Dez & Miles

slomoxn

Reaction score
Has anyone considered that if Dez Bryant goes ballistic this year and Roy Williams has a good year, that if Miles Austin's contract demands are to high (working off one year contract) he might be traded next year for a first round pick. I would assume there would be more involved than just a 1st rounder but do you think that could happen?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
slomoxn;3390629 said:
Has anyone considered that if Dez Bryant goes ballistic this year and Roy Williams has a good year, that if Miles Austin's contract demands are to high (working off one year contract) he might be traded next year for a first round pick. I would assume there would be more involved than just a 1st rounder but do you think that could happen?

It could happen but I don't think it will I think Miles will get his deal in Dallas and be here for a good while

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
No, I haven't considered it.

I'm too busy imagining Romo shredding defenses as he throws to Dez and Miles.

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
Two things.

1. Miles will get his contract.

2. For the love of pete nobody show this thread to r2a.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
If Miles does not sign a contract he would be unrestricted next year.

HoleInTheRoof

Benched
Reaction score
slomoxn;3390629 said:

Its crossed my mind . . . but ultimately I don't think it happens.

Miles will likely sign his new deal mid-season. Bryant will be on a manageable deal for the next few years. I can see Roy being the odd man out or having to restructure his deal.

I have hopes that Roy will at least be productive for us, but not at the salary we currently have him.

Roy will likely not be on the 2011 roster . . . but he'll at least leave with a Super Bowl ring. :)

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
slomoxn;3390629 said:

Roy Williams is three years older and Miles' skills are more prolific. Never happen.

Dodger

Indomitable
Reaction score
Doubt it.

If Miles has another year like 2009, which I expect, why would JJ want to trade him? You pay the guy.

montgod

Reaction score
CowboyMike;3390644 said:
Two things.

1. Miles will get his contract.

2. For the love of pete nobody show this thread to r2a.

Why was I thinking this exact thing?

SDCowboy

Reaction score
The only way that happens is if Miles comes out and stinks it up which could easily happen since he hasn't played even a whole season yet. I wouldn't count on it though.

marchetta

Reaction score
If Dez goes ballistic, Roy won't see the field enough to have a chance at a good year. Furthermore, if Dez goes ballistic, it'll be mainly because of the coverage attention that Miles and Witten attract. If Dez becomes a starter, which he should be mid-year at the latest, Roy, and his big contract, won't be around next year no matter what his stats are.

BlueStar II

Reaction score
Doomsday101;3390634 said:
It could happen but I don't think it will I think Miles will get his deal in Dallas and be here for a good while

:starspin I agree, I just don't see Miles going anywhere for quite a while.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I'm actually VERY curious to see the kind of money Miles is asking for.

There's no reason to ditch any of these guys for money's sake. Dez's contract will be a drop in the bucket because of where he was picked.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
SDCowboy85;3390696 said:
The only way that happens is if Miles comes out and stinks it up which could easily happen since he hasn't played even a whole season yet. I wouldn't count on it though.

That will never happen with Romo as our quarterback.