Dez Bryant catch thread *merged*

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
5Stars;4675632 said:
He did step out with his right foot, but barely...the call was correct.

But, what a catch...!

;)

Admittely, my eye might be a tad bit tainted. ;) :D

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One thing I noticed was the the end zone referee had already thrown his hat prior to the catch. I believe that means Dez had likely already stepped out of bounds prior to the catch.

#reality

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
Red Dragon;4675617 said:
I wonder why that ball was thrown that high though.

It's possible he was just trying to throw it away. I guess theres no such thing as that when Dez is in town

JBS

Reaction score
The force out rule doesn't apply to this play...what are you guys even talking about. The force out rule is when a db pushes a WR who is in the air out of bounds. None of that happened on that play.

Broaddus is talking about the DB forcing Dez OB prior to catching the pass..Dez didn't get both feet down anyways

CoCo

Reaction score
Wimbo;4675615 said:
He thinks it shouldn't have been a holding call, too. Looked like a hold to me.

Just watched that play again. The hold call is very, very picky. No way that gets called consistently. But it really doesn't matter.

IAMKING

Benched
Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;4675661 said:
The force out rule doesn't apply to this play...what are you guys even talking about. The force out rule is when a db pushes a WR who is in the air out of bounds. None of that happened on that play.

Broaddus is talking about the DB forcing Dez OB prior to catching the pass..Dez didn't get both feet down anyways

There is no force out rule in the NFL going on the 3rd season where it doesnt exist

JBS

Reaction score
IAMKING;4675666 said:
There is no force out rule in the NFL going on the 3rd season where it doesnt exist

Thats fine. That's not the point. The point is that play had noting to do w the old force out rule.

Gibby!

Pom Pom Waving Shill
Reaction score
Reality;4675640 said:
One thing I noticed was the the end zone referee had already thrown his hat prior to the catch. I believe that means Dez had likely already stepped out of bounds prior to the catch.

#reality

GloryDaysRBack;4675661 said:

That is what I saw too, he stepped (was pushed?) out of bounds then came back in to make the catch.

IAMKING

Benched
Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;4675673 said:
Thats fine. That's not the point. The point is that play had noting to do w the old force out rule.

Shouldnt your Days be Holes?

IAMKING

Benched
Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;4675689 said:
Hahahaha! That's a good one.

I should change that

This will be the season if we end up winning it all. Jerry :laugh2:

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
The physical talent within Dez's body is matched by maybe 3-4 WRs in the league today. He just needs to understand the importance of being consistent.

BTW the catch was just silly...

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
My understanding was that the force out rule that was done away with was only on the possession of the ball. Bryant was ruled out before he caught the ball, which was why the Ref. threw his hat down. Further, he was forced out of the back of the end zone by Weddle prior to the pass and should be allowed to reestablish himself in the field of play. Then had he come down with two feet in, it should have been a TD.

I don't know whether he got both feet down or not but but he did reestablish his position and the ref blew the call.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Joshmil53;4675612 said:
I'm pretty sure Romo was throwing it away.

They're just practicing their version of "The Catch" in case we ever need such a play. :)

Big D

Reaction score
baj1dallas;4675593 said:
He clearly didn't get both feet down. Kinda makes it hard to take Broaddus seriously.

Lonestar94;4675598 said:
I wish that touchdown would of counted, that would of been the play of the week.

5Stars;4675632 said:
He did step out with his right foot, but barely...the call was correct.

But, what a catch...!

;)

JohnsKey19;4675702 said:
The physical talent within Dez's body is matched by maybe 3-4 WRs in the league today. He just needs to understand the importance of being consistent.

BTW the catch was just silly...

yes it was!

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/incoming/20120818-cowboys_chargers_football_26875073.jpg.ece/BINARY/w700x467/COWBOYS_CHARGERS_FOOTBALL_26875073.JPG

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
jzcowboy;4675588 said:
Says he was forced out by Weddle and the holding call was BS. Awesome catch either way.

Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus
First off the holding call on Arkin was BS and this cat caught the ball but he was forced out by Weddle. Amazing play.

I'm sure it's been mentioned but the force out rule is no longer in existence. A receiver has to have both feet in bounds regardless if they're forced out. You would think Broaddus would know this by now.