Dez "Believers"

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No. It was just pretty predictable that a guy that required a full time babysitter probably wouldn't justify the contract. Even an idiot could see the risk------which is why Jerry was concerned about giving Dez "all that money at one time". It was discussed by anyone with half a brain at that time.

The only people who weren't concerned about the contract were the poor misguided souls who just said "pay the man his money" as if salary cap is irrelevant. It wasn't hard to see coming unless a person had their head buried in a nasty old boot.

Lol you're full of it

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Do I think Dez can be a "top" receiver this year? Yes, I do, if for no other reason than Dak having another off season to get better and to get a rapport with Dez.

But can he be "worth" 16.5 mil?

Not on your life. I also really don't think the offense would suffer if he was released/traded, assuming the coaches can work up game plans to properly use Hurns,Beasley, Williams, Switzer, Witten (not to mention if Gathers, et al can finally show us something) etc. And that's a big assumption, I know but Linehan was supposedly a passing game coordinator.

Dez has value, but if he won't take a pay cut or re-negotiate his contract, can't see keeping him....

Based on his production the past couple of years, his drops and fumbles, I don't see releasing him as making the offense suffer. It's funny that Prescott's rookie year he and Beasley and Williams didn't have any problems. In fact it was Beasley's best season. To many fans that think of Bryant as he was pre 2014 want to put the blame on Prescott for his drop in numbers. If you're a elite #1 receiver it shouldn't make any difference who is throwing the ball and the past couple of seasons Bryant's drops and fumbles have gone up by more than just a little. Receivers and their fans can't cry QB on drops and fumbles or on throwing childish temper tantrums like some spoiled 5 years old.

cern

Reaction score
"don't let the past remind us of what we are not now''...............crosby, stills, nash and young
"believe your eyes"........................................the great bill parcells.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You changed the subject of what we were talking about because i exposed your original nonsense for what it was. Like I said keep up
I said "Ah the good old days." That somehow made you emotional? Aww. Exposed what?

What's with some fans here puffing their internet chest saying they're winning? Lmao...

Dez passion

irishline

Reaction score
The only people who weren't concerned about the contract were the poor misguided souls who just said "pay the man his money" as if salary cap is irrelevant. It wasn't hard to see coming unless a person had their head buried in a nasty old boot.

Not a Dez fan or hater (why we need those labels for any player as fans of this team is beyond me). But I am genuinely surprised you almost made 5 full pages for the below quote to be incorrect. (See above). Not a full bash per se, but certainly a unneeded and unnecessary jab to people who disagree with your point of view. Small things like this is how it begins to spin out of control.

As a rule if you start a threat with a line that stats you aren't trying to do something, you more than likely are.

This is not a bash Dez supporters thread.

I thought it was "Revolution 9."

Actually it was the album "Revolver" (at least musically).

Last edited:

cern

Reaction score
I said "Ah the good old days." That somehow made you emotional? Aww. Exposed what?

What's with some fans here puffing their internet chest saying they're winning? Lmao...

Dez passion
self proclamations of victory in debates on these boards has always troubled me. the sharper rapier always comes to the front on its own.

Verdict

Reaction score
According to the Dez Fan Bois of you don't support Dez no matter what you are a hater. Lol

TexasBacon

Reaction score
I'll be really honest- I am invested in Dez. I've been rooting for him for a long time. I love sports because of the narratives they create. I would much rather Dez have an incredible, rebounding year as a Cowboy than him be cut. I care about numbers and cap hits to a point, but I also want to see Dez redeem himself. Am I, as a fan, willing to risk another losing season if Dez doesn't return to form? Yes, I think I am. Because as much as I am invested in The Cowboys, at the end of the day the players are the Cowboys. I rooted for Troy, Michael, and Emmitt as a kid just as much as I rooted for the Cowboys (if any of that makes sense...). I enter into a state of depression for a week when we lose, yet if I am being honest with myself I want the Cowboys with Dez and Witten to win a championship more than I'd want the Cowboys with Hurns, Watkins, and Gathers starting to win. Yes, in both scenarios the Cowboys win, but I want certain players to be part of that after all they've invested and after all I've invested in them. I know to most this POV is stupid and counter intuitive, but at the end of the day it's why I watch sports. Watching highlights, Dez is still Dez and makes those catches no one else does, even if he isn't being consistent. I do understand why people want him off the team with his distractions and contract hit, but I'd rather him get one more chance to win the Cowboys a championship.