Twitter: Dez at Playing Weight. Lost 10lbs

stinkface

Reaction score
Curious. As I recall Dez route tree was pretty much one or two routes. That's a tree branch, not a tree.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Great post I feel Zeke is another one who could be an all time great but will only put in the minimum of work necessary to maintain .
Exactly. I do, too. For some strange reason some fans think it is OK for potential greatness to just be good enough. It took Dez 8 full seasons before he started working with the route guru, David Robinson and that is when he thought he was going to get cut.

Dez is one of the players that his diehard fans do everything they can to find an excuse for all of his mistakes too. Then they will turn around and criticize the hell out of player like Dak who makes peanuts, was drafted in the 4th round, works hard, and significantly outperforms his expectations.

I just don’t get the mind set. Players like Dez and Zeke have lower expectations due to their natural ability, but other players have high expectations and need to be damn near perfect because the finger will be pointed their way.

cern

Reaction score
does dez any longer have an agent? if so, that person should be seeing to it dez does professional style workouts and sending the videos to other teams. I get the bad upbringing. I understand why Stephen let him go. if dez is serious about continuing his nfl career, good for him. he does need a new start. but one that does not include returning to the place of all his troubles. that's just silly. try somewhere else.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
You know you mention his mental stability.

I used to get mad at him with his mental things, too.

Like that time he hurt his knee and he skipped his mandatory exam with the team doctor.

Later he admitted he was scared he had Injured it badly and too afraid to know the truth.

What a human emotion any of us might have had.

Shortly after that I found a video about his life and what he dealt with growing up watching his mother as a prostitute earning money to feed her family.

He talked about seeing strange men showing up at his house to do his mom and him being sent to his room where he would turn up the TV to drown out the noises.

Can any of us imagine this? Can we imagine the anger he grew up with from this?

I can't thank god.

But after seeing this video, I stopped being critical of him. I accepted him for who he was and was happy for his success however imperfect.

And as a guy who always wanted to be a Cowboy and still does..

what we need is another 52 like him and we could rule the NFL.

The fact that Dez didn't wind up a dead, a drug addict or living his life in jail is in itself a success story. He owes nobody anything and if he wants to try and make a comeback even if it's with the Cowboys more power to him and i wish him luck. When healthy he was a beast in the redzone and almost impossible to stop from scoring TD's

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
does dez any longer have an agent? if so, that person should be seeing to it dez does professional style workouts and sending the videos to other teams. I get the bad upbringing. I understand why Stephen let him go. if dez is serious about continuing his nfl career, good for him. he does need a new start. but one that does not include returning to the place of all his troubles. that's just silly. try somewhere else.
I think he needs the attention Dallas would bring.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only thing Dez was good at was out leaping every defensive beck in the league. If it wasn't for a couple seasons of catching Romo's lob balls he would be forgotten by now. This guy destroyed his body for 2 seasons of glory...good choice, but bye. The only guy who owes him anything is Romo.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
You bought the narrative the media sold you.
Show me 1 video where Dez was complaining over his individual stats and not trying to help the team.
The guy was being positive and trying to motivate and encourage his teammates to play better and the media decided to paint him out as another Ocho Cinco or TO type.

The guy shut his mouth and took all the criticism from the media and fans when things were not going well due to JG's scheme. Once he spoke an ounce of truth he was cut.
Yes.

Dez was one of the first to openly attack Garrett as our problem not winning.

He was 1000% right. He also called out a number of players who were an issue, too.

I believe him now. He called out Witten getting the ball too much with Garrett. This was true.

Look at 2019. Garrett told us Witten was returning ONLY to take limited snaps to develop the other TEs.

Never happened. Witten went right back to getting 65% of the snaps. No progress for Schultz and Jarwin.

So Dez knew what he was saying.