Dez already asked to take a pay cut?

Verdict

Reaction score
I suspect that when Dez tests the market for himself, he'll realize other teams aren't going to pay him in the manner he's hoping for. He'll either take much less or leave. I'm hoping to see the latter come to pass. He's a legend in his own mind now and stubbornly in denial that his perceived glory is over. There are rookies awaiting their chance who may well offer more production.

Supremely in denial. But he feels the pressure.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If Noah Brown had as many targets as Des his stats would be be better than Dez.

What have you seen from Noah Brown that makes you think that? He’s only had 4 catches for 33 yards this season and has had some drops. Had a catchable ball get away from him last Sunday. He’s an average receiver which is why he doesn’t get many targets or had many opportunities.

Verdict

Reaction score
What have you seen from Noah Brown that makes you think that? He’s only had 4 catches for 33 yards this season and has had some drops. Had a catchable ball get away from him last Sunday. He’s an average receiver which is why he doesn’t get many targets or had many opportunities.

I don't think greatly of Brown. I just know how bad Dez is.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don't think greatly of Brown. I just know how bad Dez is.

Dez has declined the past three seasons but he’s not bad. You’re going way overboard on where his game currently is right now. He’s still very talented and the most gifted receiver on this team but he’s not a #1 receiver anymore. Brown hasn’t even proven he’s better than Brice Butler.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score

Dez hasn't exactly been impressive lately and Brown is in his developmental stage. I'm far from being sold on Noah Brown at this juncture but I'm merely being hopeful that his development will stand him in good stead. Right now, he's still in his embryonic stage in terms of development.

Of course he's merely average right now, just as you've said but it's not like Dez (with infinitely more experience) is consistently catching balls himself. Kindly forgive my optimism if you've a mind to. I do realize Brown has a long way to go. Whether he'll arrive at being exceptional or not is anyone's guess.

At least, Brown has decent upside that offers a glimmer of hope for solid improvement. If not, so be it. He'll probably be challenged to beat out a good rookie WR or two this year in camp, so there's that to look forward to as well -- all this while Dez is possibly headed for the door if he remains unwilling to accept a less absurd contract.

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dez hasn't exactly been impressive lately and Brown is in his developmental stage. I'm far from being sold on Noah Brown at this juncture but I'm merely being hopeful that his development will stand him in good stead. Right now, he's still in his embryonic stage in terms of development.

Of course he's merely average right now, just as you've said but it's not like Dez (with infinitely more experience) is consistently catching balls himself. Kindly forgive my optimism if you've a mind to. I do realize Brown has a long way to go. Whether he'll arrive at being exceptional or not is anyone's guess.

At least, Brown has decent upside that offers a glimmer of hope for solid improvement. If not, so be it. He'll probably be challenged to beat out a good rookie WR or two this year in camp, so there's that to look forward to as well -- all this while Dez is possibly headed for the door if he remains unwilling to accept a less absurd contract.

We all know Dez hasn’t been impressive and it’s not just lately it’s been the past three seasons. However, he was our leading receiver this season in every statistical category and is still the most talented/gifted receiver on this team. Noah Brown is a 7th round project who runs a 4.56 40 and has size. He may eventually develop into a good role player but those who’ve brought him up to replace Dez are being ridiculous!

Dez could be out the door if he doesn’t take a pay cut but we need a solid replacement for him if that happens to try and upgrade the position if we want to improve at WR. We need someone with speed, who can separate and is a polished route runner. We need to add some explosiveness to our passing game.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
We all know Dez hasn’t been impressive and it’s not just lately it’s been the past three seasons. However, he was our leading receiver this season in every statistical category and is still the most talented/gifted receiver on this team. Noah Brown is a 7th round project who runs a 4.56 40 and has size. He may eventually develop into a good role player but those who’ve brought him up to replace Dez are being ridiculous!

Dez could be out the door if he doesn’t take a pay cut but we need a solid replacement for him if that happens to try and upgrade the position if we want to improve at WR. We need someone with speed, who can separate and is a polished route runner. We need to add some explosiveness to our passing game.

Agreed. I'm anxiously awaiting our attention to a WR acquisition(s) in the draft. I've been lobbying for a WR with good hands, separation ability and speed for years now. We have enough needs on this team to make resolving all of them tough, if not impossible, to fill. Of course, some will be improved upon in less than spectacular fashion. Needless to say, WR, DE, LB and DT demand the most desperate attention. A solid OT to groom and serve as a backup and perhaps a future starter belongs high on that list also. Gotta wonder if Le'el Collins might be returned to LG as well. That list, alone, makes more than enough things that we need to prioritize. There's surely room for improvement at other positions, too. Here's hoping our draft busts are held to a minimum in 2018.

Last edited: