News: Dez broken bone in foot

cej757

Reaction score
and who do you cut to make room for a receiver who quite frankly isn't that good, doesn't know the playbook and has literally a zero percent chance of gaining Romo's trust prior to Dez coming back?

And you think Romo is gonna trust Devin Street after tonight or Lucky Whitehead? They only have 4 healthy wr 's and two very green guys in Street and Whitehead. What if Williams or Beasley gets hurt next week?. They need a Veteran receiver out there.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Yes, it SUCKS that Dez broke bone in his foot and is expected to miss 4-6 weeks.

However, if we will just put Gavin Escobar in the starting lineup and run similar sets as the Patriots, then Romo will eat them up!

What do you folks think?

I am so excited that Gregory has a high ankle sprain and not something worse.

Didn't Crawford get the only Dallas sack?

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
And you think Romo is gonna trust Devin Street after tonight or Lucky Whitehead? They only have 4 healthy wr 's and two very green guys in Street and Whitehead. What if Williams or Beasley gets hurt next week?. They need a Veteran receiver out there.

Again, who do you cut? And more than likely, that veteran WR will be AJ Jenkins because he at least knows the playbook and has practiced with Romo. So, who do you cut for AJ Jenkins?

mldardy

Reaction score

He is going to have to trust them. If you are open and run the proper routes, Tony will find you it's up to Street and Whitehead to make the play after that.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
anyone have a gif of when Dez broke his foot. I tend to think earlier in the game, which could explain his body language, and that he hung in there a few more series afterwards. Being presented as 4-6 weeks, I think more like 2-4 weeks

Depends on the severity of the fracture, and which bone it is. But there was a video of him on Twitter, walking up and down the tunnel congratulating teammates and coaches, totally fired up. He was limping, but not terribly.

TommyBoy21

Reaction score
The early bye in week 6could actually help this year. I'm thinking he'll miss these early games and be back in week 7

mldardy

Reaction score
Deion says the injury will haunt him all year.....

This is ridiculous. I heard him say that and I just rolled my eyes like what are you talking about Deion. Just because it happened to you doesn't mean it's going to happen to Dez or anyone else.He started talked about hamstring and back and all other nonsensical stuff.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
This is ridiculous. I heard him say that and I just rolled my eyes like what are you talking about Deion. Just because it happened to you doesn't mean it's going to happen to Dez or anyone else.He started talked about hamstring and back and all other nonsensical stuff.

Didn't Deion have a turf toe that lasted like 13 years? He's just weird when it comes to injury.

mitchell2254

Reaction score
anyone have a gif of when Dez broke his foot. I tend to think earlier in the game, which could explain his body language, and that he hung in there a few more series afterwards. Being presented as 4-6 weeks, I think more like 2-4 weeks

I'm pretty sure it was on that 3 & Long play where he ran a cross route and Prince tackled him from behind while he was stretching for yardage.