stops throwing the ball"
-The Natural proceeds to state that in 3 games Romo threw no interceptions yet Bryant's targets were still relatively low, debunking his theory
-Percy Howard proceeds to say The Natural is making Theo's point for him
Staying away from talking about myself in the 3rd person, a low number of targets resulting in fewer INT actually supports his point, doesn't it?

Reaction score
Dez played great today. This what he's capable of doing on an every week basis. In the last two weeks he's played very solid football. 15 catches, 212 recieving yards, and two touchdowns. Hopefully it continues because we need this kind of production from him.

The Natural

Reaction score
percyhoward;4846819 said:
Staying away from talking about myself in the 3rd person, a low number of targets resulting in fewer INT actually supports his point, doesn't it?

can you read? he said he had low # of targets because he made mental mistakes, causing an interception by Romo, and because of that Romo stops throwing him the ball, that was his point.. I don't know why we're even having this discussion, I've seen Romo throw interceptions and literally come right back to Dez on the next passing play.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
The Natural;4846718 said:
You're right. He didn't throw to him in the Atlanta game because of the missed route he ran in the immediately preceding Giants game that caused an INT.