Dez Bryant and Martellus Bennett were terrible picks

TheIceman

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4370410 said:
Yeah trading the 4th highest rated QB in the NFL is the answer! :laugh2:

*sigh* i guess people will never get tired of putting so much stock in stats.....

TheIceman

Reaction score
DFWJC;4370417 said:
Everyone will never let that Detroit game go....you know the one that he also threw for 330 yards and 3 Tds while playing with broken ribs. He did learn from those mistakes, so that was good. And you have to admit the Barbie return for a TD was very flukey (almost surreal) and there were some broken routes as well. Anyway, we should recall that he was playing hurt that game and he did throw 3 TDs.

Question: if Tony sits that game out completely, do we beat Detroit? I say we lose by 10-14 points or worse. The point is that it was one of 16 games and every single QB (except maybe Rodgers) had at least one game that bad or much worse.

It wasn't just one of 16, pretty much same thing happened against the Jets...and it was after that he said he "learned" BEFORE doing what he did in Detroit. Look I'm not saying if he didn't play we would have won, we don't have anyone else behind him. But the QB that is capable of winning us a championship is not on this team. I love Romo, but I just don't think he's the answer in the end.

Reaction score
41gy#;4370530 said:
Meachem is a perfect deep threat for the Cowboys offense. Meachem has size and speed, too. He would be a very good # 2 WR opposite of Dez Bryant.

Miles Austin had one big break-out year, and then he received a ridiculous contract based on the ridiculous contract of Roy E. Williams.

Again, Robert Meachem wins and competes for Super Bowls on a team loaded with talented, fast WRs. Miles Austin's terrible route and poor running technique helped cost his team the NFC East this year. Bryant or Robinson take that pass to the house, so I hope the coaching staff does some evaluating of that position. Meachem goes yard, too.

Who was Darrelle Revis on this year? Who was Patrick Peterson and Nnamdi Asomugha on this year? Who was Cory Webster on this year?

Have to love how Austin blamed it on "the lights" and then came out and took the blame later during that week. Tory Holt (NFL Network) exposed Austin's very poor effort on that route, and again, I hope the coaches saw that pathetic execution by Austin. Have to love the killer instinct by Austin in that huge situation. I wonder what Garrett thought about it. I saw the look on Romo's face.

Miles Austin drops too many balls, likes to strut or show off, shows off while the clock is running out on his team and while his team is losing on the scoreboard..Have to love his stare down of a N.E. DB, followed by a signature Austin drop..Watch Miles start to show off against the Giants before he realizes the clock is running down. Scoreboard, Miles...

I think Lance Moore and Devry Henderson are a little bit better than Roy E. Williams, Patrick Crayton, Sam Hurd, and Kevin Ogletree with all due respect. Those are not excuses. Those are facts. The Saints are a quarterback driven team, and they have three legit deep threats. Meachem is a solid number 2 WR who plays with two other solid WRs at his position.

It isn't possible for a player's numbers to be held down due to coaching philosophy or coaching strategy. Please tell that to Micheal Jordan.

The gloves are off with Miles Austin. He's over-rated and over-paid, and that one route and effort against the Giants, with the division on the line, was pathetic.

Robert Meachem > Miles Austin

Dez Bryant is the x-factor in my "move".

Again, Meachem is a clutch player, and I've seen him beat teams like Baltimore deep when the game is on the line.

How do you measure clutch?

I'll take Robert Meachem going yard when it counts.

You can have the guy who totally went off like a dud fire cracker when it mattered the most for his team.

:laugh2:

That's worse than your assessment that Jones is superior to Murray.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;4370585 said:
He doesn't play defense. J/K.

I really don't see a big impact he would have made on offense. Austin can play at a pro bowl level and I don't see that in Meachem.

That is the problem with hiring Wade Phillips. Anthony Spencer was his guy. Perhaps, Norv Turner would have picked Robert Meachem or Dwayne Bowe, but both WRs are better than Spencer, imo. I wanted Meachem's size and speed. That is what happens when you draft for need and hire a good defensive coordinator to be your head coach. It was the perfect puppet set up for Jerry Jones.

You know what you have in Meachem, a fast, solid number 2 WR. Austin is living off his 2009 year. Meachem could have at least held Austin's contract down some, because Williams is probably not acquired and ridiculously over-paid. Austin was paid based on Williams' contract.

This is a team game, and Meachem's size and speed would look really good next to a number 1 Dez Bryant.

Again, watch Dallas' slow WRs in 2008, especially in December. It wasn't the defense in December of 2008 that cost the Cowboys. It was poor offense. When Newman came back, the defense played the best that it ever did under Wade Phillips. If they just get a little more support, Dallas is a playoff team.

Watch Miles Austin's strike out with the NFC East on the line and talk to me about his "Pro Bowl" ability. That is one of the problems on this team. Good players get contracts like All Pros. When the GM over-pays players to the extent that Jerry Jones manages to do, they are going to get tagged with the over-rated, over-paid label.

Doug Free is there, too. Free should have been allowed to replace Colombo at RT before 2009 started. Instead, Colombo was paid. That could have held Free's contract down some. If they lock up Free after one year of playing RT, instead of waiting for him to hit the open market after playing LT, they are going to save some money. Now, look at Free's contract. You have another player paid too much money based on one good year.

Bryant
Meachem
Moore

I'd take those three over what Dallas has now. Speed kills. Romo can't just look for his 1st BFF (at WR), Miles Austin. It forces him to look for the more talented Dez Bryant more. Again, Bryant should at least be a top 20 total YAC player. The coaches have to take some blame, too.

Meachem has the size that Robinson doesn't have. Plus, he has the speed and big game experience. I look for him to have plenty of interested teams if the Saints can't afford him. However, Dallas is probably stuck with Austin's salary, because some of it was converted to signing bonus. Plus, they have him over-rated now, anyway.

Again, Meachem is a clutch player who should have been a Dallas Cowboys player, imo. Drafting him would have changed the course of the franchise, imo.

bigboi

Benched
Reaction score
41gy#;4370630 said:
That is the problem with hiring Wade Phillips. Anthony Spencer was his guy. Perhaps, Norv Turner would have picked Robert Meachem or Dwayne Bowe, but both WRs are better than Spencer, imo. I wanted Meachem's size and speed. That is what happens when you draft for need and hire a good defensive coordinator to be your head coach. It was the perfect puppet set up for Jerry Jones.

You know what you have in Meachem, a fast, solid number 2 WR. Austin is living off his 2009 year. Meachem could have at least held Austin's contract down some, because Williams is probably not acquired and ridiculously over-paid. Austin was paid based on Williams' contract.

This is a team game, and Meachem's size and speed would look really good next to a number 1 Dez Bryant.

Again, watch Dallas' slow WRs in 2008, especially in December. It wasn't the defense in December of 2008 that cost the Cowboys. It was poor offense. When Newman came back, the defense played the best that it ever did under Wade Phillips. If they just get a little more support, Dallas is a playoff team.

Watch Miles Austin's strike out with the NFC East on the line and talk to me about his "Pro Bowl" ability. That is one of the problems on this team. Good players get contracts like All Pros. When the GM over-pays players to the extent that Jerry Jones manages to do, they are going to get tagged with the over-rated, over-paid label.

Doug Free is there, too. Free should have been allowed to replace Colombo at RT before 2009 started. Instead, Colombo was paid. That could have held Free's contract down some. If they lock up Free after one year of playing RT, instead of waiting for him to hit the open market after playing LT, they are going to save some money. Now, look at Free's contract. You have another player paid too much money based on one good year.

Bryant
Meachem
Moore

I'd take those three over what Dallas has now. Speed kills. Romo can't just look for his 1st BFF (at WR), Miles Austin. It forces him to look for the more talented Dez Bryant more. Again, Bryant should at least be a top 20 total YAC player. The coaches have to take some blame, too.

Meachem has the size that Robinson doesn't have. Plus, he has the speed and big game experience. I look for him to have plenty of interested teams if the Saints can't afford him. However, Dallas is probably stuck with Austin's salary, because some of it was converted to signing bonus. Plus, they have him over-rated now, anyway.

Again, Meachem is a clutch player who should have been a Dallas Cowboys player, imo. Drafting him would have changed the course of the franchise, imo.

What has Meachum done that could be considered Clutch is it his average of 5Td's a year or his average of catching 40 balls a year.

Austin has been the more productive receiver every year they have started only you could equate that to Meachum somehow being better.

His production has been very Spencer like both have been about average.

Reaction score
TheIceman;4370600 said:
*sigh* i guess people will never get tired of putting so much stock in stats.....

I guess people will never get tired of blatantly ignoring the real issues on the team like defense and the OL.