Dez Bryant catch thread *merged*

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Bluestang;4678313 said:
What are the exact rules on being forced out?

Broaddus said that on the coaches film Weddle forced Bryant out of bounds.

If your forced out it is still a no catch you must have 2 feet in bounds. That rule has been in place for a while now.

Bluestang

Reaction score
Doomsday101;4678317 said:
If your forced out it is still a no catch you must have 2 feet in bounds. That rule has been in place for a while now.

I'm talking about if you are forced out before the pass is thrown.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Bluestang;4678315 said:
That picture is way more clearer than what was on the TV. I saw the TV replay about 5X and thought his foot was also on the line but this picture provides a better view.

It is a still photo not nessasary at the point of him coming down. In that picture his feet are inbound clearly what I was looking at when he 1st came down with the ball his toe hit the line. Again my view, I'm a die hard cowboys fan from way back but I refuse to be bias when looking at plays. Great catch but in my view out of bounds.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Bluestang;4678320 said:
I'm talking about if you are forced out before the pass is thrown.

If it is incidental the WR can't be the 1st to touch the ball. That is why the ref would throw his hat to rule the WR out

dallasdave

Reaction score
Just shows DEZ's greatness. When he played at:bow:
ok state he went up like that between 3 defenders and made the catch.:bow: :bow:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
juck;4675106 said:
The best catch I have ever seen.

*Great* athletic play, but not even the best catch by a WR named Bryant who played in Dallas in my opinion:

[youtube]1EFZelyPpdg[/youtube]

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
twentytwo;4678123 said:
large.jpg

Josh Ellis just tweeted this photo. Not sure if there's any photoshop or anything...

I've watched the play several times and his right foot lands on the line. The pic was taken after his right foot had already touched the chalk. Dez lifted his foot up as he was going out of bounds that's when the pic was taken. Every replay that was shown would not have overturned the call that it was OB.

jday

Reaction score
Whomever is responsible for this gif, kudos. On the other hand, the SBNation logo is in the worse possible place.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Dez's catch was amazing. Just amazing.

It reminds me of another amazing Cowboys catch, probably the best I have ever seen, and it came in the preseason as well. It was Terry Glenn for a touchdown. That's all I remember about it. If anyone knows what I'm talking about and can find a video of it, that would be incredible.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Lodeus;4678308 said:
Wow.

If it was the regular season and no penalty on the play, that would have been one of the best catches ever.
You are right -great catch-DEZ is awesome:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
bubba gage‏@BigBubba74

My homegirl @********** did it again with this great pic of our #88 @DezBryant #CowboyFam #cowboyszone pic.twitter.com/GYByeDwR

A04CRk9CMAAvixo.jpg:large

Red Dragon

Reaction score
EMMITTnROY;4678946 said:
Dez's catch was amazing. Just amazing.

It reminds me of another amazing Cowboys catch, probably the best I have ever seen, and it came in the preseason as well. It was Terry Glenn for a touchdown. That's all I remember about it. If anyone knows what I'm talking about and can find a video of it, that would be incredible.

I think you're talking about Cowboys 17, 49ers 7 in the 2006 preseason, and that was a great catch.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Red Dragon;4679721 said:
I think you're talking about Cowboys 17, 49ers 7 in the 2006 preseason, and that was a great catch.
That was a great catch:bow: :steelers:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Amazing catch.

Very prime Fitzgerald-like there.

Zordon

Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;4679712 said:
bubba gage‏@BigBubba74

My homegirl @********** did it again with this great pic of our #88 @DezBryant #CowboyFam #cowboyszone pic.twitter.com/GYByeDwR

yeah I came in here to post this pic. I can't believe the refs ruined one of the most amazing plays I've ever seen.