Twitter: Dez Bryant Concussion From Monday Practice

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not really. I don't count breaking bones towards an injury prone determination, nor do I concussions. These things bad luck, not some sort of recurring situation. You may be able to make a case for his back spasms, but I don't think he ever missed a game from them.

Ok whatever. So injuries don't count towards being injury prone.

He was injured last year during training camp and preseason. Dont you recall him running onto the field in the one scrimmage and getting punched in the face by one of the Rams? He then broke a bone in his foot and was out most of the year last year and when he did play he was hobbled. Been out all camp this year save for just recently. Now he has a concussion. Just sayin, the guy is prone to taking big hits. Might be an issue as he gets older.

But by all means, feel free to disregard what ever you like.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Actually I see Ronaldo McClain and Johnny Manziel on this list, so we might need to start worrying :)

Both of them probably could use some more concussions to knock some sense into them.

phildadon86

Reaction score
His history makes him injury prone. Love his spunk and toughness, but that has seemed to lead to him getting inured a lot. Very physical, searching out contact and not going down for every inch. Like it, but not always smart. Emmitt used to know how to avoid the big hits. Dez doesnt seem smart enough for that. Just sayin
Last year is the first year he's missed time since his rookie year. What are you talking about? Since we took him off of punt return duty has been healthy. Guy caught more balls with a broken finger than some other players were catching with 2 good hands. Are we talking about the same guy? He may be banged up at times but rarely misses games.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

He was injured last year during training camp and preseason. Dont you recall him running onto the field in the one scrimmage and getting punched in the face by one of the Rams? He then broke a bone in his foot and was out most of the year last year and when he did play he was hobbled. Been out all camp this year save for just recently. Now he has a concussion. Just sayin, the guy is prone to taking big hits. Might be an issue as he gets older.

I think it's difficult to figure out exactly why some players are able to avoid injuries while others seem to be plagued by various kinds.

Some of it absolutely appears to simply be bad luck. Some of it absolutely is how the player plays or technique. Some of it absolutely is genetics.

I don't concern myself too much about it because it is what it is. Dez is a physical player just like Marion Barber is a physical player, so we can't expect them to change who they are, and if they did, they wouldn't be the same player.

You never know in this sport how long a player is going to last or if they will even be available from game to game, so I chalk it up to the nature of the sport and just hope we will have the players that we need to contend each year.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I've seen enough of Dez in preseason, so not at all worried about that. But yeah, who the hell is hitting that hard in practice?

Defenders who feel they have something to prove. All they have heard all offseason is how horrible they are. Many publications have them ranked dead last or at the very bottom of defenses in the NFL. They have a chip on their shoulder.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
This is about where I land on it. It sucks. They can be a huge problem if they recur, but it's football and they happen. We don't have any notion of the degree, either. Just keep him out of the game and let him be ready for the season.
But I'm not trying to listen to these hissy fits because somebody got hurt playing FOOTBALL. Jason is taking the necessary precautions. Good Lord. All this whining is not a good read.

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score

Yes, he had an injury last year. Exactly how does that make him "injury prone?" Gotta love how tough guys are on the internet.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Oh, I thought it was table tennis. My bad.

What are you even getting at with your post?

This isn't hard to figure out. A key player getting a concussion isn't a good thing. It just isn't. The chances of subsequent concussions go up, for one. Two, the effects of a concussion can linger for weeks and weeks depending on the person and the extent of the concussion. Dez could be fine. He may never have another concussion again. He might pass the protocol this week and be cleared by next week. But a concussion is still not a good thing.

But sure, let's pretend that a concussion is like breaking a finger nail.
Let's see if my typing it again will make you "guys" feel better: "he is not playing again until opening day.":facepalm:

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Be fun to see Butler playing dez's spot with the starters. Bummer dez wont be playing this week though.

also Jerry just said he doesn't know if Zeke will play Thursday. Said he has been everything we thought he would be but might not play Thursday.

also mentioned that they like andy jones a lot.
We saw a lot of fun last year.

Sydla

Reaction score
Let's see if my typing it again will make you "guys" feel better: "he is not playing again until opening day.":facepalm:

Again, how does that change the point that now that he has a concussion, studies show his chances for future concussions and even more serious concussions goes up more than if he had never had a concussion to begin with?

That's the concern level for Bryant now. The next time he catches a slant pattern and someone smacks his head or his head hits the turf or a pile up occurs on his head, the chances that incident gives him another concussion are now higher than they were yesterday, when he didn't have a concussion history (at least known concussion history).

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yes, he had an injury last year. Exactly how does that make him "injury prone?" Gotta love how tough guys are on the internet.

I told you EXACTLY why. Try reading AGAIN tough guy. LOL

But thanks for reminding me about the broken finger. Seems like its always something these days with him.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Again, how does that change the point that now that he has a concussion, studies show his chances for future concussions and even more serious concussions goes up more than if he had never had a concussion to begin with?

That's the concern level for Bryant now. The next time he catches a slant pattern and someone smacks his head or his head hits the turf or a pile up occurs on his head, the chances that incident gives him another concussion are now higher than they were yesterday, when he didn't have a concussion history (at least known concussion history).

Some people just refuse to hear it or see it. Its doesnt mean its not a reality.

dfense

Reaction score
Sometimes you guys go out of your own ways to be pessimistic. The team is headed towards the regular season. Anyone...anyone, think that Tony and Dez won't be ready for the season?

It's still tryout time for the rest of the roster for specific tasks and standing. So be it, it's the off season time in camp.
I know, right? All pissed off that someone might miss a preseason game. who cares?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Didn't a Philly kicker get a concussion in pregame warm ups from a ball that hit him in the head. Don't know if true or not, but I read somewhere that soccer players get concussions more than football players. I think the league is maybe oversensitive to concussions right now and erring on the side of caution. Perhaps the league is now measuring concussions differently. Like obscenity, we all know a concussion when we see it but can't define it.

Based on what I am seeing today, I would not be surprised to see a very different game being played 10-15 years from now looking more like flag football or two hand touch.