Dez "Believers"

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Not really. I was a Dez fan, but aim more of a Cowboys fan than a Dez fan. I didn't think Des could ever live up to that contract. There was just way too litle margin for error in that contract for the Cowboys. I didn't like the contract for the Cowboys.

Unfortunately I was right that Dez wouldn't and hasn't lived up to it. I just didn't anticipate he would be this bad.
big_dezerter_logo_506_2k5PV.jpg

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is not a bash Dez supporters thread. I know some of you hold out hope for him, which in some ways is admirable.

What would it take for you as a Dez fan to accept the fact that he is done (assuming he is actually done). Will it take the Cowboys cutting him for you to write him off? Will his stats have to drop off further?

Would we have to get someone like Rogers to replace Dek? Keep in mind I was once a Dez fan too.

For me the contract signing really didn't set very well with me because I did not see him as a top 5 guy.

Are any of you ride or die type of fans for Dez?

More b.s. revisionist history crap. You are flat out lying if you're gonna sit here after the fact and say that after the 2014 season you didn't think Dez was a top 5 guy. The guy made the freaking 1st team All-pro after that season led the entire league in TD's on a run first team, and every conversation had by any football mind was do you want Dez or Antonio Brown? He was undisputed top 2 WR at the point he signed that contract and now you wanna say you weren't even sure he was top 5?? Lol okay yep.

CPanther95

Reaction score
Ah, Dez thread # 67,336. Just what I was waiting for. I think it is time to post this very important message.

If you can read this OUT LOUD you have a strong mind. And better than that: Alzheimer's is a long long, way down the road before it ever gets anywhere near you!

7H15 M3554G3 53RV35 7O PR0V3 H0W 0UR M1ND5 C4N
D0 4M4Z1NG 7H1NG5! 1MPR3551V3 7H1NG5! 1N 7H3 B3G1NN1NG
17 WA5 H4RD BU7 N0W, 0N 7H15 LIN3 Y0UR M1ND 1S
R34D1NG 17 4U70M471C4LLY W17H0U7 3V3N 7H1NK1NG 4B0U7 17,
B3 PROUD! 0NLY C3R741N P30PL3 C4N R3AD 7H15! PL3453 F0RW4RD 1F
U C4N R34D 7H15.​

To my 'selected' strange-minded friends: Only great minds can read this. This is weird, but interesting!

If you can raed this, you have a sgtrane mnid, too. Can you raed this? Olny 55 people out of 100 can.
I cdnuolt blveiee that I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd what I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the
hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in what oerdr the
ltteres in a word are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is that the frsit and last ltteer be in the rghit pclae.
The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it whotuit a pboerlm. This is bcuseae the huamn
mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the word as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas
tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!​

It's because of crap like this that words like "conversate" enter our lexicon. Close enough to get the message across, but just wrong, so very, very, wrong.

cwbyfn88

Reaction score
This is not a bash Dez supporters thread. I know some of you hold out hope for him, which in some ways is admirable.

What would it take for you as a Dez fan to accept the fact that he is done (assuming he is actually done). Will it take the Cowboys cutting him for you to write him off? Will his stats have to drop off further?

Would we have to get someone like Rogers to replace Dek? Keep in mind I was once a Dez fan too.

For me the contract signing really didn't set very well with me because I did not see him as a top 5 guy. But quite honestly I thought he would be better than he has been since he signed his contract. Dez sideline antics when we were winning, and failing to recognize the game situation in the Green Bay Games really soured me on him too.

Dez dropped off when he no longer had romo throwing to him. Romo and dez worked a lot on their chemistry. Just listen to romos interviews on dez. It's normal for a WR to dropp off with a new qb. I'm looking to see what this year brings before I write off dez. He was one of my most favorite players of the modern era

ljs44

Reaction score

For me the contract signing really didn't set very well with me because I did not see him as a top 5 guy. But quite honestly I thought he would be better than he has been since he signed his contract. Dez sideline antics when we were winning, and failing to recognize the game situation in the Green Bay Games really soured me on him too.

They don't have a replacement that can do what he does. He dominated against the Packers in the playoffs 2 years ago. The entire team struggled last year.

If they cut him, he will go for 80, 1300 and 12 tds for the next 3 years with a contender.

I'd be fine if someone can show me who they replace him with. Hurns isn't the guy. Ridley or Moore are not yet the guy, and may never be.

I don't think the team is in a position to release good football players. They need all hands on deck. If they cut Dez, they are a worse team, which is not what I want right now. I want them using all options to turn things around.

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score

I’m a Dez fan and I thought we should’ve been able to franchise him and sign Murray to a contract after 2014

rkell87

Reaction score
I'll play along. We would have to cut him this year, he goes to another team and doesn't produce. Dez got paid based on what he could produce with Romo, he shouldn't be asked to make less money because the team decided to move on from Romo.

Verdict

Reaction score
Takes 2 to tango; Dez and Dak need to be in sync with each other.

I thought you were taking that in a different direction for a second. I thought you were saying it takes Dez lovers and Dez haters to make a thread go which is also correct.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
More b.s. revisionist history crap. You are flat out lying if you're gonna sit here after the fact and say that after the 2014 season you didn't think Dez was a top 5 guy. The guy made the freaking 1st team All-pro after that season led the entire league in TD's on a run first team, and every conversation had by any football mind was do you want Dez or Antonio Brown? He was undisputed top 2 WR at the point he signed that contract and now you wanna say you weren't even sure he was top 5?? Lol okay yep.
That ONE season he led the NFL in that ONE category, let's not paint him like he's a HOF....

Verdict

Reaction score

No. I didn't really have that much faith in him.

Verdict

Reaction score
The Dez contract was a poor risk/reward contract. The best we would ever be able to get out of that contract was a beak even and the odds were stacked the other way.

Verdict

Reaction score
Lol yea right okay miss Cleo I guess you knew something no other football mind in the world knew

No. It was just pretty predictable that a guy that required a full time babysitter probably wouldn't justify the contract. Even an idiot could see the risk------which is why Jerry was concerned about giving Dez "all that money at one time". It was discussed by anyone with half a brain at that time.

The only people who weren't concerned about the contract were the poor misguided souls who just said "pay the man his money" as if salary cap is irrelevant. It wasn't hard to see coming unless a person had their head buried in a nasty old boot.