Dez Bryant appreciation thread

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Cassel is trash. Absolute trash. He threw two games away with two back breaking picks.

I feel like a dummy for believing in him. Jerry is a bigger dummy for trading a pick for him.

Okay, Matt had a pick-six - but Cassel also threw for three TDs lastnight... maybe we could ease up on the 'trash' talk just a little?

RunDMC

Reaction score
Okay, Matt had a pick-six - but Cassel also threw for three TDs lastnight... maybe we could ease up on the 'trash' talk just a little?

What else do you call a quarterback that has thrown away two games with awful decisions?

He is absolute GARBAGE. Matter of fact I shouldn't even call him that. It's an insult to garbage.

I don't care what the stats say. He threw that horrible pick. Threw behind. Missed open guys again. Can't throw down field to save his life.

He is terrible.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
What else do you call a quarterback that has thrown away two games with awful decisions?

He is absolute GARBAGE. Matter of fact I shouldn't even call him that. It's an insult to garbage.

I don't care what the stats say. He threw that horrible pick. Threw behind. Missed open guys again. Can't throw down field to save his life.

He is terrible.

Cassel is okay - and I've seen 'GARBAGE' (thy name is Brandon Weeden). For sure Cassel pales compared to Romo... but how many QBs out there DON'T? The defense faltered and failed late when the chips were 'all in' - and THAT is why the Cowboys lost last night.

RunDMC

Reaction score
Cassel is okay - and I've seen 'GARBAGE' (thy name is Brandon Weeden). For sure Cassel pales compared to Romo... but how many QBs out there DON'T? The defense faltered and failed late when the chips were 'all in' - and THAT is why the Cowboys lost last night.

Sorry I can't just pin it all on the defense. You can't just give away points like that. As bad as they were they still only gave up 20 points in regulation. Same as New Orleans. This offense can't afford to gift teams points like that and expect to win. The offense as explosive as they were at times throughout the game did absolutely nothing for about two quarters. That can't happen. This Eagles defense has been torched throughout the season. They should've hung at least 30 on them.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

He is terrible.

You're exaggerating bro. Weeden is trash. Cassel is a decent backup. Yeah he has thrown 2 Miller interceptions but he also put up 3 tds on Sunday. I'm sorry but I'm not calling that trash. If he comes back next year as Romo backup I'm all for it. Just throw weeden in the trash

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Really. McFadden for 100 = Murray for 180.

Your agenda is showing. You and half of the posters here swore McFadden would be on IR by now, but he's not. You swore that 3.4 is all he could do and yet he has had over 110 yards from scrimmage in the last 3 games which coincidentally were his 3 starts. McFadden is doing a damn good job, and outperforming Murray while he's at it.

RunDMC

Reaction score
You're exaggerating bro. Weeden is trash. Cassel is a decent backup. Yeah he has thrown 2 Miller interceptions but he also put up 3 tds on Sunday. I'm sorry but I'm not calling that trash. If he comes back next year as Romo backup I'm all for it. Just throw weeden in the trash

I'd rather not have either. One is too scared and the other throws games recklessly with his dumb decisions. We haven't been able to win one game with either of these scrubs in this stretch. I see no reason to bring them back. Either of them. Give me RGIII. Let him come here, learn under Romo, better master the fundamentals like Romo had to when he was younger, and learn how to be a professional as well. He'd definitely be an upgrade over Cassel.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'd rather not have either. One is too scared and the other throws games recklessly with his dumb decisions. We haven't been able to win one game with either of these scrubs in this stretch. I see no reason to bring them back. Either of them. Give me RGIII. Let him come here, learn under Romo, better master the fundamentals like Romo had to when he was younger, and learn how to be a professional as well. He'd definitely be an upgrade over Cassel.

Lol rg3??? Get the heck outta here bro. Do you know how many 3-1 td to int games Romo has had? You would take that from a qb any week. Our defense lost us this game.

RunDMC

Reaction score
Lol rg3??? Get the heck outta here bro. Do you know how many 3-1 td to int games Romo has had? You would take that from a qb any week. Our defense lost us this game.

I'm not gonna get out of here because RGIII would be a much better option than either of our bum backup quarterbacks. The defense lost the game sure, but you can't not put any blame on Cassel when he threw his second pick six in as many weeks. You just gift teams points when you're without your best player and leader. Romo doesn't make that horrific pass. He doesn't miss Witten on a hot route. Doesn't fail to see the blitz. When a team run blitzes he audibles out to a pass. RGIII while not the same athlete is still more athletic than either, has a great arm, in 2012 showed he was capable of reading defenses and making good decisions. He just needs a fresh start. He can still be a big time quarterback in this league. Talent is still there.

cowboyuptx

Reaction score
I didn't want to make a new thread for it, so I'll post my appreciation for David Irving here in the Dez thread...

David Irving has been quite the find thus far... Who would have thought David Irving would be our best rookie DL halfway through the season and not Randy Gregory... Speaking of which, I sure hope the supposed "best pass-rusher in the draft" decides to show up soon...

cowboyuptx

Reaction score

I agree with you on a lot of things Jstopper, but this isn't one of them... I'm definitely not a big fan of RG3, and I seriously doubt he would ever want to come here to be relegated to being Romo's backup for the next 3-5 years, but if we could sign him as a backup for a reasonable price, then we would be foolish not to do that... I don't think RG3 is a real franchise QB, but I have little doubt that he's better than Cassel... Obviously RG3 doesn't really play up to the level of his stats, but still, he blows Cassel away... RG3 has like the 12th highest QBR in league history, and even if his stats are a little deceiving, that would be pretty good as a backup for the guy with the 2nd highest QBR in league history... It will never happen though, somebody will want RG3 as a starter, there's just not 32 QB's who are better than him right now...

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I agree with you on a lot of things Jstopper, but this isn't one of them... I'm definitely not a big fan of RG3, and I seriously doubt he would ever want to come here to be relegated to being Romo's backup for the next 3-5 years, but if we could sign him as a backup for a reasonable price, then we would be foolish not to do that... I don't think RG3 is a real franchise QB, but I have little doubt that he's better than Cassel... Obviously RG3 doesn't really play up to the level of his stats, but still, he blows Cassel away... RG3 has like the 12th highest QBR in league history, and even if his stats are a little deceiving, that would be pretty good as a backup for the guy with the 2nd highest QBR in league history... It will never happen though, somebody will want RG3 as a starter, there's just not 32 QB's who are better than him right now...

Idk man he has been terrible since his rookie season. He was only good that year because of that read option crap. Running all over the field like a small running back. Once he got hurt and stopped running we saw that he was terrible as a pocket passer. Accuracy issues and looking lost. I just don't see what he would bring to the table personally. Hell I dont even know if he is teachable.

RunDMC

Reaction score
RGIII wasn't just good because of the read option. There were times he had to make decisions and key throws from the pocket and he made them. Yeah he's struggled since, but he was never as bad as Weeden or Cassel. He never had an offensive line in DC certainly not argurably the best in the league like the Cowboys have. The best receiver in the league in Dez. A still elite tight end in Jason Witten.

He'd also get the opportunity to learn under the best quarterback in the game. A guy in Romo who works as hard as anybody, who studies film like no other, who is a great professional and respects the game and his teammates. He won't be coddled by anybody.

Romo has admitted himself early on he hadn't mastered the fundamentals of the game and he knew he needed to succeed because he didn't have the same ability as some of these other guys. I see no reason Griffin can't do the same. This guy has been in a terrific, toxic situation in DC. He just needs to get the hell out of there.

Even if you just look at his rookie season RGIII essentially put a terrible Commanders team on his back on one leg and took them to the playoffs. Brought them back from a 3-6 record to winning out. It's a shame Shannahan ruined him. They were beating the hell out of Seattle and he clearly wasn't right and allowed him to get hurt further. As hard as I've been on Garrett one thing I do give him credit is he won't put up with laziness and lack of work ethic among his players. He'll make sure Griffin puts in the work and strives to get better and better every day.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm not gonna get out of here because RGIII would be a much better option than either of our bum backup quarterbacks. The defense lost the game sure, but you can't not put any blame on Cassel when he threw his second pick six in as many weeks. You just gift teams points when you're without your best player and leader. Romo doesn't make that horrific pass. He doesn't miss Witten on a hot route. Doesn't fail to see the blitz. When a team run blitzes he audibles out to a pass. RGIII while not the same athlete is still more athletic than either, has a great arm, in 2012 showed he was capable of reading defenses and making good decisions. He just needs a fresh start. He can still be a big time quarterback in this league. Talent is still there.

He was a product of a 1600 yard rb and a college level read option craze. Once he was tried out as a pocket passer we have seen the results and they look worse than freaking weeden.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dez is nothing short of amazing, he makes the impossible, possible. We will need his abilities to be maximized as we head down the stretch. Romo will get this done and we are making the playoffs.

RunDMC

Reaction score
He was a product of a 1600 yard rb and a college level read option craze. Once he was tried out as a pocket passer we have seen the results and they look worse than freaking weeden.

Lol nobody is as bad as Weeden. He is the worst quarterback in the league. One of the worst of all time. Again the guy had no offensive line he was constantly getting hit and hit and hit of course he'll have troubles with accuracy when that's the case. You clearly didn't watch him enough in 2012. It wasn't just the read option. He made a lot of plays by himself. Just him extending plays, running with the ball, making something out of nothing, and when teams didn't bite on the read option he was still able to make some big time throws. The fact that you think he is worse than Weeden when that bum couldn't dream of having the kind of success RG had in 2012 tells me all I need to know about you.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Sorry to be a party pooper but we're 2-6 and are in the middle of the longest losing streak since 89 and we're starting appreciation threads? I've seen more appreciation threads this season than all of last season we even saw one for Hardy the day the graphic pictures came out of the beating he gave his girlfriend. The timing of these threads are puzzling to say the least. Some are reaching for anything positive to talk about.

RunDMC

Reaction score
Sorry to be a party pooper but we're 2-6 and are in the middle of the longest losing streak since 89 and we're starting appreciation threads? I've seen more appreciation threads this season than all of last season we even saw one for Hardy the day the graphic pictures came out of the beating he gave his girlfriend. The timing of these threads are puzzling to say the least.

Dez deserves it. He's a great player. As usual he gave it absolutely everything he has. Leaves all out on the field and despite not quite being 100 percent yet he's still making big plays and showing everyone why he's deserving of wearing #88. I appreciate him. Don't see anything wrong with that. He's gonna be one of the best to ever do it when it's all said and done. His passion, leadership, competiveness, work ethic, and obviously talent and skill make him the best in the game.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dez deserves it. He's a great player. As usual he gave it absolutely everything he has. Leaves all out on the field and despite not quite being 100 percent yet he's still making big plays and showing everyone why he's deserving of wearing #88. I appreciate him. Don't see anything wrong with that. He's gonna be one of the best to ever do it when it's all said and done. His passion, leadership, competiveness, work ethic, and obviously talent and skill make him the best in the game.

We all know he's a great player but it is pretty strange to be starting player appreciation threads at the halfway point of one of the most miserable seasons the Cowboys have had since 89. Dez has only played well in one of the three games he played this season. He had a great season last year setting a franchise record for TD's which greatly contributed to the teams 12-4 season an appreciation thread would have been much more appropriate at that time. The timing of these threads don't make a lot of sense especially the Hardy appreciation thread you started.

I didn't weigh in on that one because my comments probably would have gotten things very heated. It's obvious you're looking for something positive to talk about in the midst of a very disappointing season which is fine. I'm not trying to start a fight I just find it odd to see player appreciation threads during such a low point of the season.